EU+US Basic Rogue Guide.

I'm really curious how they determined the stats and total damage for each weapon though. I'm assuming it was mostly theory-crafting? But how would you factor crippling poison procs when weighing stat gains. A difference of 0.1 second could mean the escape of an efc. Would you not consider this more important than damage?

I'm really curious how they determined the stats and total damage for each weapon though. I'm assuming it was mostly theory-crafting? But how would you factor crippling poison procs when weighing stat gains. A difference of 0.1 second could mean the escape of an efc. Would you not consider this more important than damage?
I thought we found that 1 agi > .1 atk speed

I thought we found that 1 agi > .1 atk speed

Sentinals / Scouts Blade > Shadowfang

I'd even go as far to say:

Talon of Vultros > Shadowfang

But I don't think that's what the spreadsheet said.

Sentinals / Scouts Blade > Shadowfang

I'd even go as far to say:

Talon of Vultros > Shadowfang

But I don't think that's what the spreadsheet said.

In the archived twinkinfo rogue weapon thread we came to the conclusion from what I understood that.

sfang - goblin
sfang - sfang
sfang - thiefs
sfang - wsg / talon

That might be completly wrong, i'll keep on digging.

This guide is amazing! :0

thanks man.

Last edited:
Mostly because i don't wanna give up the versatility, i'd switch out a 1.05/1.35% increased dmg for a bubble that can be purged and has a CD on 15 min.

You should only pop AGM if you are dotted, and out of combat. I highly doubt the bubble will be purged if you stealth as soon as you pop it (unless the enemy shaman is spamming purge which is highly unlikely)

1% vers is nothing compared to the utility that a bubble + restealth gives

Also, once you pop AGM, you can switch to your 1% vers trinket for 15 minutes.

That's why assn is much more reliable in wsg wargamed. Their overall dmg is only slightly lower but they have higher poison procs and more of their dmg is based off magic dmg. Great for taking down high armor enemies. The poison proc is very notable, a druid must get extremely lucky to get out of range after i open. They need to displaced or hard cast root on me without kicking. Since mut hits twice and envenom increases your poison proc you keep them for when efc tries to shift your current crip. Very easy to do

That's why assn is much more reliable in wsg wargamed. Their overall dmg is only slightly lower but they have higher poison procs and more of their dmg is based off magic dmg. Great for taking down high armor enemies. The poison proc is very notable, a druid must get extremely lucky to get out of range after i open. They need to displaced or hard cast root on me without kicking. Since mut hits twice and envenom increases your poison proc you keep them for when efc tries to shift your current crip. Very easy to do
"slightly" less damage...

Faster OH gets you back on your MH which does all your damage.

Obviously makes sense, but I'm assuming that this can only be true to a small extent especially when higher agi/DPS options are available.

If someone has scaled SF proc I'll like a new chart, I think that was all I was waiting on.

Tooltip says 44 for scaled SF proc.

"slightly" less damage...
it is slightly less dmg tho? i hope u can agree that a 2-3 second opener is fair to count as the appealing point of which spec a rog should choose. Reason being in wsg wargames if ur opening target isnt dead after 2-3 seconds he generally will survive. So lets assume each rog will get an ambush and mut / sinister strike off and 1 autoattack each. which is being generous to combat spec. Lets also put 5 ele force procs in that time. as well as 1 auto attack for mh and oh. and 3 deadly poison procs. I used 192 ap for assn and in the same gear but sf mh, i got 288 ap for combat. If u want i can give u every number for each move, i have it written down. The overall result is actually 2665 dmg for assn and 2595 dmg for combat. Again thats including all i said: ambush, 1 auto attack mh and oh, 3 poison procs, 5 ele procs, 1 mut / ss. At higher Attack powers the dmg diff only grows greated

Where did u get ur info that combat was better? once they get a revealing strike and evis off they can do a little more dmg but that requires combo points before hand and still would take 5 seconds at least on sitting on a target. Most of ur evis gets absorbed by armor and only ends up being 200-300 more than envenom 5 cp but assn doesnt even need to use a revealing strike before that and the dmg before hand is generally more important. in addition, the first point i made that an assn rogue open on a rdruid fc almost always causes a displacer compared to a combat open which the efc can just kite thru shifting 2 times or so

Last edited:
You should only pop AGM if you are dotted, and out of combat. I highly doubt the bubble will be purged if you stealth as soon as you pop it (unless the enemy shaman is spamming purge which is highly unlikely)

1% vers is nothing compared to the utility that a bubble + restealth gives

Also, once you pop AGM, you can switch to your 1% vers trinket for 15 minutes.

That's compairing the vers against the bubble you're not mentioning that touch of the void does insane ammounts of dmg and that Defending Champion is 10% increased hp. I'm not arguing against that AGM is worth having it's just I rather have the vers for glass overall.

That's compairing the vers against the bubble you're not mentioning that touch of the void does insane ammounts of dmg and that Defending Champion is 10% increased hp. I'm not arguing against that AGM is worth having it's just I rather have the vers for glass overall.
Touch of the Void is a horrible trinket. Sure, it has some decent damage, but the I feel like the trinket does more harm than good for a stealth class. The reason being, as long as those tenticles are attacking something, you will be in combat, therefore being unable to stealth for 20+ seconds isn't very useful.

Also defending champion doesn't heal you for 10%, rather increases your hp, and its an insignificant amount if you are at like 2.6k hp or whatever amount your glasscannon set is at. The reason AGM is good isn't because of the damage absorbed, but rather because of the ability to stealth while dotted. Also, once you use AGM, you can switch to vers trinket for 15 minutes.

Reactions: Vor
AGM is always better. If it is on cooldown use Returning Champion. If Returning Champion is on cooldown use Defending Champion.

Touch of the Void is a horrible trinket. Sure, it has some decent damage, but the I feel like the trinket does more harm than good for a stealth class. The reason being, as long as those tenticles are attacking something, you will be in combat, therefore being unable to stealth for 20+ seconds isn't very useful.

Also defending champion doesn't heal you for 10%, rather increases your hp, and its an insignificant amount if you are at like 2.6k hp or whatever amount your glasscannon set is at. The reason AGM is good isn't because of the damage absorbed, but rather because of the ability to stealth while dotted. Also, once you use AGM, you can switch to vers trinket for 15 minutes.

To make this obviously clear for your yapah. AGM IS BETTER AND I AGREE WITH THAT.

Making this easier and honestly because I cba arguing about AGM.. i've added AGM in the guide.

In response to your "doesn't heal you bs" I quote
Defending Champion is 10% increased hp

Having a personal opinion about something as moot as trinkets is asking for to much lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread