Best in Slot Player vs. Player

That 70 Blood fc char dev could be improved on so many levels, if you look at my fc gear on armory i have 20500 unbuffed life and 740~ Resi not even full bis, id make one for you but its too much effort.

That 70 Blood fc char dev could be improved on so many levels, if you look at my fc gear on armory i have 20500 unbuffed life and 740~ Resi not even full bis, id make one for you but its too much effort.

You are using two engineering trinkets.

And have 269 resilience.

If this is your contribute, please, do not give us any more.

When it comes to Hexlol's armory, he makes a few good points.

As Narox shows, most healers are going to need alot of resilience due to them be focused alot. The builds will be different for arena + rated battlegrounds, but they still need more resilience than your average player. On that note:

Consider changing to dual 2-set bonuses as Hex has done as an alternate armory. That said, you might want to use the +30 Int Hammer enchant, you gain mana but lose SP. You need the better leg enchant (50 SP, 20 spirit or stam). You might want a bit of spell penetration especially for arena, you may be called upon to Hex often. The cloak enchant will likely be enough. As far as trinkets, I know you won't list his because it's an Eng one. Memento is probably better anyway, but depending on the shaman they might want the Skull or a Battlemaster's trinket. Your resto build is also using PVE helm + shoulder enchants.

Most important things are to change the helm, shoulder, leg + cloak enchants. Beyond that you might want to confer w/ others on 2/2/2 piece and +30 Int to Mace. Last but not least, you need a blue gem to activate the best healer meta (21 Int, Chance to Refund Mana on Cast).

Blood FC:

Legs need enchant, preferably Stamina/Agility. Gloves might be switched for Borderland Fortress Grips for extra resil through gemming but I really don't know. I'm not sure how well pve avoidance stats will translate. You really need a good flag carrier to comment on this, I've seen a multitude of FC DK's, some have a ton of reslience, others have tons of stamina, I think the most I've seen is close to 25k. I'm pretty sure they're better off w/ reslience, up to a point. That said, I'd consider going w/ the BFG's and the equivalent Legs from SWP tradeins. You lose dps stats but gain avoidance stats. Like I said, check w/ an FC DK for confirmation.

BM Hunter Talents:

There's no need for two points in Improved Mend Pet, 1 is more than enough. You need to fill out Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera, it's one the defining talents for BM pvp (4/8s reduction on disengage/deterrence when hit, 2s icd). In order to fill out CT, HC I take my points out of Improved Mend pet (1) and Improved Kill Command (1). The KC point is debatable, you could take it out of alot of places w/out much impact, but the talent is absolutely amazing.

SV Hunter Talents:

Filling out the entire second tier is entirely unneccesary and a waste of talent points. Survival Tactics is great, keep that, Trap Mastery is debatable because Black Arrow is dispellable and doesn't get used often by good SV hunters in PVP unless they know it wont be dispelled. Entrapment is great, but Point of No Escape is not that great. Counter-Attack is also worthless, not only is it a pain in the butt to activate, you already have roots via Entrapment. See below for an explanation on both.

So...

Remove all points from Point of No Escape, 1 point from Trap Mastery. 1 Point from Counter-Attack.

Place 1 point in Mirrored Blades, 3 points in Resourcefullness.

Explanation of PoNE, C-A, M-B, Resource:

PoNE: Point of No Escape isn't that great a talent in PvP because in order to get full efffect out of it, you have to keep your enemy in your ice trap 100% of the time. This simply isn't effective or smart in almost all situations. Against a melee, maybe, but chances are he'll get out and/or you'll forget to kite through it. Even if you do, thats just one situation. In almost any other situation you would want to use Freezing Trap instead and once you hit something in a Freezing Trap, its broken. The point of freezing trap is that it's your only CC outside of Wyvern Sting.

Counter-Attack: This talent has been useless for a long time. Not only does the damage not scale properly at all, it is a pain to actually parry an attack. Maybe when deterrence caused you to dodge/parry attacks it would have been useful, but even then it wasn't great. Now deterrence just causes people to miss you, so you have to actually parry an attack outright in order to activate this attack. Given the fact that you already have great snares (traps, wing clip, conc shot) and multiple roots if specced for Entrapment (2x 4s roots, 24s icd w/ Resourcefulness) there really is no need for a root that you can't rely on whatsoever.

