Best in Slot Player vs. Player

Is the feral chardev close to correct?
Cause I have one in the making and I just saw it said I should get 4 piece tier 6 and a stamina gem in the bracers, and critt + agi gems.
Are all those things correct? I was thinking pure agi gems and some resi gems like most others do....

Yeah, that feral looks better, although I'm not sure wether 4 set tier 6 might be worth the agi loss...

mage

fire
chardev 9
frost (arcane)
chardev 9

if you already go for anetherons noose (what id do, too), you should go for slippers of the seacaller as they have 2 gemslots and your overall statgain will be higher, even if they have spirit.
stat changes without consideration of gems (remember, 1 in t6.5 and 2 in slippers)
-5 Int
-9 Sta
-44 Armor
-29 Haste

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft
wouldnt ever gem smooth/quick (yellow) gems, but that depends on personal favor i think

Ye I just got my hand on 4 piece tier 6 on my feral, did a 25k fero bite, prev record was 19-20k.
It's sooo BiS :p plus the bleeds tick for a ton more...

yes, but would consider taking tier 6 2pc with pandaria, as snd takes the energetic recover part :eek:
think there might be also swappable items for personal preference, but in general you should have the best "allround" setup regarding resilience/output/hit/exp + unobtainable bis trinket

Last edited by a moderator:
Rated BG set for a frostmage.

http://chardev.org/?profile=393421

1) Hitcap
2) 75 Spellpen ( 40 on offhand and 35 on cloak), chardev shows wrong info
3) 4pc brutal
4) 4pc tier 6
5) Enough haste for fast casting, lower global CD and faster CC. With Skull of Guldan used it goes to around 35%.
6) a bit low spellpower is compensated with Synapse

okay. i smell questions like "WTF WHAI NOOB LOW MANA".

Hitcap and spellpen ( enough to beat racial) is needed to be sure that targett will be CCed. Example- you + rogue is attacking a base on AB or eots. You start attacking them, they use pvp trinkets. Rogue sap one guy, you poly the 2nd when rogue is capping the base. If you miss it will be a fail. Example number two- you need to cc one healer when nuking the FC . Everyone in attack group (4ppl) attacks a FC. You missed the sheep- one healer is running around without cc, FC is alive, your grp is dead because you didnt kill a FC in a short time. There are alot more examples of that.

Tier 6 legs- why not Leggings of calamity? Because of 4PC bonus. Yes, 3>1 sockets are cool but they wont give that much as that 5% bonus.

Why haste? To lower global cd, to cast faster, to CC faster, and also to cast more damaging spells while your synapse is active.

Why no resil gems? Because frostmage's defences on rbg are his shield's and iceblock, also lots of CC. If the group can CC properly and entirely control everything on RBG ( incl who controls who and when) then mages do not need resilience.

Blacksmith can be replaced by JC

High ranked mages ( high i mean those who have been top 1-3) will confirm all of that info. Please add this chardev as "Rated bg set"

Rated BG set for a frostmage.

http://chardev.org/?profile=393421

1) Hitcap
2) 75 Spellpen ( 40 on offhand and 35 on cloak), chardev shows wrong info
3) 4pc brutal
4) 4pc tier 6
5) Enough haste for fast casting, lower global CD and faster CC. With Skull of Guldan used it goes to around 35%.
6) a bit low spellpower is compensated with Synapse

okay. i smell questions like "WTF WHAI NOOB LOW MANA".

Hitcap and spellpen ( enough to beat racial) is needed to be sure that targett will be CCed. Example- you + rogue is attacking a base on AB or eots. You start attacking them, they use pvp trinkets. Rogue sap one guy, you poly the 2nd when rogue is capping the base. If you miss it will be a fail. Example number two- you need to cc one healer when nuking the FC . Everyone in attack group (4ppl) attacks a FC. You missed the sheep- one healer is running around without cc, FC is alive, your grp is dead because you didnt kill a FC in a short time. There are alot more examples of that.

Tier 6 legs- why not Leggings of calamity? Because of 4PC bonus. Yes, 3>1 sockets are cool but they wont give that much as that 5% bonus.

Why haste? To lower global cd, to cast faster, to CC faster, and also to cast more damaging spells while your synapse is active.

Why no resil gems? Because frostmage's defences on rbg are his shield's and iceblock, also lots of CC. If the group can CC properly and entirely control everything on RBG ( incl who controls who and when) then mages do not need resilience.

Blacksmith can be replaced by JC

High ranked mages ( high i mean those who have been top 1-3) will confirm all of that info. Please add this chardev as "Rated bg set"

It is unneccessary to try to get such a high haste as frost mage. Exchange 3x20 haste gems for 3x20 Int gems and you would be near ideal (as long as you stay over ideally 20% haste). Plus you have the extra haste from Skull for faster CC.

Trust me the overall reduction in cast time from that extra 3.81% haste will be barely noticeable (note it will be in the hundredths of seconds, not tenths). Plus you will get some extra crit as well as SP from the added Int.

Plus that chardev you linked has 89 Spell Pen not 75, you forgot the 14 you get from the ring.

Regards.

Considering a double Rogue burst damage 2v2 set. This is what I have come up with so far. Games tend to be much quicker at level 70 anyways, so I figured if it can be done at level 85, why not at level 70?

Wowhead Profiler

Should be 3660.4 AP.

Users who are viewing this thread