Best Professions.

Pallymagic

Legend
I've recently been looking for professions for my holy pally, i have picked JC'ing already for the gems and trinkets, and the toss up on 2nd profession is LW'ing for the massive wrist enchant bonuses or Engi for certain tinkers and items (Not Tazik Shockers) i was thinking more along the lines of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23077 anyone know if this item works in arena? if so i suggest everyone gets it to counter those bloody frost mages, i know it is unreliable above lvl 60+ but worth a shot, if your stuck in a deep freeze and a mage is getting ready to shatter you hard, pop a trink and possibly reflect both shatters? that is a HUGE advantage in arena. let me know if you know, cheers.
<
also something like http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30570 would come in massive handy

if ur goin prot / ret dwarf + lw is good for arena can get 160 - 180 frost resist without loosing anything vital (not a troll to mages just a simple useful thing since 60% of teams are with a mage)

if ur holy i would argue to say JC / eng for haste to gloves to help burst

Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing for sure... the two extra gem sockets for Blacksmithing give you a nice bonus, either 40 resi or 40 int.

Engineering is kinda a must "imo". The fact is Synapse or Tazik are far too great to miss out on. Even if you need to reskill.

thanks for the thoughts, just fyi tupac i am going holy and thats what i was leaning towards, but does anyone know if the two items i linked are useable in arena?

Tailoring?? cloak ench with chance on hit/spellcast: 1.400+ AP 12 sec, 2. 295+ SP 12 sec, 3. Restore 400 mana . Not 100% sure if its 12 sec or more/less.

Isnt that better then ENCH/JC?
<

Tailoring?? cloak ench with chance on hit/spellcast: 1.400+ AP 12 sec, 2. 295+ SP 12 sec, 3. Restore 400 mana . Not 100% sure if its 12 sec or more/less.

Isnt that better then ENCH/JC?
<

No, simply because it is a proc and ALWAYS seems to proc when you least need it
<

thanks for the thoughts, just fyi tupac i am going holy and thats what i was leaning towards, but does anyone know if the two items i linked are useable in arena?

you know gyrofreeze im not sure but its not worth it for arena you could have 54 int over 15 resist

Yea, i realize its a 50% chance of failing at 70 but i still think it would be useful in arena against a mage, i am prolly gonna keep my regular trinkets on and then equip that if i come up against a mage team.

1 other thing, the dragons eye gems, is there a limit to how many you can have in your gear? because whenever i see a player in BG with max JC'ing they only seem to have 3 dragons eye gems in their gear, so is there a limit to how many you can have?

Yea, i realize its a 50% chance of failing at 70 but i still think it would be useful in arena against a mage, i am prolly gonna keep my regular trinkets on and then equip that if i come up against a mage team.

1 other thing, the dragons eye gems, is there a limit to how many you can have in your gear? because whenever i see a player in BG with max JC'ing they only seem to have 3 dragons eye gems in their gear, so is there a limit to how many you can have?

3 is the maximum ammount of dragon's eye gems that you can wear at the same moment.

3 is the maximum ammount of dragon's eye gems that you can wear at the same moment.

this

1 spell reflect at a 50% chance ( i think its lower) is def not worth it

if the cap is 3 why do people bother that much? say your stacking resil, you only get 14 extra resil per gem... 14x3=42 extra resil.. its not really that much wouldnt LW have more viable benefits e.g 100 stam to wrists or 79 SP to wrists..

not really if your resil stacking you go bs / jc = max resil for a healer 1k is not much in retrospect seeing as most class priest / pal flash heals 10 k - 11k with resil stacking so no need to stack stam or anything what u want to avoid is getting caught in a bad position and getting quick switched

im definately not doing anything but healing with this paladin, would Blacksmithing be more useful than engineering? as a healer?

so you went LW and Engi? when i look at bonuses that you will 100% get i see 3 profs (not including tailoring) BS LW and JC. Using intel/SP as an example, JC grants 42 extra intel from the gems, BS grants 2 extra sockets granting an extra 40 intel and LW, granting an extra 46 SP on wrist enchants. wouldnt JC/LW be best? atm i have all intel gems in my pvp gear, i am regemming and according to my calculations i will lose 10 +20intel Gems, thats 2000 mana and 200 SP (not to mention a bunch of crit) i am regemming to a resil stack build, 42 extra resil from the JC gems is a great bonus and better than 40 resil from the extra BS sockets. i see two options, Jcing for me is alrdy locked in, i can either go BS for even MORE resil so 42 from jc + 40 from BSing or 42 resil from jcing and go LW to get the SP to wrist chant to compensate for the loss of all the intel gems. Thoughts? btw i like your pally i have all the gear he has, because i have been building a pve set, but instead of your current hands, wouldnt http://www.wowhead.com/item=34240 be a better choice? 2 gems slots would be better for your resil? you do lose 25 stam and 33 crit, but you gain a bit of intel/spirit/resil.

u dont need int as holy mana is not an issue ever neither is SP ur main focus in my opinion is resil and surv hence why i went eng / lw dont get me wrong other profs are viable but they my choices

as for gear nothing is better then what i have on peroid.

hah, nws man wasnt a dig at your gear, merely a suggestion but i enjoy the spellpower, the exorcisms are a great help to dps in a 2v2 match

edit: also why blackmagic? just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread