BiS gear for tank classes.

Sebs

Legend
I will start with the plate set for paladins, warriors and death knights. (BA=Bonus Armor)

Head: Dark Iron Helm
Shoulders: Imperial Plate Shoulders
Cloak: Cloak of Warding
Chest: Runic Breastplate (It can be hard to find someone with the pattern) This is an alternative Heavy Mithril Breastplate
Wrist: Imperial Plate Bracers
Hands: Gauntlets of Valor
Waist: Belt of Valor
Legs: Runic Plate Leggings
Feet: Dark Iron Boots (of the Bear)

Neck: Pendant of the Shifting Sands
Rings: Mok'Nathal Clan Ring (You want two of these because they aren't Unique-Equipped)
Trinket 1: Smoking Heart of the Mountain
Trinket 2: Goblin Rocket Launcher (If you are a human. If you're not a human go for a PvP trinket. (If you're an old paladin and have the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas go for it)

1 Hand: Serathil (I use this for world pvp and duels) Ardent Custodian (For instanced pvp, because the BA scales higher)
Shield: Blackskull Shield
2 Hand (For Death Knights) Archaic Defender or Sulfaras, Hand of Ragnaros

You want the Imperial and the Valor pieces because of the first set bonus which gives (Imperial 100 BA and Valor 200 BA)

About enchants on rings, neck and cloak. It's all personal preference. On paladin I'd go for mutlistrike because of the healing passive you have. On a warrior I'd go for critical strike.
The rest of the enchants is up to you on my warrior I go for all stamina which pretty much everyone does.

Now for monks and guardian druids.

Helm: Guise of the Devourer
Shoulders: Volcanic Shoulers
Chest: Volcanic Breastplate
Cloak: Cloak of Warding
Wrist: Shadowcraft Bracers
Hands: Shadowcraft Gloves
Waist: Lava Belt
Legs: Volcanic Leggings
Feet: Highlander's Leather Boots or Boots of the Shadow Flame if you don't want the speed increase and prefer more BA

Neck: Prestor's Talisman of Connivery
Rings: Mok'Nathal Clan Ring (You want two of these because they aren't Unique-Equipped)
Trinket 1: Smoking Heart of the Mountain
Trinket 2: Goblin Rocket Launcher (If you are a human. If you're not a human go for a PvP trinket.

2 Hand: Staff of Protection

You want the shadowcraft items because of the first set bonus which gives 200 BA.
For rings, neck and cloak enchants I'd go for critical strike.

If you have any questions or want me to change something on the list. Reply on this thread.
Hope you found this somewhat helpful :D

Last edited by a moderator:
str neck is wrong you would wanna use barbed choker for max ap.
there is also a difference between BiS and max bonus armor.. with the exeption of sulfras every wep you have listed is bad for warr's dk's and druids (im not shure about monk but as far as i know monks doesn't use wep dmg on any attacks?)
the reason of this is that wep dmg truly matters to the dmg output of these classes. when dropping this many ilvls for ap you are still gonna drop in dmg output. there IS some low lvl alternatives witch gives you a big advantage against BA stackers if they are not using it. bashguuder and rivenspike's procs are worth the ilvls against high armor targets.

honorable mention goes to wall of the dead for procing over 300 BA

this thread is proly gonna get shooed a bit but bonus armor is nothing new and im not surprised to see this list on here, only mention I have is the lack of research gone into whether or not the item itself does increase dmg output as opposed to witch item gives the most bonus armor.

All gear gets scaled in instanced pvp, so while you're right the lower lvl wouldn't be worth it for world pvp and pve, instanced it would work.

also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't most of these items be BiS for 70 twinks aswell currently?

str neck is wrong you would wanna use barbed choker for max ap.
there is also a difference between BiS and max bonus armor.. with the exeption of sulfras every wep you have listed is bad for warr's dk's and druids (im not shure about monk but as far as i know monks doesn't use wep dmg on any attacks?)
the reason of this is that wep dmg truly matters to the dmg output of these classes. when dropping this many ilvls for ap you are still gonna drop in dmg output. there IS some low lvl alternatives witch gives you a big advantage against BA stackers if they are not using it. bashguuder and rivenspike's procs are worth the ilvls against high armor targets.

honorable mention goes to wall of the dead for procing over 300 BA

this thread is proly gonna get shooed a bit but bonus armor is nothing new and im not surprised to see this list on here, only mention I have is the lack of research gone into whether or not the item itself does increase dmg output as opposed to witch item gives the most bonus armor.

Correct but I've done testing on my warrior and paladin using serathil and a the pvp 1 hander 2.9 speed one. Overall my damage is higher with serathil. With some exceptions. On the paladin every ability did higher damage with serathil but on the warrior. Devestate and execute did 20-30 more damage but revenge, heroic strike and dragon's roar was higher with serathil than the pvp weapon. So overall serathil is better because you get more BA which decreases the physical damage you take.

Oh and btw, don't underestimate staff of protection

Last edited by a moderator:
Serathil is a bit weird even though it adds some AP over Blessed Qiraji War Hammer the damage is soooo much lower in duels/world pvp/dungeons/raids, it's not worth it as far as I can tell.

Serathil is a bit weird even though it adds some AP over Blessed Qiraji War Hammer the damage is soooo much lower in duels/world pvp/dungeons/raids, it's not worth it as far as I can tell.

May be true but I haven't done the math, I only tend to do skirmishes though, but that got boring. I'm just waiting for the BA to get nerfed so I can play my mage again. :X, trying to raise awareness.

This is a stupid question but I feel it may be best to ask it here - is instanced PvE scaled (IE: Classic Raids). So would low level gears scale in these raids like it does in PvP? Or is it strictly in Arenas/BGs?

Users who are viewing this thread