Best Caster Spec right now / caster tier list

djfistingodx

Veteran
For arenas mainly, in what order would you place different classes and individual specs

Im counting hunter as a ranged so theyre obviously top but whats 2nd best and whats complete trash?

lmk :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't count a class that has a spec with one single castable skill as a caster. Is Warrior a caster because it has access to Shattering Throw?

Anyways, I would say Holy Paladin, Shadow Priest and Arcane Mage are very strong contenders for top tier casters. Destruction Warlock is also very strong due to Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire. Affliction Warlock and Frost Mage are very scary in the hands of good players too.

Arcane and Destro are probably the strongest.
2nd tier is probably spriest, frost, aff, ele shaman.
3rd is boomkin, demo, fire mage

I think everything is playable.
Balance is better than most of the specs in your 2nd tier and it's not even comparable to demo or fire.

idk why boomies are getting such a bad rap these days, they seem really good at least to me.
idk there prickling thorns talent deals 400 damage a tick for my boomkin and my sp is garbage. They can also be a pretty strong off healer withprotector of the grove if your team is short on heals.

Seems like you can be really useful in teamfights/I have gotten some decent starsurges idk.

I rarely ever see affliction though which is a shame, UA can cover things like paladin stun which would really make me think twice about dispelling. Also yeah arcane is super strong def the king of casters atm, also super easy to play.

Also what do you guys think about balance druids talents? like idk how to feel about them ( the non pvp talents).

For arenas mainly, in what order would you place different classes and individual specs

Im counting hunter as a ranged so theyre obviously top but whats 2nd best and whats complete trash?

lmk :)
the best arena 3s team is hunter hpal and ele sham. Best caster 1v1 is ele sham best class in the game is ele sham

Users who are viewing this thread