best hunterr pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pets consist of cunning serpent (stolen from lil :)), and cunning monkey or ferocity cat.

to the op, no particular pet is necessary, every single pet available has its own situation where it would be specifically useful and obviously you as a hunter with two pets won't be able to meet all of those needs, so go with whatever you would feel is best for you. I would also recommend that all of your pets be cunning, Roar of Sacrifice is a very good tool for you and your teammates where ever you are.

Monkey or moth or bee.

10% attack speed> 5% crit imo.
Bird>scorpion imo.
Monkey I just don't like and haven't used much.. I prefer wasp more but I agree monkey should definitely be a top 5 pet

explain 10% attack speed over 5% crit. that literally makes 0 sense.

Helps alot with long casts like Aimed shot or w/e that mage fire spell is or even long heal casts. I just like faster attacks I guess. I use all the pets as my main 5 tho so I agree just i
n a slightly different order

The serpent doesn't give haste, just 10% attack speed bonus.... so it doesn't help healing casts.

In order of awesome sauce:

Crane
Monkey
Moth
Wolf

Any other just isn't necessary. Why would you want a disarm against anything else other than a Hunter as a Hunter? You can peel/CC anything with just those 3. Want buffs? Take a Wolf. 5% crit is certainly better than 10% haste. Haste and all is fine, but the crit is just better.

... For me, it will always be Broken Tooth. That epic cat from way back in vanilla... an attack speed so fast it could single-handedly spell lock a mage into oblivion.

Anyone who ever saw her solo a caster knows for a fact: there was no better hunter pet.

CURSE YOU PET NORMALIZATION!

Helps alot with long casts like Aimed shot or w/e that mage fire spell is or even long heal casts. I just like faster attacks I guess. I use all the pets as my main 5 tho so I agree just in a slightly different order

Serpent buff doesn't give haste and thus doesn't help casters, play more Hunter plz. Aimed shot does barely any damage without critting.

In order of awesome sauce:

Crane
Monkey
Moth
Wolf

Any other just isn't necessary. Why would you want a disarm against anything else other than a Hunter as a Hunter? You can peel/CC anything with just those 3. Want buffs? Take a Wolf. 5% crit is certainly better than 10% haste. Haste and all is fine, but the crit is just better.

Disarm also stops Paladins from using Avenger's Shield, its pretty worthwhile if you can pull it off before they use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
serpent's swiftness doesn't give spell haste, so it does zero for any type of caster. hyenas also give the same buff.

Jeez I say one word instead of another and get jumped by like 3 people.. I totally meant attack speed and not haste guyz didn't ya know? I still say the serpent is a good top 5 pet along with wolf, moth, monkey, wasp, and dragonhawk

calm!

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't serpent also give a debuff to the target with it's attacks increasing magic dmg to it by 8%? If your team was caster heavy it may be beneficial, and this would also effect arcane shot as well, wouldn't it?

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't serpent also give a debuff to the target with it's attacks increasing magic dmg to it by 8%? If your team was caster heavy it may be beneficial, and this would also effect arcane shot as well, wouldn't it?

you're mistaken :p serpent/hyena only give 10% ATTACK SPEED (happy e1? >.< )

Dragonhawk is what you were talking about. I THINK in game it's only 5% now with MoP but iono petopia maybe right. It does effect arcane and serpent sting

i dont think you can name a "best" pet. there's always gonna be a time you wish you had the other pet active.

Ravage - Spell - World of Warcraft 4% buff on an ambush for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread