Are F2P Tanks still able to solo dungeons?

Saykon

This is a question that I have since the beginning of the expansion, considering that in Shadowlands my pretty average Prot Paladin was able to solo most dungeons in the game.

I would like to know if that is still possible, since it's one of my favorite things to do with my lvl 20 characters, I'm F2P, and considering making a Prot Paladin or Warrior, so, do you guys think it would be able to solo any dungeon with decent gear? (No Enchants, for example)

PepeLaugh

To be honest, you wont have any problem soloing with almost every class at 20 (I'm not including the classes/specs relying on the SL broken trinket since for all we know it may be fixed and put in line with other trinkets).
With decent gear (ilvl 61 with 1-2 ilvl 81) you can even easily solo on even some dps specs without pets to tank : Arms, Ret, Ele, Enhance, DK's ... the list goes on.
Our toons received massive power creep with ilvl 81 (the equivalent in terms of stats back during SL was gear from WOD raids, requiring level 40!!) but bosses are more or less the same as before.
Also you wont need enchants except maybe the speed ones on boots and back but DoByG explains it incredibly well in his 20's guide which you def should give a read if you haven't already. :)

Prot warr is pretty nuts, its basically infinite Ignore Pain.
Pally is always great with self healing/bubble.

Tank damage overall is some what low (esp single target), when compared to Hunter/Mage.
It's a different play style, instead of 2 hitting each mob you will be pulling an entire wing and AoEing them down. If you like that, it's totally viable.

I'd recommend a tank with a dot so you can keep pulling while they die behind you. Guar is the strongest (Moonfire and Thrash), Warrior has a bleed from Devastate/Revenge, and there are lesser ones like Consecration or Death and Decay. Anything will make quick work of Dungeons with full WF though.

Soloing as a tank is pretty simple, although slow. Maybe there are a couple bosses that pose a problem due to mechanics (Nethecurse third phase comes to mind), but being solo also eliminates many mechanics, like mind control.

Yes, you will have no issues on Prot, either Pali or Warrior. Prot Warrior is an absolute monster even without enchants.

You won’t have too many issues once you have semi-decent gear.
Really?

^________^ I may just have to take a break from my dragon and hop on my F2P, in that case.

Yes sir. Let’s just say I chose a Blood DK which is itself almost immortal because I felt so bad at how powerful Prot Warrior is…… so much utility also for PvP.
gotta-go-my-people-need-me.gif

Yes sir. Let’s just say I chose a Blood DK which is itself almost immortal because I felt so bad at how powerful Prot Warrior is…… so much utility also for PvP.
How did you go for secondaries, Haste/Verse or did you just stack Crit/Verse for max damage since the staying power is not huge issue. Got one at 20 going myself. PvE.

I went Haste / Mastery and decent Vers. Didn’t bother with Crit. I know Mastery sounds odd, it’s not for the Blood Shield which does help, but the extra Attack Power.

Haste is my favourite though as I found with Blood the more Haste, the smaller chance of downtime with Runes & CD’s. Unlike Frost and Unholy, u have much less downtime on Blood.

I went Haste / Mastery and decent Vers. Didn’t bother with Crit. I know Mastery sounds odd, it’s not for the Blood Shield which does help, but the extra Attack Power.

Haste is my favourite though as I found with Blood the more Haste, the smaller chance of downtime with Runes & CD’s. Unlike Frost and Unholy, u have much less downtime on Blood.
People kept saying not to go Mastery.

Guys any thoughts on monk at 20 on a f2p? maybe even with lifesteal if needed i am curently using the ooze trinket and if it dosent proc i just die i have tried MW and BM specs im item lvl 74 now and just dieing and cant kill mobs without the ooze trinket would you recommend re rolling to warrior? say furry spec with lifesteal and a ooze ( traded from another player i know that isnt f2p)

You can buffer yourself quite well if you collect a good Vers set and avoiding any dead stat for your spec. Even non-tank classes can do massive pulls this way. I have a fury warrior with dual lifesteal SoO axes and even though I have a full set of epics now I still just default to my vers+crit set which is about 20 ilvls lower.

Did not see this clearly mentioned on the forums, but having several epic socket TBC dungeon quest rewards (ilvl 87) will unimaginably boost your lvl 20 character. The reason is that SL gems will need a minimum of ilvl 87 to socket and by stacking as many gems as possible your are gaining speed and a very good heal/10 seconds from the special SL gems.

If I had to redo my F2P character I would keep leveling characters to 20 THEN do the tbc dungeon quests for those 2-3 socket epics. If they don't get epics then I delete and do it again. This might seem really "tryhard" but it will make the process of decking your character in full WF+Socket much easier and faster later on. Also, there is no redos on those TBC epics, either you get them or you don't.

Guys any thoughts on monk at 20 on a f2p? maybe even with lifesteal if needed i am curently using the ooze trinket and if it dosent proc i just die i have tried MW and BM specs im item lvl 74 now and just dieing and cant kill mobs without the ooze trinket would you recommend re rolling to warrior? say furry spec with lifesteal and a ooze ( traded from another player i know that isnt f2p)
Well I don't really recommend rerolling if you actually like playing monk, since you have ooze, switch to BM and survive long enough to get ooze to pop, bm has more than enough survivability.
Ww at 20 is a bit squishy. Mw can solo but you have to juggle healing and getting Monastery stacks.

If you do want to reroll, fury is a safer choice when you dual wield Runblade of Rivendare but your damage output is a bit meh since you dont have any good rage spenders at 20.

Arms is more damage, but you are squishier unless you pick the ignore pain+die by the sword talent in place of execute cd+sudden death. However if your Deep Wounds deal alot of damage (from stacking vers/str NOT mastery) you can consider picking Fueled by violence to heal for your dot damage and not sacrifice your damage too much (its also quite handy if you also have the passive heal from rivendare sword).

Well I don't really recommend rerolling if you actually like playing monk, since you have ooze, switch to BM and survive long enough to get ooze to pop, bm has more than enough survivability.
Ww at 20 is a bit squishy. Mw can solo but you have to juggle healing and getting Monastery stacks.

If you do want to reroll, fury is a safer choice when you dual wield Runblade of Rivendare but your damage output is a bit meh since you dont have any good rage spenders at 20.

Arms is more damage, but you are squishier unless you pick the ignore pain+die by the sword talent in place of execute cd+sudden death. However if your Deep Wounds deal alot of damage (from stacking vers/str NOT mastery) you can consider picking Fueled by violence to heal for your dot damage and not sacrifice your damage too much (its also quite handy if you also have the passive heal from rivendare sword).

yeah I heard fury is good so I leveled one to 20 but feel the damage is pathetic, compared to my other classes, I don't know what I am missing but warrior kinda disappointing to me, my favorite 20 is guardian druid now...

Users who are viewing this thread