Assasin's Blade BiS ?!?!?

Kaorinite said:
I think I need some advice then.

Out of all of the daggers available, which are ultimately BiS? [item]Sentinel's Blade[/item] and [item]Balanced Heartseeker[/item]?

At the moment I'm running SB and [item]Sharpened Scarlet Kris[/item] (with [item]Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders[/item]) for the sake of more Resilience versus losing some +hit rating. Would I also be better off just using the [item]Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders[/item] and ditching my fast off-hand?

Sentinel's is BiS for MH, it has the highest topend. AP is normalized for specials so look for the highest topend number, not weapon speed. Impish may have the same topend as sentinels, but I think it's lowend is lower, a quick wowhead search could confirm this.

As for using resil BoAs, burst is really high in 19s and you will honestly never notice the difference from the slight additional amount of resil, that's why most rogues go stained shadowcraft but the choice is yours. Since 19s only have instant poison which is a ppm, having a fast or slow offhand really doesn't matter. Most rogues prefer slow OH to get the biggest white hit after the opener as possible.

If I were to make a backstab rogue my weapon choice would be. WSG dagger MH and SF OH, without an SF I would use BoA mace.

Edit: Just hit up wowhead, Impish has the same lowend and one more topend than the WSG dagger, so use that if you can, if you're unwilling to faction for it (understandable) then use the WSG dagger.

Rivfader said:
Sentinel's is BiS for MH, it has the highest topend. AP is normalized for specials so look for the highest topend number, not weapon speed. Impish may have the same topend as sentinels, but I think it's lowend is lower, a quick wowhead search could confirm this.

As for using resil BoAs, burst is really high in 19s and you will honestly never notice the difference from the slight additional amount of resil, that's why most rogues go stained shadowcraft but the choice is yours. Since 19s only have instant poison which is a ppm, having a fast or slow offhand really doesn't matter. Most rogues prefer slow OH to get the biggest white hit after the opener as possible.

If I were to make a backstab rogue my weapon choice would be. WSG dagger MH and SF OH, without an SF I would use BoA mace.

Edit: Just hit up wowhead, Impish has the same lowend and one more topend than the WSG dagger, so use that if you can, if you're unwilling to faction for it (understandable) then use the WSG dagger.

Great! Thank you.

Afrodizia said:
So Sentinel daggerr MH + Dissector OH ? Could that beat dual SF rogues.

if you're good with it.

i outplay duel sword/mace rogues all the time. just practice your movements and you can always get their back when you need it there are probably 5% of players left in this terrible bracket that know how to back strafe.

-keep thistle tea in your bag and max out herbalism, it helps a lot.

-don't open with with sap if you don't have to, save the dr for pooling energy in gouges.

i own two shadowfangs, i just enjoy dagger play more. it definitely requires more skill to pull off and it's a lot more fun.

edit: i've only seen a few rogues pull if off successfully, all of which have posted in this thread. you should be good to go.

-subvader

Users who are viewing this thread