EU+US Beast Master Hunters - Speed issues!

Warlockhomes

Grandfathered
I have some questions for any other BM hunters out there who do fast runs.

I went with Beast Mastery hunter because i thought this would be epic fast, however i am struggling with my DPS when going at a reaaaally fast speed.

Being the solo Twink in the group, my DPS is good, ranging from the 400-600k dps mark but I was running NL last night, on my BM hunter with 2 Ele shamans from this website, and i found that my 3 main abilities for damage, all let me down because my Pets were far to slow....

I am wondering if anyone knows of something i am missing, but when you are literally not stopping in a dungeon and just running past killing stuff as you go, i found then when i go to use my 3 main DPS abilities "kill shot", "Dire Frenzy" and "Multi shot" (to get the beast cleave buff up) I am let down by the ever so annoying message on my screen

"Your pet is out of range" ....... (or something along those lines cant remember exact words now)

we are moving so fast, that if my pet attacks something and i keep moving, when we reach the next pack, and i use an ability, the pets are still catching up from killing the last NPC and i am left standing there with my thumb up my butt. Cobra shot & Multi shot with no benefit to pets AoE then.

Anyone found a way to get around this? or do i literally just end up keeping pets on passive and just spamming Multi Shot until we get to a boss then put pets on assist while we nuke down all the adds? thats a pain in the butt leaving me contributing pretty low DPS throughout the dungeon then =/

I also noticed this only recently. My pets seem to be always too far from me. Sometimes I see them just standing a bit farther from me staring into space even though I started moving.
I also noticed they keep agro from dung bosses without me having to use taunt or anything different.

Sorry I'm getting to this a bit late, was locked out of forum account yesterday.

Firstly I set all my hunter abilities as macro's with "/Petattack" which will cause the pet to attack whoever you are.

Lastly set your pet to "Cunning" as it will give your pet the ability "Boar's Speed" which is a 30% movement speed increase, however you lose some pet damage from "Spiked Collar" which is for "Ferocity" & a Brez for pet.

Edit: forgot to add if you are using a Spirit Beast make sure to turn off their "Spirit Walk" ability as that nerfs movement speed by 50%.

Warlockhomes was with Kazuz and me in NL and he could barely keep up indeed. I don't know much about hunters, though I am curious to what is causing this.

my movement is down to me, im just an idiot when it comes to running about lol :) so you get ahead but my issue is my pets are just so far behind, that i cant benefit from my 3 main damage abilities.... I will try your suggestions Complicacy, is the 30% movement buff perm? or is it an ability with a cooldown though? if it is perm then that might be my solution.

i will also look at putting /petattack macros on my abilities to make pets attach the same ones as me but my fear with that is they will spend just more time moving switching targets than actually attacking, you are underestimating how fast we moving through these dungeons lol!!

I ran a few this morning with Dahomes (i think!) and at the end i literally decided to say screw my artifact weapon and buy the basic Green, and run through as MM build =/ .... they can ditch pet with first talent and gain 18% damage buff and spammable Multi Shot etc. i think it would be a much better spec for keeping up with these stupid Fast Shamans lol!

also paid Faction transfer on my balance druid Boissss! , so i can queue up as tank on that when i run on it :) with my stupid 51% wasted leeeeech lolol

i will also look at putting /petattack macros on my abilities to make pets attach the same ones as me but my fear with that is they will spend just more time moving switching targets than actually attacking, you are underestimating how fast we moving through these dungeons lol!!
Sounds like you're worrying too much about doing dps in between bosses but it really doesn't matter when you're doing fast runs :p

Users who are viewing this thread