Best in Slot Player vs. Player

This links in this post are now non-functional, althoughthe information on professions are useful

This.

I'd suggest waiting till patch before making any new chardevs, anyway. Given how resilience will work ( Or not work. Lol ), might open up a few more options in terms of gemming / enchanting.

Fire Mage PvP 5.4

chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA
some enchants are not 100% correctly

Hmmm, you might want to fix that chardev, or delete it completely.
1st, its not hit capped.
2nd, the gems are crap.
3rd, Power Torrent requires ilevel 300.
4th, Synapse Springs are better than the haste tinker by far.
5th, I'm not sure why you're wearing the Brutal Gladiator's gear. The only reason to use it is for the 4 piece set bonus, which I'm pretty sure its not worth it. The bracers can easily be replaced with the when you can replace them with the tempest bracers for the 2 piece set bonus.
6th, Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei is better than Sunflare, because you can put 81 SP on it.

Hello guys, the info might be outdated, can anybody give me Frost Mage and Disc/Shadow Priets BiS list and stats priority?

1st, its not hit capped.
2nd, the gems are crap.
5th, I'm not sure why you're wearing the Brutal Gladiator's gear. The only reason to use it is for the 4 piece set bonus, which I'm pretty sure its not worth it. The bracers can easily be replaced with the when you can replace them with the tempest bracers for the 2 piece set bonus.
6th, Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei is better than Sunflare, because you can put 81 SP on it.

Been paying attention to the 5.4 changes I see. All of his changes will make sense come then(from current observation at least).

1st, its not hit capped.
2nd, the gems are crap.

1st he is gnom and got 1% hit with dagger (and i dont like staff style :) )
2nd the gems will be double in 5.4
3rd power torrent is usable in 5.4
4th springs give only 90 int not very strong anymore
5th the 4 piece bonus is extremly strong, max stamina, a little bit resi and i like the glove bonus. The t6 2piece bonus is useless the pvp bracer gives little bit better stats
6th yep a staff is little bit better but than i lost many hit, the felmyst staff is better.

here a other chardev with 71 mage
he get self buffed 100% crit, maybe funny xd

not sure which way will be the best for 5.4 it will be hard to get enough HP

Last edited by a moderator:
How? 44.5% + 5% (armor) + 5%(arcane int buff) is ~55%, you're missing 45% still. The mage passive that increases crit on spells does a *1.3 modifier, so at best you're looking at 55*1.3 = 71.5%

Regarding MH/OH, pretty sure the PvP power on the brutal offhand offsets any increased int/SP gains, since it's a very strong stat (especially with those numbers in 5.4)

1st he is gnom and got 1% hit with dagger (and i dont like staff style :) )
2nd the gems will be double in 5.4
3rd power torrent is usable in 5.4
4th springs give only 90 int not very strong anymore
5th the 4 piece bonus is extremly strong, max stamina, a little bit resi and i like the glove bonus. The t6 2piece bonus is useless the pvp bracer gives little bit better stats
6th yep a staff is little bit better but than i lost many hit, the felmyst staff is better.

here a other chardev with 71 mage

not sure which way will be the best for 5.4 it will be hard to get enough HP

Gnomes get expertise with daggers, not hit.

hm i calculated 76,87% without critical mass :/

on lvl 71
20crit = 0,84 % crit
10int = 0,12% crit

hopefully its true :D

100% crit without critical mass makes no sense

Expertise is for melee only.
You're not sure which patch its from, since it was never on a patch.

Not true. Since MoP, expertise gives spell hit. Go try it on live, you'll be surprised. most casters were gemming for expertise/stat in order to match red slots and still cap hit in t14, not really necessary anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread