BIS enchants (29)

Legs - Powerful Enchanted Spellthread - 6 Int/5 Stam

Gloves - Major Spellpower - 8 SP

Last edited by a moderator:
Pattern said:
grandfathered chant, will give grandfathered values. Congrats

Enchants aren't actually working like that.

Some are still unaffected by scaling. Others are bugged.

Bis tank enchant:
Heavy knothide kit +10 stam (shoulders, legs, chest)
Tuskar's: +4 stam +10% move speed. Fortitude for full steam. It gives +9 stam. With speed stacking now tuskar is better though (imo)
Gloves: glove reinforcements +12 Stam
Bracer: mighty stamina +6 stam
Weapon: colossus +112 absorb on proc. Double proc, crit and have almost 80% uptime.
Cloak: mighty stam +3 stam

(I will double check others and update this post later)

Legs:
Powerful Enchanted Spellthread - 6 Int/5 Stam
Charscale Leg Armor - 8 Stam 3 Agility
Scorched Leg Armor - 3 AP 3 Crit

Gloves:
Major Spellpower - 8 SP

Boots:
Boar Speed - 3 Stam Minor Speed

Bracer:
Major Stam - 6 Stam

Shoulder:
Greater Inscription of the Blade - 3 Crit 2 AP
Heavy Knothide Armor Kit - 5 Stam

Cloak:
Mighty Stam - 4 Stam

All of these are tested via the Stat Sheet, NOT TOOLTIPS

Bis tank enchant:
Heavy knothide kit +10 stam (shoulders, legs, chest)
Tuskar's: +4 stam +10% move speed. Fortitude for full steam. It gives +9 stam. With speed stacking now tuskar is better though (imo)
Gloves: glove reinforcements +12 Stam
Bracer: mighty stamina +6 stam
Weapon: colossus +112 absorb on proc. Double proc, crit and have almost 80% uptime.
Cloak: mighty stam +3 stam

(I will double check others and update this post later)

These look like tooltips not actual stats

These look like tooltips not actual stats

Stats actually. But you're correct I had outdated stats (from tooltips). Just checking on my 29 now. Heavy knothide was showing +10 stam but was indeed +5. Fixed now on live.

They still did not nerf enduring cap though (+23 stam!)

Wouldn't "Stealth" cloak enchant be better than the PvP power one? 4 agility and 4 dodge (1% dodge for 29 and 8 AP, it does actually give those stats).
4 agi = 4 AP, 1 agi = 1 AP in 6.02
Enchants aren't actually working like that.

Some are still unaffected by scaling. Others are bugged.
His enchant might remain 15 str due to being GF'd

Snack said:
His enchant might remain 15 str due to being GF'd

They honestly don't work like that. It might appear to be giving him +15 str, but really only giving him 3. I have Soulfrost on my warlock that is doing that exact thing, showing their full values but only giving the scaling values.

http://imgur.com/WzGIYzb,7TZL7Bq In my bags, shows the actual value. On my toon, shows the value before scaling.

That's why it's important to actually test that value against what you see on your character sheet.

I can't tell you exactly how Blizzard implemented the scaling or what they did to address enchants on people's gear before the patch, but I can guarantee you that there are plenty of enchants that are showing bugged tool tips and some which aren't even down scaling properly. Elemental Force is proccing for 110-220 damage for all classes at all levels below 60, instead of having a specific range dependent on which level you are. Landslide is doing the same thing, proccing for 75 AP regardless of your level below 60. Other enchants, such as +15 agi to glove show one value and give another. On my 29 it shows as +8 agi, but gives only +3. On my 39 it shows +10 agi, but gives only 3.

Scorched Leg Armor says it gives +10ap +12 crit @ 29. It actually gives +4 ap +4 crit. Peerless Stats (and other +stats enchants) actually only give +1 to stats, regardless of what the tool tip actually says. Exceptional Health to chest is probably BiS @ 29/39, as it gives +60 hp/+77 hp. 1 stam is only 23 HP @ 29, so +60 hp is definitely better than Peerless Stats.

These are just examples and precisely why you have to actually test the enchant vs the character sheet numbers before you assume it's just GF'd. Enchant values are the most unlikely thing to be GF'd, even in Cata when 5.4 came out and some people had unbound Parachute Cloaks with +12 agi on them. Just because they display one value, doesn't mean you can actually trust it to give that value.

That's why I don't like community Bis list. Your trusting the people turning in things to contribute are checking if the stats are real. Great points all around Willix.

Oh, and for the record, the only things that actually got grandfathered this time around are certain glyphs and Heavy Borean/Glove Reinforcements applied to BoP items from dungeons. As far as we know, it's impossible to apply those items to dungeon drops in 6.0 due to the increased response times Blizzard coded into the servers for the patch. So if you were able to get bugged gloves in 5.4, those are likely grandfathered.

Any glyphs you have applied to a glyph slot, but were changed to be automatically learned at a specific level (Reflective Shield, Penance, Lightning Shield, Polymorph, ect) are grandfathered because you have to be higher level to learn those now, so don't remove them from your character sheet.

Priestz @ Ursin - Community - World of Warcraft

Honey badger said:
That's why I don't like community Bis list. Your trusting the people turning in things to contribute are checking if the stats are real. Great points all around Willix.

I would have made a list by now but it doesn't seem like Blizzard is finished changing things. Due to the amount of work it would actually take to catalog each enchant + all the levels they scale at, I don't want to invest that kind of time only to have things changed by Blizzard later and have to redo it all. I spent nearly two hours just checking the enchants for one character on one spec at one level, which included swapping enchants out to see which ones are BiS (based on what was available to me at the time). I have an enchanter, tailor, and LW, so I can easily craft what I need for one character, but I don't have all enchants in the game, nor do I have unlimited materials to be able to craft one of each enchant for every single character I have at 19, 29, 39, 49, ect.

The best thing for people to do is just get on their twink, verify the values the enchants they are using are actually giving, and then swap them out as necessary to ones they find are giving better values. We're talking differences of 1-2 stat points between redundant enchants, so it's not really that big a deal if you don't have absolute BiS at this point.

We'll get it figured out a little bit better when Blizzard actually addresses their botched scaling attempts and fixes the bugged enchants.

PS: Enchants on the armory are not showing the down scaled values. Armories are also not reflecting the actual stat values of characters, you have to do math to figure those out.

Users who are viewing this thread