BIS Hpally setup?

cyber

Veteran
Can anyone who is knowledgeable on intricacies of Hpally please make a Sixtyupgrades link of what is recommended? I presume that its a alot of 38/39 12/12, 9/9 eagle greens w/ epic shield.

Would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you! Thats kind of what i expected. The eagle bracers from Ironya is what i forgot about.

Here's my zero rep BiS for Holy Paladin (very close to Happypandas). Feel free to mix and match any of the max roll Eagle/Healing gear, but you will probably want a mix of both.

Last edited:
https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/r8fKpsC8LkimQ9JfE6bc7B

run 19/11/0 or 12/18/0 (can swap out UF with Imp LoH)

Here is what I ran on private servers with great success. A few pieces can be swapped out of course. Bracers with Ironaya's, Green Whelp for stamina or eagle chest, rings.

What you have to remember is that paladins have 0 mana issues if they have enough +healing and can downrank flash. So intellect as primary stat is nearly useless (especially with you add enough Mp5) vs say stamina. Ofc in certain situations having a more stam/int build is favorable vs full +healing.

Yes Green whelp armor is OP and should be used. The only downside is most rogues are undead so WOTF negates it a bit.

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/r8fKpsC8LkimQ9JfE6bc7B

run 19/11/0 or 12/18/0 (can swap out UF with Imp LoH)

Here is what I ran on private servers with great success. A few pieces can be swapped out of course. Bracers with Ironaya's, Green Whelp for stamina or eagle chest, rings.

What you have to remember is that paladins have 0 mana issues if they have enough +healing and can downrank flash. So intellect as primary stat is nearly useless (especially with you add enough Mp5) vs say stamina. Ofc in certain situations having a more stam/int build is favorable vs full +healing.

Yes Green whelp armor is OP and should be used. The only downside is most rogues are undead so WOTF negates it a bit.
You are trading SO much health and mana for a measly 100+ Healing.

Not worth considering paladins have Divine Intellect, Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Chosen and a plethora of instant cast utility spells.

Skeletal Shoulders, lmao.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=7375/green-whelp-armor is a gimmick and only really useful if getting trained by multiple hunters and rogues. Put one in your bag, but it's rare that you'll actually want to use it.

I generally prefer https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1716/robe-of-the-magi to the +12 int/stam chest pieces.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=7721/hand-of-righteousness is the correct weapon. https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4987/dwarf-captains-sword might take up a bag slot for when you need some extra survivability (but, again, is mostly just going to eat up a bag slot).

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1204/the-green-tower is another item that will just eat up a bag slot until you're getting blown up.

Pallies are so hard to kill, all that survivability is usually less important than having mana and regen.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1716/robe-of-the-magi is a good choice. So is https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19532/caretakers-cape and https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19524/lorekeepers-ring.

You can opt between "of the Eagle" and "of Healing" gear for several slots, but stacking full +healing gear will get you dead when you get kicked.

You are trading SO much health and mana for a measly 100+ Healing.

Not worth considering paladins have Divine Intellect, Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Chosen and a plethora of instant cast utility spells.

Skeletal Shoulders, lmao.

Ok lets assess some of your statements above:

1. IDK where you learned math but if you compare my build to your's it's actually +185 and would be around +200 if i included 2x wsg rings.

2. Skeletal shoulders are the highest armor and stam rating for shoulders at 39. Taking into consideration I devalue mana pool for +healing and Mp5 I see no reason why I would use 9/9.

3. Now lets look at the 39 instant cast spells paladin has at there disposal (see below). (Hoj is 50 mana every 45 seconds with the talent in prot so I thought that was negligible in the scheme of things). Oh look at that. They are are all % based which means having a larger mana pool actually means nothing.

upload_2019-10-27_18-56-19.png
upload_2019-10-27_18-56-41.png

upload_2019-10-27_18-57-27.png

With all that being said and the fact that you have retail armory characters in your sig, I think it may be an accurate assessment I have quite a bit more experience at 39 in vanilla than you.

1. IDK where you learned math but if you compare my build to your's it's actually +185 and would be around +200 if i included 2x wsg rings.
You don't seem to understand that the + Healing is actually useless to you once you're locked or inside a 5 point kidney shot, which is my whole argument.

2. Skeletal shoulders are the highest armor and stam rating for shoulders at 39. Taking into consideration I devalue mana pool for +healing and Mp5 I see no reason why I would use 9/9.
Sure, use your shitty blue shoulders.

3. Now lets look at the 39 instant cast spells paladin has at there disposal (see below). (Hoj is 50 mana every 45 seconds with the talent in prot so I thought that was negligible in the scheme of things). Oh look at that. They are are all % based which means having a larger mana pool actually means nothing.
You seem to be stuck in 2006.