Mirrored Blades: This talent might sound odd, but one point it in is worth your time if you ask me. If you want, you can place somewhere else, but it's quite hilarious to see an arcane mage continue casting during Deterrence and slam himself in the face w/ a 10k Arcane Blast. Keep in mind, w/ 1 point its only a 50% chance, but people do not expect Deterrence to reflect spells.

Resourcefulness: This talent is amazing. It lowers the cool-down of all traps and Black Arrow by 6s. In pvp, the BA effect is quite useless but the traps are a godsend. This allows you to chain your roots together more often and keep people in traps more often. This also means that you can force Lock n Load procs more often due to the talent that causes Ice/Freezing traps to proc LnL. (LnL gives two free signature shots and accounts for all of SV's burst potential)

Last but not least, as far as glyphs go you're much better off with Kill Shot instead of Serpent Sting, the Serpent Sting glyph is no match compared to Kill Shot. You also probably want to use either Trap Launcher or Concussive Shot for a major instead of Freezing Trap. Having someone slowed out of a Freezing trap is nice, but given that you have Concussive Shot and Wing Clip, you're better off w/ Trap Launcher to make firing traps easier or Concussive Shot (this glyph works like the paladin judgement/seal which limits maximum run speed) Essentially, if you glyphed conc shot a rogue while he's sprinting, he'll be going at 50% no matter what for the duration (unless its removed). It works the same w/ mounted people, instead of running @ 200-240%, they're now @ 50%.

the best healer meta (21 Int, Chance to Refund Mana on Cast).

well, in my opinion, this meta isnt worth it, cause you have a chance to refund an average of 300 mana, with a 1 minute cd. Thats fairly nothing, you wont even recognize it. Instead i would use Trenchant earthsiege diamond, which gives 21 int and 10% less stun duration. Especially if youre in deep freeze or kidney, you will be grateful you chose this gem. It save my life couple of times.

but that just depends on youre playstyle i think

Something about flag carrier classes especially for rbg.

You can have 800 resilience and 25k life, it wont prevent a oneshot from a mage, due to the flag carrier debuff. If you want a flag carrier for rbg you have to be leatherworker for the 70 frost resistance bracer enchant. Furthermore, your gear should have atleast 20 Frost resistance cloak enchant, 20 frost resistance helmet enchant.

If you dont have ~200 frost resistance, you will just get blown up

Yeah, I would go for rbg, with alchemy + LW, dwarf paladin 70 frost resist + 20 resist on cloak + 90 from alchemy pot + 70 on bracers + 2 frost resist rings and neck, gives you around 340 frost resist + 720 res.

You are using two engineering trinkets.

And have 269 resilience.

If this is your contribute, please, do not give us any more.

obviously i had logged off in the wrong gear from the time to the response of my post, i will create a char dev with correct enchants and gear.

The meta is most definitely dependant on playstyle. There's a few metas that you could use for healing, I think they each have their benefits and like Narox said it depends on playstyle:

Trenchant Earthsiege - 21 Int, 10% Stun Duration Decrease

Forlorn Skyflare - 21 Int, 10% Silence Duration Decrease

Revitalizing Skyflare - 22 Spirit, 3% Increased Critical Healing Effect

Destructive Skyflare - 25 Crit, 1% Spell Reflect

Ember Skyflare - 21 Int, 2% Max Mana

Of those I'd say your best bets are either Trenchant, Ember maybe Destructive if you really love crit. In reality, you should pick whichever one helps you with what you suffer from most.

1. More DK stuff:

Unstoppable Agressor's Ring > Stormrage Signet Ring when over hit cap

You gain 12 ap and .50 crit as Frost, 28 ap when Pillar of Frost is up, 24 ap if unholy. Unholy can't afford it with that gear due to missing hit rating, but Frost Build, atleast the dual wield build can.

Blackened Naaru Silver > Battlemaster's Trinket for Frost DK's

IMO, This is because Frost already has a decent amount of healing/damage protection and the increase to health won't help that much outside of using Death Pact. On the other hand, the Blackened Naaru gives you a ton more AP, esp as Dual Wield. It averages out to around 150 AP avg for Dual Wield Frost Dk's, then you also get the 52 haste. Unholy probably prefers the Battlemaster's trinket due to having less healing and needing that boost when they Death Pact.

