are daggers the best set up for rogues?

Lythe

OG
i started playing my 70 rogue and and im sub and have daggers but just feel like its lacking i was wondering if sub swords or something was viable or is daggers the way to go?

Sub damage is horrible with daggers even at 85, however, it is lower with other types of weapons. Daggers do much more damage. Subtlety is about setting up with your partner and scoring a kill in a burst window, usually during a dance. If you want more sustained damage and less burst you could try mutilate. They're buffing subtlety so you should see a damage boost next patch.

i just spec'd assassination on off spec so i'll try that out if i can get a BG pop lol. and what kinda buffs are they making to sub?

excorcismdrainsmana said:
Twinking is dead move on to @ 85

Dont listen to this guy. Twinking at 70 is fun and bgs pop often. Daggers are the way to go at 70.

Just make sure you have the slowest possible dagger in your MH, so the dagger of KJ or the 1.8 speed pvp dagger. OH speed doesnt matter so much but I always go for a slow alternate weapon (i.e sword/first/mace/axe) for more bursty damage.

Your sustained damaged will be brutally awful unless you get lucky and manage to backstab all the time; however, you burst should be deadly especially against casters if you weave kidney with a garrote. Always pair ambush with shadowstep if possible for the 30% damage bonus, especially when your going for a kill (prep resets the CD).

Shard of Azzinoth is realy epic, the pets won't keep u in combat but they will prevent ur opponent from drinking ;)

Gihipoxu said:
Shard of Azzinoth is realy epic, the pets won't keep u in combat but they will prevent ur opponent from drinking ;)

They are bad for pvp considering the pets follow you if you vanish pretty much telling the enemy where you are.

Most rogues i see thise days do insane dmg, this is done with a combo of Dagger mainhand and Sword(or alike) in offhand. Then they roll a propper Sub spec and go ambush ppl for about 8k dmg( if u meet anyone with low resi that is)

Vocalz said:
They are bad for pvp considering the pets follow you if you vanish pretty much telling the enemy where you are.

Played rogue rogue 1.5 years ago on 70, they just kept on their target when one of us vannished :/

You're going to want a fast offhand. The type of weapon doesn't matter at all unless you have a racial bonus that boosts expertise. Crippling poison is usually on your offhand (so you can shiv it) so the faster the weapon is, the easier it is to keep it applied.

if youre using shiv to keep crippling applied then speed doesnt matter. go faster if you dont wanna bother with shiv imo

With a fast offhand, crippling stays applied. Shiv is still useful the moment druids shift and some other random things that happen

2 swords are still viable for 70 subtelty :>

just clonk the shit out of things ^^ utilize cs, ks, bleeds, spam abuse vanish and reopeners. still fun, then again i guess opening with a fat crit is also fun : /

Delphinium said:

Delphinium 4 By delphinium - World of Warcraft Movies

just clonk the shit out of things ^^ utilize cs, ks, bleeds, spam abuse vanish and reopeners. still fun, then again i guess opening with a fat crit is also fun : /

There is no advantage to subtlety with swords. You still do all the above. The difference is this: ambush and backstab do much more damage with daggers and I hemo does more damage with swords.

If you are going to be playing Sublety, use an 1.80 MH, 1.80 OH set. Mutilate is 1.80 MH, 1.40 OH. NEVER use swords as sublety, unless you have warglaives as the haste proc makes up for it, and they look amazing. The reason you are doing low damage could be your spec, rotation, or gear. Backstab should be your main spam as Sub, and gem full +20 agility, for your meta use +10 agility + 10 crit yellow gems.

Delphinium said:

Delphinium 4 By delphinium - World of Warcraft Movies

Ur movie made me sad, showing some easy 12k hp 100 resi games gives 70 pvp a bad name :/

Rysha said:
If you are going to be playing Sublety, use an 1.80 MH, 1.80 OH set. Mutilate is 1.80 MH, 1.40 OH. NEVER use swords as sublety, unless you have warglaives as the haste proc makes up for it, and they look amazing. The reason you are doing low damage could be your spec, rotation, or gear. Backstab should be your main spam as Sub, and gem full +20 agility, for your meta use +10 agility + 10 crit yellow gems.

Actually muti pvp is 2 1.8 daggers and subl can use a 1.4 oh. Just think logically and u will realise why...

Users who are viewing this thread