Best location drop sea turtle?

actually, imo, the best place is the DMF (if you're there anyway)...but obviously it's only available one week a month and there's a lot of competition. i'm waiting till i'm done buying all the DMF items (just need one more mount - got side-tracked by some BoA gear so its taking awhile) in the hopes that i get lucky before i go off and power-grind the turtle.

actually, imo, the best place is the DMF (if you're there anyway)...but obviously it's only available one week a month and there's a lot of competition. i'm waiting till i'm done buying all the DMF items (just need one more mount - got side-tracked by some BoA gear so its taking awhile) in the hopes that i get lucky before i go off and power-grind the turtle.
Fished @ DMF latest week for about 350 pools. Nothing so far. Any idea what the dropchance might be?

I'm sry but it's not what anyone has said trust me. Mia the drop rate is 1/10k. The best place is in northrend in the frozen sea. Has like 5 pools up at a time, nothing can possibly aggro you, no competition, and minimal swimming is required once you learn a good iceberg jumping route

I'm sry but it's not what anyone has said trust me. Mia the drop rate is 1/10k. The best place is in northrend in the frozen sea. Has like 5 pools up at a time, nothing can possibly aggro you, no competition, and minimal swimming is required once you learn a good iceberg jumping route

Actually, no. The lake i mentioned is much better than the frozen sea. Jumping around trying to get to the pools is just a pain - at the lake in HF there's infinite pools, and only 1 aggressive mob that will attack you. There might be a few baddies there for the herbs around the lake, but i bet you that you'll get more fish per minute there anyways.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, no. The lake i mentioned is much better than the frozen sea. Jumping around trying to get to the pools is just a pain - at the lake in HF there's infinite pools, and only 1 aggressive mob that will attack you. There might be a few baddies there for the herbs around the lake, but i bet you that you'll get more fish per minute there anyways.

IMO

There's no mobs that can attack you in my area and the only person I saw there within 2 hours was my friend fishing with me :p

There was a pretty good route I found while fishing and I got 200 casts in under an hour. If you have fished in my area as well as yours and you say yours is better then you would know more then me as I only fished in my location. Either way though OP these 2 spots seem like pretty solid choices, maybe change locations every 2k fish? ;)

I like the lake in Howling Fjord, by the Alliance FP Fort Wildervar. Just because you can fish the entire north side constantly with 0 mobs and part of the south side, and in every pass run into multiple pools, but most importantly.... it's directly on a flight path. xP

[URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=2817/Crystalsong-Forest[/URL], drop rate is just as good as anywhere else, and you rarely run into mobs

you should just spam "i suck giant juevos 'cause my luck is just stupid. ha. ha. and ha."

One was a few years ago doing a fishing daily, wasn't trying for it just lucky. With four 80sdoing dailys it was bound to happen. Last one was on my trial. Spent a few hours in twilight with no luck. Was doing fishing quest for DMF and a wreckage spawned in front of me with a turtle in it.

Must have high level of fishing to catch sea turtle? Or with 0 already gives?

Fishing skill level is not a factor. It can be caught with a skill level of one, and a higher skill level does not increase your odds of catching one. This goes with all RNG catches from pools, as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread