Beginners Guide to PvP!!

Saysapped - a very simple add on that says "Sapped" when you are sapped.

If people are actually new to keybindings they should go all the way. Use esdf movement. Shift/Control/Alt modifier macros are unnecessary in this bracket. Its faster and better (ui response times) to just have proper bindings on all action bars.

I.E., if you are using 'r' as counterspell and 'shift+r' as arcane torrent and "'ctrl+r' as rough copper bomb. You can use 1 action button with a "complex" macro, or you can use 3 different action buttons all bound appropriately.

Bartender is an easy way to do this, but I prefer setting blizzard ui keybindings. Its more of a pain to set up, but then it is standard across your account and not tied to an addon.

"/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] spellName" and "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] spellName" macros are very useful.

As far as camera goes. Your camera should never be looking at what you are doing. Always look to the next action/target/cc/etc.

There is also a strategy for bindings. Make sure you can easily reach to buttons you need while moving. You may occasionally see a player strafing a certain direction while casting/using certain abilities. This, besides shadowing intention, gives you an idea about their bad keybind layout. Absolutely critical binds are well placed as mousebinds.

A few focus macros follow below.

Mouseover Focus

Code:
/focus [@mouseover]

Switch Focus and Target

Code:
/stopmacro [target=focus,noexists] [noexists]

/target focus

/targetlasttarget

/focus target

/targetlasttarget

A focus example

Code:
#showtooltip

/cast [@focus] Fear

It doesn't affect? Atleast for me it doesn't...

I suppose it depends on where you keep your keyboard.

I like to keep it on my lap, so my right hand naturally goes to right side of keyboard.

With numpad, arrow keys, larger spacing between keygroups, etc.

I find it more difficult to figure out a good keybind system.

And there is no <ALT> key on the right, I don't know if <ALT GR> works the same way..

Hey guys I'm new to TI. I wouldn't say I am a great pvper but I'd say I can hold my own..Anyways, Since us F2P's have so little keybinds, I just have like 2 macros for each toon, and I have them all on my number bad key buttons. I just use wasd and qe as movements.

It seems so simple but "think before you charge" is something that I really need to work on, along with the tunnel vision. I get myself into a completely lazy state of mind when I'm playing wow, so I usually just run foreword and try to burst whatever is out there without thinking, and find myself staring at the pretty glow price on my action bar lol idk why.

I wish I knew more ways I could improve in these areas such as exercises. I guess it'll just take bad habit breaking.

You never mention the best way to set a focus.

I personally rebind Ctrl to Caps Lock. Much more efficient in that position. If you play on a laptop f1-f4 are fairly easy, good locations for buffs/food/ooc abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread