Battle Net Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
uppy

Did i ever state i was forging identity cards ?

You are talking about a Bnet name change, which requires that you show identification + documentation that proves you changed your name.

If Joe Schmoe buys an account from Bobby Schmuck, The only way for Joe Schmoe to xfer any of those characters to his own account is by changing Bobby Schmuck's last name to Schmoe. Unless you have REAL documentation showing the name change legally, it's a forgery of documents and of course it's illegal.

You are talking about a Bnet name change, which requires that you show identification + documentation that proves you changed your name.

If Joe Schmoe buys an account from Bobby Schmuck, The only way for Joe Schmoe to xfer any of those characters to his own account is by changing Bobby Schmuck's last name to Schmoe. Unless you have REAL documentation showing the name change legally, it's a forgery of documents and of course it's illegal.

I've changed bnet account names couple times without forging any kind of documantation. In order do change the name you really only need one ID, if you do it right.

I've changed bnet account names couple times without forging any kind of documantation. In order do change the name you really only need one ID, if you do it right.

Blizzard won't change the name on a B.net account if you just give them your ID and tell them you want a name changed. You have to provide documentation showing your name was legally changed.

Which, unless your name was legally changed, you're looking at forged documents.

Now, there are instances where you might have an account that has no real name on it (something cute like a nickname or an obviously made up name) but that isn't the norm and you might have an easier time doing a name change. But those circumstances are probably rare, and will still require more than an ID.

Coming from someone who has done a name change before, it's not easy, even with something like a fake name on an account.

Blizzard won't change the name on a B.net account if you just give them your ID and tell them you want a name changed. You have to provide documentation showing your name was legally changed.

Which, unless your name was legally changed, you're looking at forged documents.

Now, there are instances where you might have an account that has no real name on it (something cute like a nickname or an obviously made up name) but that isn't the norm and you might have an easier time doing a name change. But those circumstances are probably rare, and will still require more than an ID.

Coming from someone who has done a name change before, it's not easy, even with something like a fake name on an account.

My point is, you do not need 2 ID's in order to name change your acc, you just said so yourself. Thus, there is no need to forge documentation and thus there is nothing illigal about it... I have name changed several times with only 1 ID, it's not that easy and takes some time, but it works. So Nes provides a great service, without the need to forge documents and preform any illigal activities.

My question is, why are you even argueing ?

Because the question of legitimacy of selling Bnet name changes needs to be answered.

My point is, you do not need 2 ID's in order to name change your acc, you just said so yourself. Thus, there is no need to forge documentation and thus there is nothing illigal about it... I have name changed several times with only 1 ID, it's not that easy and takes some time, but it works. So Nes provides a great service, without the need to forge documents and preform any illigal activities.

You need two forms of ID + proof that you changed your name. Otherwise they won't do it. Not really sure what the hell you are talking about.

As far as Nesy's service goes, you either legally changed your name, or you didn't. If Blizzard does a name change based on documents that show a name change, but there's no legal documentation to prove it, then how on earth would you think that was legal?

You do realize that ToS are binding, and your Wow account is a legal contract, right? Why else do you think Blizzard takes name changes so seriously?

Just thought I'd point out; I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do this even without forging any documents. In English, I think it's called fraudulent behavior - which means that you intentionally trick a person or a company for your own or someone else's gain, a minor form of freud.

edit: But this of course applies to all form of "tricking a GM", I guess. So basically any twink would be guilty of this :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the question of legitimacy of selling Bnet name changes needs to be answered.

You need two forms of ID + proof that you changed your name. Otherwise they won't do it. Not really sure what the hell you are talking about.

As far as Nesy's service goes, you either legally changed your name, or you didn't. If Blizzard does a name change based on documents that show a name change, but there's no legal documentation to prove it, then how on earth would you think that was legal?

You do realize that ToS are binding, and your Wow account is a legal contract, right? Why else do you think Blizzard takes name changes so seriously?

So the fact that I have changed my bnet names on several accounts with just 1 ID doesn't count? Mkay... Also, you seem to think that the only reason you can have to preform a name change, is if you changed your name IRL. This is incorrect. You can ask for name change because you're giving the account away, because a legal guardian is passing the account to you, because you had a false name on the account. There are noumerous reasons to change your bnet name that are legit in the eyes of Blizzard (look it up). And as I said before, and I will say now: You do not need to use 2 ID's in order to get a name change, so there is no need to make false ID's. Also, I'm sure that there are cases when Nesy is provided with 2 ID's, from say perhaps a seller of an acc and a buyer, and then has to go through the name changing process because the buyer/seller can't do it. You don't know the situation in which the name change is preformed.

Anyways, I feel like I've made my point clear here and either you just don't get it, or I'm not clear enough. I see no reason argueing anymore in Nesy's thread. If you however still feel the need to debate with me, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the fact that I have changed my bnet names on several accounts with just 1 ID doesn't count? Mkay... Also, you seem to think that the only reason you can have to preform a name change, is if you changed your name IRL. This is incorrect. You can ask for name change because you're giving the account away, because a legal guardian is passing the account to you, because you had a false name on the account. There are noumerous reasons to change your bnet name that are legit in the eyes of Blizzard (look it up). And as I said before, and I will say now: You do not need to use 2 ID's in order to get a name change, so there is no need to make false ID's. Also, I'm sure that there are cases when Nesy is provided with 2 ID's, from say perhaps a seller of an acc and a buyer, and then has to go through the name changing process because the buyer/seller can't do it. You don't know the situation in which the name change is preformed.

Anyways, I feel like I've made my point clear here and either you just don't get it, or I'm not clear enough. I see no reason argueing anymore in Nesy's thread. If you however still feel the need to debate with me, feel free to PM me.

I think you're confused as hell.

1. This is being discussed on the auction house section of TI, where people buy sell their accounts to each other. The ENTIRE PREMISE of offering such a service is to get names changed under circumstances where they aren't normally able to be changed. That's why the question about legitimacy was asked.

2. Even if we weren't talking about people selling accounts, why the fuck would you pay someone $80 to do something you can easily do for free?

I think you're confused as hell.

1. This is being discussed on the auction house section of TI, where people buy sell their accounts to each other. The ENTIRE PREMISE of offering such a service is to get names changed under circumstances where they aren't normally able to be changed. That's why the question about legitimacy was asked.

2. Even if we weren't talking about people selling accounts, why the fuck would you pay someone $80 to do something you can easily do for free?

Wether someone pays that amount yes or no, is not of your or my concern. Furthermore, you said that in order to change the name, you would need to forge documents. Only thing I said was, no you don't need to, and you don't need 2 ID cards. You disputed what I said, and now you're saying I'm confused, well now I am. No idea what your point is here.

I want to quote Dramatized here on legitimacy:
Just thought I'd point out; I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do this even without forging any documents. In English, I think it's called fraudulent behavior - which means that you intentionally trick a person or a company for your own or someone else's gain, a minor form of freud.

edit: But this of course applies to all form of "tricking a GM", I guess. So basically any twink would be guilty of this :3

Does this answer your question on legitimacy?

Wether someone pays that amount yes or no, is not of your or my concern. Furthermore, you said that in order to change the name, you would need to forge documents. Only thing I said was, no you don't need to, and you don't need 2 ID cards. You disputed what I said, and now you're saying I'm confused, well now I am. No idea what your point is here.

The context of the discussion is, and always has been, in regards to buying/selling accounts. My contribution has always been in that context (yes, you need multiple IDs and proof of name change), and always will be, since that's the most useful contribution to this thread.

I'm sorry that you were confused.

Does this answer your question on legitimacy?

Except I'm the one answering the question: Yes, it's illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread