BIS Hpally setup?

Full +healing only makes sense if you're using max rank. That is the only thing it beats int / stam stack at.

A 2600 hp / 2800 mana / 130 healing power paladin spamming r3 FoL will have higher healing throughput than a 1900 hp / 2000 mana / 240 healing power paladin spamming r1 FoL.

Its actually +334 healing (if I include WSG rings and enchants) vs +137. So quite a drastic difference. Now let's take a deeper dive into the calcs.

spell coefficient for flash of light is 42.85% irregardless of rank.

upload_2019-10-28_11-54-46.png
upload_2019-10-28_11-54-50.png

+137 healing: 137*42.85%=58.7
+334 healing: 334*42.85%=143.1

So 58.7 vs 143.1. These values are the actuals added to each flash of light cast. Now lets add them to the top end of each flash of light. 77 and 171 respectively.

+137: 171+58.7=229.7
+334: 77+143.1=220.11

So looking at this it shows that yes. using r3 at +137 healing does heal more than r1 at +334 by a slight margin of 9. But this does not take into consideration mana spend.

+137: 229.7/70=3.28
+334: 220.11/35=6.29

3.28/6.29=52%

Here I show that per single point of mana +334 gives you more effective healing at 6.29 per 1 mana whereas +137 only nets you 3.28 per 1 mana. A 52% net increase. So putting this into a simulated real world scenario. Assuming the paladin is only spamming flash of light (happens a good bit actually). The paladin with +137 will oom at about the same time the +334 paladin is sitting at 50% mana pool.

Now yes this does not consider hp lost by stacking so much health. This is the obvious trade-off and is scenario driven as I stated earlier.

If your build revolves around the enemy letting you freecast flash of light to 0 and then adding up total healing done, you do you.

This is also assuming the downrank coefficient isn't in place (I have no idea).

Last edited:
Its actually +334 healing (if I include WSG rings and enchants) vs +137. So quite a drastic difference. Now let's take a deeper dive into the calcs.

spell coefficient for flash of light is 42.85% irregardless of rank.

View attachment 13515View attachment 13516

+137 healing: 137*42.85%=58.7
+334 healing: 334*42.85%=143.1

So 58.7 vs 143.1. These values are the actuals added to each flash of light cast. Now lets add them to the top end of each flash of light. 77 and 171 respectively.

+137: 171+58.7=229.7
+334: 77+143.1=220.11

So looking at this it shows that yes. using r3 at +137 healing does heal more than r1 at +334 by a slight margin of 9. But this does not take into consideration mana spend.

+137: 229.7/70=3.28
+334: 220.11/35=6.29

3.28/6.29=52%

Here I show that per single point of mana +334 gives you more effective healing at 6.29 per 1 mana whereas +137 only nets you 3.28 per 1 mana. A 52% net increase. So putting this into a simulated real world scenario. Assuming the paladin is only spamming flash of light (happens a good bit actually). The paladin with +137 will oom at about the same time the +334 paladin is sitting at 50% mana pool.

Now yes this does not consider hp lost by stacking so much health. This is the obvious trade-off and is scenario driven as I stated earlier.

If your build revolves around the enemy letting you freecast flash of light to 0 and then adding up total healing done

a holy paladin's job is healing middle so if you're not healing until 0 mana you're doing something wrong. Since you're mid healer you should have DPS peeling for you at all times realistically. FoL is 1,5 sec and on top of that you have loads of "oh shit"-CDs. Also in 39s you're gonna be wearing green whelp armor anyway which takes a lot of physical pressure away.
[doublepost=1572334856,1572334548][/doublepost]hpala is unlike all other healers in classic a healbot whose only job is pumping out heals

Also I want to clarify I didn't take a bigger mana pool into account when i did my flash calcs. So the r3 +137 paly wont oom when the other is at 50% mana. Essentially the r3 +137 needs 48% more mana to oom at the same time (which is unrealistic). Assuming equal mp5 ofc.

And to bounce of what drama said. healing paladins in both 29 and 39 brackets will have 4-5x more effective healing than any other class. It's just the nature of being an insanely mana efficient class with a 1.5 sec heal (they are literally broken and never oom). While yes you do use other spells obviously, the majority of your time in combat is consumed by: 1. trying to cast flash on your allies 2. trying to cast flash on yourself 3. trying to juke interrupts to cast flash. It's just the how the class operates.

Will you use max rank holy light? yes. Will you use max rank flash on occasion? yes

And the build isn't around letting you freecast ala PvE optimal healing. I just use the toolkit of a paladin to my advantage. Having a stupid amount of oh shit spells and also the high amount of armor provided by mail and a shield allows you to survive surprisingly long and negates the small-ish health pool.

From my experience; having a stacked stamina/int paladin is just overkill for yourself and will disadvantage your allies from a healing perspective and survival; especially in premade settings. You wont have enough effective healing to keep them up in a stunlock or silence, etc. Your job isn't ensuring you survive (well to an extent); you aren't a solo class. Your job is ensuring your allies survive and are enabled enough by you, the paladin, to allow them to peel, do max damage, and keep you alive. If that makes sense.

Having a large health pool takes so much pressure off yourself. You can avoid popping major cooldowns more often when you get stunned and interrupted. It makes you an even less attractive kill target which will increase the amount of time you can spend healing.
In high stress situations, flash, for me, was more about filling spare globals while I could look for holy light casts. I was even experimenting with an int stacking build which felt very promising. Food for thought.

Yeah I agree on the holy light idea. Seeing that it has a higher spell coefficient than flash. The only issue you run into is when you are pressured. You dont have time to cast holy lights and you'll struggle keeping yourself or anyone else up if you have low +healing and are forced to use r3. Where as a full +healing can always uprank when required aka more flexibility.

I also see many many paladins holding on to cooldowns where it may be best to just insta bubble, re-position, and free cast rather than try to stick it out through a melee barrage. Its only a 5 minute CD and BOP is only 3 minutes (then you have pots/engi as well) So i prio the paladin kit/engi over a big health pool.

I go +stam mostly.I use skeletal shoulders.
Have a +heal set for when i am with a premade but if you're queing solo a lot of the time you want mostly +stam with a bit of +int and the SM shield.Beacon of hope for big guild runs.
You can't heal if you are dead.

Users who are viewing this thread