Arms warrior discussion - BiS glove

Foreman's or Thorbias? Discuss.

TLDR;

Thorbia's, by miles.

I have thorbia's and I don't really use them over skeletal gloves though. 1 Strength for 2 stamina? 2 Attack Power for 20 Health? I've lived while carrying the flag with only 20 health left. 20 health could mean the difference between capping or not capping, healing over dots or dying to dots.

You can't currently get enough expertise on a trial to stack it high enough for it to be effective over Stam/Str.

Expertise is so effective for Agility users because you can combine the expertise from the fang set, foreman's, and a racial weapon expertise bonus to get an effective range of 4-6% Which will bypass dodges on all non-agility users.

Crit would be better for a warrior, because it goes with his kit. Just like I would stack crit on an enhancement shaman, even though higher expertise is attainable on an EN Shaman, crit is just more effective with his kit. I stack expertise on my Hunter, because she does high damage regardless of secondary stats and pretty much items altogether, same thing with my rogue.

That being said, Wild Riding Gloves would even be better than Foreman's Gloves for a warrior.

Expertise sounds good, and it is good, just not in every situation at this level. Avoid fake synergy. That's just all my opinion though. Could be wrong. Hope I am, because it means there's a better way to do things.

Last edited by a moderator:
thorbs

and stre increases damage, 1 stre will give you 1 top end

Last edited by a moderator:
Strength doesn't increase weapon damage.

Attack power does increase weapon dps and, therefore, weapon damage. Every 7 str (14 ap) will increase your weapon dps by 1, so 14 ap would increase high-low weapon damage on a 3.3 spd 2her by 3.3 damage FOR WHITE ATTACKS.

In regards to % weapon damage moves, such as Mortal Strike, it would increase it by the AP coefficient for 2 handers. 0.236(AttackPower)*175%+67 at lvl 20 for Mortal Strike.

_______

The difference between Thorbias and Skeletal is 1 str and 2 stam. (Thorb-4stam10str, Skel-6 stam 9 str)
1 Strength will increase your AP coeffient by 0.472 (1 str = 2 ap; 2*0.236 = 0.472) This means for moves starting just over 200% that are normalized, you should average 1 damage more than you would from Skeletal on that particular ability.

Thorbias will increase your white damage by 0.143*WeaponSpeed over Skeletal Gauntlets. A weapon like BAR would see an increase by 0.143*3.8 = 0.542 Average Damage per Swing.

All this is without including the 25% damage increase from Seasoned Soldier. With the 25% included, MS should break the 1 Damage per Use mark at about 170% Weapon Damage; white damage goes up to 0.678 Damage increase per swing.
________

Keep in mind, crits will double the difference between the two. So you would have to decide whether 20 hp or a slight increase in damage is more beneficial. Or just go by looks.

I like a more crit oriented glass cannon warrior, so I would choose Jennys gloves, but it is mainly preference.

But wild rider is more crit than jennys?

It's preference. Some people prefer Jenny's for the Strength/armor, some prefer Wild Rider's for the stamina.

Attack power does increase weapon dps and, therefore, weapon damage. Every 7 str (14 ap) will increase your weapon dps by 1, so 14 ap would increase high-low weapon damage on a 3.3 spd 2her by 3.3 damage FOR WHITE ATTACKS.

In regards to % weapon damage moves, such as Mortal Strike, it would increase it by the AP coefficient for 2 handers. 0.236(AttackPower)*175%+67 at lvl 20 for Mortal Strike.

_______

The difference between Thorbias and Skeletal is 1 str and 2 stam. (Thorb-4stam10str, Skel-6 stam 9 str)
1 Strength will increase your AP coeffient by 0.472 (1 str = 2 ap; 2*0.236 = 0.472) This means for moves starting just over 200% that are normalized, you should average 1 damage more than you would from Skeletal on that particular ability.

Thorbias will increase your white damage by 0.143*WeaponSpeed over Skeletal Gauntlets. A weapon like BAR would see an increase by 0.143*3.8 = 0.542 Average Damage per Swing.

All this is without including the 25% damage increase from Seasoned Soldier. With the 25% included, MS should break the 1 Damage per Use mark at about 170% Weapon Damage; white damage goes up to 0.678 Damage increase per swing.
________

Keep in mind, crits will double the difference between the two. So you would have to decide whether 20 hp or a slight increase in damage is more beneficial. Or just go by looks.

You just said no, and then wrote a detailed explanation about how it was right. What you said in the first part only applies to autoattacks, strength does not increase weapon dps, just autoattack dps.

You just said no, and then wrote a detailed explanation about how it was right. What you said in the first part only applies to autoattacks, strength does not increase weapon dps, just autoattack dps.

The only difference is that strength's contribution to autoattack weapon damage isn't normalized (scales better on slower weapons). AP(/strength) does increase weapon DPS.

Im tempted to do some tests if I can find a willing rdruid

But im pretty sure full crit will do more dps than full stre, not sure about a balanced set

Users who are viewing this thread