Talents for DK:
  • The Dual Wield talents:

Many DK's will take On a Pale Horse, and Merciless Combat over Rime + 1 point in RPM. This difference is -10 Runic Power Cap, no free Howling Blast every 2nd Obliterate but you gain 30% less duration on all slows, and 12% more damage when it really counts (execute range). Merciless Combat + Rime are interchangeable IMO, OPH is much less so, it helps alot with mobility. That said, I've seen it both ways and it depends on playstyle. It should be noted that as a pure dps stat outside of pvp, Rime is insanely better. It's better for overall damage in PVP as well, but I find merciless combat to give me more when it really matters.

TL;DR: On a Pale Horse > Rime, Rime = Merciless Combat

The glyph used (Howling Blast) is great for Battlegrounds, but it is a lot less useful in arena. In battlegrounds you can use howling blast to spread frost fever to a huge group, but in arena all you really get out of it is not having to apply FF via Chains of Ice, which is a spell you'll probably cast anyway. The Frost Strike glyph is much much better in arena. Basically if you have a string of 160 RP coming in over time, it allows for 5 Frost Strikes instead of 4.

TL:DR; Frost Strike Glyph > Howling Blast Glyph in Arena

The Blood Tap glyph is superior to Horn of Winter. HoW simply makes it easier to up keep which isnt hard at all, Blood Tap allows for a quick rune conversion w/out losing ~2-300 health.

TL;DR: Blood Tap Glyph > Horn of Winter Glyph
  • Unholy Build

Absolutely fine IMO.

• 2H Frost Talents

Big Mis-step here.

There is absolutely no use for Nerves of Cold Steel for a 2H build. You dont get hit rating that applies to Apolyon, and you don't have an off-hand. The three points are being wasted.

I prefer the same talents as above here, but I take RPM in my 2H build.

In other words, -3 Nerves of Cold Steel, +2 RPM, -3 Rime, +2 On a Pale Horse, +2 Merciless Combat.

Feel free to subtract the 2 from Merciless Combat to fill out Rime if you must, I might try the talent out again sometime soon.

Same situation w/ glyphs

Howling Blast = BG glyph, Frost Strike = Arena glyph

Blood Tap > Horn of Winter

Blood Tap can be invaluable especially when you need a rune to strangulate or get that one last blow in.

The dk 2H Isn't hit capped, also many mistakes which i cbf going into.

I'd be glad to make a 2h frost dk chardev tmrow.

great effort! one thing tho the disc priest needs atleast 70spell pen and 4% hit on spells.

If not you will be raging hardcore at those fear/ SW:D misses, not to mention offensive dispell misses.

Mirrored Blades: This talent might sound odd, but one point it in is worth your time if you ask me. If you want, you can place somewhere else, but it's quite hilarious to see an arcane mage continue casting during Deterrence and slam himself in the face w/ a 10k Arcane Blast. Keep in mind, w/ 1 point its only a 50% chance, but people do not expect Deterrence to reflect spells.

70's do not have Deterrence
<

Some major update done, more to come, thank you all for the help given, it's prooving that i was right doing this list having in mind to have the comunity, to build the list.

Yes, I agree that it's a great idea to have the community contribute. Some of the ideas are a bit controversial, but some are widely held. The only problem I have with a BiS list like this is that there are a lot of choices that are valid and none are BiS in every situation, so you kind of have to make a "common BiS" list.

Sorry about the detterence thing, forgot. That said, the rest of the talent changes are still relevant. PoNE isn't great, Resourcefulness is a must have, the rest are variable.

As far as the 2H DK problems mentioned, there aren't any real problems. There are some places you can go more offensive if you want. These items are Unstoppable Agressor's Ring, Dreadboots of the Legion, the 32 AP boot enchant, the 50 AP wrist enchant, the Figurine - Ss Panther trinket, etc. In most of these cases you're trading stamina for attack power or strength. You can go even more offensive with the Red Belt of Battle or Chain of Unleased Rage, but you lose resilience or stamina in those cases too. It's all a matter of how offensive you want to be. As far as the talents go, they're fine as they are now. You could argue that Rime is much better than Merciless Combat or On a Pale Horse, but I believe that's situational and dependant on playstyle.

