best hunterr pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaXiCaB

Legend
hey guy what is best hunter pet

i see bat is good with its stun, (probably best)

disarm is buffed now its akin to warriors disarm/rogue dismantle since it takes away their shield/both rogue wep yup

i want high dps too i spec my ferocity but i want high dps

plz answer this i am getting ready to do bgs again and i dont want to bring my team down

I prefer wasp to bat for pugging, just because it's on a shorter cooldown. I find the gap closers we have in cunning spec + kill command make the 20 yard range of bats fairly negligible compared to Cata. However, I usually run moth/spider. Some people prefer birds and scorpids over spiders... but I don't xP. I find spider just impairs more classes in more situations and allows your team to get on your target and burst them down, rather than just disabling them from attacking. Occasionally I'll run wolf, but snakes are good too... I prefer wolf as they'll also buff your healers' crit, whereas serpents only buff attack speed. Monkey is good for premades and arenas with good communication, cranes are better if you have access to them as a panda. For arenas, though, you'll have an idea of what you're up against and you'll be able to cater your pet selection to it.

Cheers, and happy hunting.

edit: should be noted that spider's root is a magic debuff and can be dispelled. This is why sometimes I go wasp.

Maybe I'm just a bug catcher.
bugtrainerfemalemq2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Panda Hunters can get a crane if they do so before leaving the starting area. It's just like the monkey except for no cast time. Personally I prefer moths. If you want a good pet for team buffs then consider a serpent for 10% haste.

I honestly don't think any hunters are monks... at least not any I've seen. Maybe it's because starters can't roll monks...

I'm sure he meant Panda and not Monk which is why I clarified in my last response. Moth has definitely been more useful than monkey for me in BGs due to it being instant cast and not interrupted by damage.

Any pet with clench or snatch ability (scorpid or bird of prey) in tank spec.
Need stun - roll bm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Pandaren, and I use a crane. My secondary is a monkey. If I weren't Pandaren, monkey would be my primary. This is largely a matter of opinion, but I side with those that see the hunter's role in MoP as being CC/peeling first and foremost.

Doing the math; conc shot, scatter shot, intimidation, lullaby, quaking palm, and narrow escape, I have six different ways to CC someone, incl roots, stuns, slows, and sleeps.

let me say what i think

Problem with the bee(or wasp)
well,1st off,it has to be in melee range.And we dont want that, we want the fastest possible way to deliver the stun.2nd off,its "sting" is considered a magic attack so it can cleansed right off by an attentive healer..when i see those things coming i tell my healer in vent to get ready to cleanse;(i dont know what school the bat stun falls into but it sure cannot be cleansed)

The moth is useless due to restoration druids. Their tree simply cannot be locked(can rejuv be locked?not sure), So the ONLY thing you can do is stun. Sure,against a hpal or a shaman it might have some devastating effects but not against druids thats for sure

I already have wolf/hyena so umm yea

to me monkey is useless since,i usually go for healers anyways. The spider is bad as well since Narrow escape gives just that,but acts as a scatter shot so get some distance THEN break the webs with damage

Pets you MUST have are as follows.

Monkey
Wolf
Moth
Scorpion
Crane if eligible

The rest are very situational and shouldn't be picked. Since you have access to the stable master, get duplicates of the pets I listed. They all should be specced into I believe Ferocity (the one that gives bullheaded, dash, and roar of sacrifice.

Pets you MUST have are as follows.

Monkey
Wolf
Moth
Scorpion
Crane if eligible

The rest are very situational and shouldn't be picked. Since you have access to the stable master, get duplicates of the pets I listed. They all should be specced into I believe Ferocity (the one that gives bullheaded, dash, and roar of sacrifice.

10% attack speed> 5% crit imo.
Bird>scorpion imo.
Monkey I just don't like and haven't used much.. I prefer wasp more but I agree monkey should definitely be a top 5 pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread