Best in Slot 24/20 Rogue?

Title says... most of it.

Want to know the best proffs, spec and gear.

Also why? Why is X better than Y?

And finally, 20 or 24, and why?

Head: Stained Shadowcraft Cap
Neck: Scout's Medallion/Sentinel's Medallion
Shoulders: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders (Reason: 1 extra agi than stormshroud and need the hit for this build I am listing)
Cloak: Parachute Cloak - +16 pvp power enchant
Chest: Temple's Vest - +4 Stats enchant
Bracers: Emissary Cuffs of Agility - +9 stamina enchant OR +9 strength enchant (personal preference, whether you want 90hp or 9 attack power)
Gloves: Ashen Gloves OR Toughened Leather Gloves OR Broken Fingers of Hillsbrad - +15 agility enchant
Belt: Vigorous Belt of the Bandit OR Belt of the Raptor (personal preference, Belt of the Raptor for Subtlety spec only IMO)
Legs: Petrolspill Leggings OR Stained Shadowcraft Pants (Petrolspills better for Subtlety spec IMO) - +32 armor (PETROLSPILLS ONLY) OR +16 armor (STAINED SHADOWCRAFT PANTS ONLY)
Boots: Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes - +7 Agility Enchant
Ring 1: Charged Gear of Agility
Ring 2: Charged Gear of Agility
Trinket 1: Inherited Insignia of the Alliance/Horde OR Arena Grand Master OR Inherited Mark of Tyranny
Trinket 2: Arena Grand Master
Main Hand Weapon: Outlaw Sabre OR Venerable Dal'Rends Sacred Charge - +15 Agility enchant
Off Hand Weapon: Bangalash's Claw - +15 Agility Enchant

Currently, I believe Subtlety is better than Assassination in all situations, however Assassination is very fun to play and I do encourage playing it using the Sharpened Scarlet Kris in Off Hand with Pyrium Weapon Chain and Bangalash's Claw with 15 Agility in Main Hand.

The reason you will find most items with more Agility are superior to others in Subtlety is due to Sinister Calling - Spell - World of Warcraft.

Personally, I like 24. Means less hit rating all round which is always a good breather, and 20 isn't exactly maxing your character to it's full potential in a bracket where there is higher, therefore voids the point of twinking. Just my opinion though.

Best professions hands down are Engineering and Skinning both at 225. I do not condone gemming in any way and I can only advise you that others don't either. It IS in violation of the TOS and it can also get you a ban, but people still do it so it is entirely up to you. If you were to come to the decision of gemming, I would drop skinning for 1 Blacksmithing and use 20 PvP power gems.

As far as Talents go, Nightstalker is most superior with the ability to outrun most classes and and to get better positioning in almost every situation. Subterfuge is very fun though so give it a go too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not got a rogue in this bracket, but after a short amount of theorycrafting I've come up with this:

Race: Blood Elf
Spec: Subtlety

Professions: Herbalism, Engineering

Neck: Scout's Medallion
Shoulder: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders
Back: Parachute Cloak - + 16 PvP Power
Chest: Temple's Vest - + 4 Stats
Wrist: Emissary Cuffs of Agility - + 9 Stamina
Hands: Ashen Gloves - + 15 Agility
Waist: Vigorous Belt of the Bandit
Legs: Stained Shadowcraft Pants - + 16 Armor
Feet: Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes - + 8% Movement Speed
Finger: Charged Gear of Agility
Trinket: Arena Grand Master
Trinket: Inherited Insignia of the Horde

Weapon: Outlaw Sabre - + 15 Agility
Weapon: Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge - Pyrium Weapon Chain

I am rather confident that this is 100% BiS, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT: This is for lvl 24 btw

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not got a rogue in this bracket, but after a short amount of theorycrafting I've come up with this:

Race: Blood Elf
Spec: Subtlety

Professions: Herbalism, Engineering

Neck: Scout's Medallion
Shoulder: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders
Back: Parachute Cloak - + 16 PvP Power
Chest: Temple's Vest - + 4 Stats
Wrist: Emissary Cuffs of Agility - + 9 Stamina
Hands: Ashen Gloves - + 15 Agility
Waist: Vigorous Belt of the Bandit
Legs: Stained Shadowcraft Pants - + 16 Armor
Feet: Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes - + 8% Movement Speed
Trinket: Arena Grand Master
Trinket: Inherited Insignia of the Horde

Weapon: Outlaw Sabre - + 15 Agility
Weapon: Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge - Pyrium Weapon Chain

I am rather confident that this is 100% BiS, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT: This is for lvl 24 btw
You're set is nice but with wep chain you wont need those boa shoulders, this is just my opinion but i would not put 16 pvp power on a rogue unless you plan on being in combat alot. Also i can tell you're from 19s because of the boot enchant xD No need for that due to mounts.