With all that being said and the fact that you have retail armory characters in your sig, I think it may be an accurate assessment I have quite a bit more experience at 39 in vanilla than you.
Excuse me? There is no official classic armory you bumbling moron.

Sure, use your shitty blue shoulders.

I could actually understand why he considers Skeletal (15 Stam + 6 Str ) comparable to 9 Stam + 9 Int). You are trading off 90 mana for 60 health which would seem reasonable for your own argument of a larger health pool is better. The 15 armor is negligible though. I do agree though that + healing can be overkill. Downranking spells that have the reduced cast time reduce the effect of + healing applied to them.

Your original link you posted is what i would consider to be the best option. I really dont think that +healing is going to save someone from a Elemental shaman, two rogues opening, or just being focus fired by a few other twinks. I wouldn't consider any twink build thats under 2400 health viable except for spell damage classes.

I could actually understand why he considers Skeletal (15 Stam + 6 Str ) comparable to 9 Stam + 9 Int). You are trading off 90 mana for 60 health which would seem reasonable for your own argument of a larger health pool is better. The 15 armor is negligible though. I do agree though that + healing can be overkill. Downranking spells that have the reduced cast time reduce the effect of + healing applied to them.

Your original link you posted is what i would consider to be the best option. I really dont think that +healing is going to save someone from a Elemental shaman, two rogues opening, or just being focus fired by a few other twinks. I wouldn't consider any twink build thats under 2400 health viable except for spell damage classes.
Yeah there really isn't any other option, so shitty blue shoulders it is.

IIRC the reduction in effectiveness only applies to spells under lvl 20. Where it is very very noticeable. Seeing that rank 1 flash is trained at lvl 20 it is in the clear
[doublepost=1572267251,1572266774][/doublepost]
You don't seem to understand that the + Healing is actually useless to you once you're locked or inside a 5 point kidney shot, which is my whole argument.

Seeing the rest of your responses add no value to your original argument I'll consider it a win and respond to this.

Don't overestimate the amount of damage a rogue will do to you at 39. Your armor is high enough that it requires maybe 2 or even 3 physical to kill you in a stun lock. The real counter you'll have to contend with is a shaman and lock not a rogue or rogues.

Also it is usually not impossible to get away from rogues or physical (outside of a good shaman) at 39. You have a lot of spells that allow for separation/mitigation (HOJ, purify, grenade, bubble, BoP, green whelp). Also, usually you are in a duo setting where you'll have at least 1 class to peel you heavily.

In the end yes having a stam set is useful to have. But from experience I was usually locked into the full +healing set. Especially if you are queuing in a group or duo.

View attachment 13505View attachment 13506
View attachment 13507

I mean im not taking sides here I just want to point out that extra +healing wont help any of those spells either.

View attachment 13505View attachment 13506
View attachment 13507

Those images though... % Of BASE mana. Having a bigger mana pool equals more casts. Its not like spells become more expensive with a bigger pool lmao

Those images though... % Of BASE mana. Having a bigger mana pool equals more casts. Its not like spells become more expensive with a bigger pool lmao

Ok derp my bad lmao. Even with this I still had no true mana issues as long as you had high enough Mp5 and downranked. Flash is used 80-90 percent more than instants just from my experience (you only really use purify for serpent/viper and cripple and BOF is 20 sec CD).

And example here. For every freedom you are casting a max of 10 flash of lights. So thats 35x10 = 350 mana (35 mana for rank 1 flash). whereas if you use rank 3 flash its 70 mana. I don't have time to do the calc but I'm pretty sure the +185-200 extra healing on rank 1 is more optimal from a mana perspective than using a 70 mana rank 3 flash (I can do this later if you want). This negates the mana aspect of things. Now its on prioritizing the extra healing or the extra stam and as I stated that is more dependent on situation.

Ok derp my bad lmao. Even with this I still had no true mana issues as long as you had high enough Mp5 and downranked. Flash is used 80-90 percent more than instants just from my experience (you only really use purify for serpent/viper and cripple and BOF is 20 sec CD).

And example here. For every freedom you are casting a max of 10 flash of lights. So thats 35x10 = 350 mana (35 mana for rank 1 flash). whereas if you use rank 3 flash its 70 mana. I don't have time to do the calc but I'm pretty sure the +185-200 extra healing on rank 1 is more optimal from a mana perspective than using a 70 mana rank 3 flash (I can do this later if you want). This negates the mana aspect of things. Now its on prioritizing the extra healing or the extra stam and as I stated that is more dependent on situation.
Full +healing only makes sense if you're using max rank. That is the only thing it beats int / stam stack at.

A 2600 hp / 2800 mana / 130 healing power paladin spamming r3 FoL will have higher healing throughput than a 1900 hp / 2000 mana / 240 healing power paladin spamming r1 FoL.

Users who are viewing this thread