Here's the armory of a 2H DK, you could modify this for DW too if you were going offensive without losing complete resilience/stamina.

http://chardev.org/?profile=275326

I linked that armory w/ all buffs up and you'll see you have 4k+ AP, ~1500 str, self buffed idling its more like 2900 and 1.1k. With synapse springs added, the buffed stage (you can do it once every 1 min or so) is at about 5k+ AP, 2k strength.

Personally, that armory is a bit too offensive for me. On my dk I simply keep on the boots and ring, I also use a combination of GLG, Figurine, or the Naaru Silver. However, I've seen a few DK's w/ pocket healers go w/ almost all PVE gear and very little resilience. In reality, you're probably best off w/ the Gloves, Legs, Boots + Ring and gemming mostly offensively. I find that when I gem defensively I loose to much damage potential. That's just me though.

Hey there, I'm another one of these people who joined to post
<
(Been lurking since wotlk, never really wanted to post til now)

I've made some changes to your DK flag carrier chardev. Some of the pieces are a pain to obtain (Most notably gloves/helm), but they are obtainable, so should be considered BiS. Proffession perks + flask may add to the amount of resilience on here, but that's basically the best option for stam/resilience. You can drop some of the lower ilevel pieces for more stamina if you prefer, and some resistances if necessary also (The Frozen Eye is a good ring option), but this set sits at ~870 resilience, which is 50% reduction according to chardev.

http://chardev.org/?profile=275619

I'm going to have a look over the other stuff and offer my opinions, my 70 dk has been doing twinked for a while now, and I do my research as best I can. Please feel free to offer your opinions too
<

Also, another trinket option for healers in Alembic of Infernal Power, provides decent resilience and a large amount of regen if you're being attacked, which does help in bgs/some arenas. I didn't notice if you had a section for trinkets or not, but I'll add it anyway.

Hey there, I'm another one of these people who joined to post
<
(Been lurking since wotlk, never really wanted to post til now)

I've made some changes to your DK flag carrier chardev. Some of the pieces are a pain to obtain (Most notably gloves/helm), but they are obtainable, so should be considered BiS. Proffession perks + flask may add to the amount of resilience on here, but that's basically the best option for stam/resilience. You can drop some of the lower ilevel pieces for more stamina if you prefer, and some resistances if necessary also (The Frozen Eye is a good ring option), but this set sits at ~870 resilience, which is 50% reduction according to chardev.

http://chardev.org/?profile=275619

I'm going to have a look over the other stuff and offer my opinions, my 70 dk has been doing twinked for a while now, and I do my research as best I can. Please feel free to offer your opinions too
<

Also, another trinket option for healers in Alembic of Infernal Power, provides decent resilience and a large amount of regen if you're being attacked, which does help in bgs/some arenas. I didn't notice if you had a section for trinkets or not, but I'll add it anyway.

Sweet one, will add it as alternative, altough i doubt the Alembic trinket is worth it for a healer since the procc rate is at 2 % which is really low.

Camael, I see you've copied my DKs gear, gem for gem, except from the one on the gloves which is debatable.

Although personally I prefer vindicators band because it's NOT OBTAINABLE ANYMORE, therefore replace this with http://www.wowhead.c...aggressors-ring.

Also The http://www.wowhead.com/item=37864 Is better than my trinket at the moment, but this one ISN'T OBTAINABLE ANYMORE.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=41121 is debateable, If you have http://www.wowhead.c...ium-battlefists Then replace lightning generator with noise machine OR http://www.wowhead.c...masters-resolve (if you have battlemasters resolve *NOT OBTAINABLE*) - stick a 10 hit/10 str gem in the gloves.

- Note to 2h dks get 70 spell penetration chardev isn't adding up spell pene.

Camael, I see you've copied my DKs gear, gem for gem, except from the one on the gloves which is debatable.

Although personally I prefer vindicators band because it's not obtainable anymore, therefore replace this with http://www.wowhead.c...aggressors-ring.

Also The http://www.wowhead.com/item=37864 Is better than my trinket at the moment, but this one ISN'T OBTAINABLE ANYMORE.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=41121 is debateable, If you have http://www.wowhead.c...ium-battlefists Then replace lightning generator with noise machine OR http://www.wowhead.c...masters-resolve (if you have battlemasters resolve *NOT OBTAINABLE*) - stick a 10 hit/10 str gem in the gloves.

- Note to 2h dks get 70 spell penetration chardev isn't adding up spell pene.

Updated.

Users who are viewing this thread