You're set is nice but with wep chain you wont need those boa shoulders, this is just my opinion but i would not put 16 pvp power on a rogue unless you plan on being in combat alot. Also i can tell you're from 19s because of the boot enchant xD No need for that due to mounts.

The minor speed is FOR being in combat...

PvP Power vs 12 agi on cloak is a very close call indeed, the PvP Power is a ~6.5% damage increase. The agility gives you a +6.4% AGILITY increase, I'm assuming it's slightly more that just agility that accounts for a rogues damage but this could be an incorrect way to compare them - i don't know rogues enough. The fact of the matter remains though - it's gonna be damn close.

In terms of Shoulders, even with the weapon chain this build does not achieve white hit cap. Compared to Cloaked Shoulderpads you gain 5 stamina and 4 hit, but lose 2 agility. Personally I'd take the stam and hit - but for a pure glass cannon build Cloaked Shoulderpads would be the best yes. Unless you were thinking of a different alternative?

Having hardly played rogue in this bracket, I don't know how important extra movespeed would be in actual combat. I was assuming it would still be very useful in terms of avoiding being kited a little more

I guess it really depends on how you play. You're gear should reflect you're play style in my opinion. I just don't think hit is that important for a 24 rogue. You really shouldn't be on target very long as a rouge so as long as you're attacks are hitting other 24s you should be fine. As for minor speed as a rogue.. i really cant be convinced otherwise unless you aren't speced into Nightstalker; even then i would not recommend it. Just my opinion of coarse i could be wrong :)

Is it possible for you to explain what weapons are best (in whatever situation / strat) and why?
Personally i play subtlety with as much agility as possible since basically all ur dmg is based on attack power, which means i will use blackvenom blade in offhand. As mutilate you blackvenom is questionable since it doesnt do as much damage with mutilate as say one of the heirloom weapons. But then again more agility means more poison damage, which is your main source of dmg as assasination. Regardless you always want bangalash claw in main hand unless you're going for full resilience for arena, where 2x pvp daggers might come into handy. I personally stick to bangalash claw + blackvenom blade since i really like high deadly poison ticks :)

Best professions hands down are Engineering and Skinning both at 225. I do not condone gemming in any way and I can only advise you that others don't either. It IS in violation of the TOS and it can also get you a ban, but people still do it so it is entirely up to you. If you were to come to the decision of gemming, I would drop skinning for 1 Blacksmithing and use 20 PvP power gems.

Why skinning?

Very interesting debates on what is 'BiS' for a 20/24 Rogue in this bracket. Your best in slot set really all depends on your play style;
Enchant Boots - Minor Speed - Spell - World of Warcraft would be preferred if you chose to go - Subterfuge - Spell - World of Warcraft or Shadow Focus - Spell - World of Warcraft over Nightstalker - Spell - World of Warcraft - again, it is all play style dependent.
Personally because my internet is not great I do not often get a good chance to successfully pull off a second Ambush - Spell - World of Warcraft easily, so I would have to choose Nightstalker - Spell - World of Warcraft and Enchant Boots - Greater Agility - Spell - World of Warcraft as Subtlety whereas someone else - like Junoo in this example would prefer to choose; Juns @ Aggramar - Community - World of Warcraft
But hey! That is my own opinion and I do not play 20/24 as a Rogue!

This but change my Mh to boa sword.

Hey, can I ask a few questions on it?

Why the Mark of Tyranny and not an AGM? Why a BoE sword (I presume you mean Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge) over Outlaw Sabre? And what are the best horde alternatives to the chest and gloves? Can't get a faction change any time soon.

Hey, can I ask a few questions on it?

Why the Mark of Tyranny and not an AGM? Why a BoE sword (I presume you mean Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge) over Outlaw Sabre? And what are the best horde alternatives to the chest and gloves? Can't get a faction change any time soon.
I cant get agm and i prefer that trinket cuz the healrrs are awful.
For chest use the boa one and for gloves just use brawler gloves. Yes the venerable sword is bis gives way more crit and toped for a little loss in ap.

Users who are viewing this thread