AP A gy farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferro

Legend
I know some people care and some don't, but for what it's worth:

Shamqt (Watergun), Acronos, Draco, Khrew, Androxl, Sponsorx.

It's not a QQ thread but you deserve to be called out for gy farming half the game..I personally lost some respect for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
we didn't farm we capped all 3 with 13 mins left if we had farmed we wouldn't have capped all 3...

Hey man. I need those boa's. Gotta win somehow. And if that means containing gy and capping all 3 flags then so be it.

if we had farmed we wouldn't have capped all 3...

I personally have no stake in the matter, so I can hardly muster two crapolas. But that doesn't make a lick of sense. Duo 3 caps and farms ad nauseam... As do most GY farmers.

@Threads aren't allowed so inb4 lock.

On a more OT note; a lot of people like and dislike the idea of "containing" and "controlling" the graveyard rather than "farming" it out of pure spite of the crippled enemy team.

Containing and Controlling a Graveyard enables one team to completely crush the other team, it may be in healers, dps or even gear. It doesn't matter, they use that ability, power and coordinate themselves to lock them down within the place they respawn after death. This allows for a continious feed (technically; this part can be considered farming to some, but isn't to most) to allow and enable swift flag caps, caps of nodes/bases etcetc to ensure a WSG Perfection or an AB Perfection.

The only real thing I can consider "farming" anymore is the deliberate act or actions from one team to another, to literally sit, hold the enemy flag with them at the opposing team's graveyard and just completely curb stomp them until they stop rezzing or until the enemy team hits that precious 1-2 minute mark and needs to cap.

I encountered this premade today. The GY "containment" wasnt an issue really, they capped fairly quickly (I did repick and returned one to spoil some of their fun). It just must be so boring to keep facerolling a bunch of nubs over and over again. No wonder people get bored of this game and quit. Roll with just a partner or something and try a challenge for once.

I encountered this premade today. The GY "containment" wasnt an issue really, they capped fairly quickly (I did repick and returned one to spoil some of their fun). It just must be so boring to keep facerolling a bunch of nubs over and over again. No wonder people get bored of this game and quit. Roll with just a partner or something and try a challenge for once.

or, 6 guys on skype spending some nice wow time laughing our bums off by how fast we can kill stuff :3

FYI the FC you killed was not from AP, but yes still a nice job! :)

Eh, personally I won't play with anyone using this containment strat unless it's a pre-planned 10v10 match, and anyone that straight up farms without capping, regardless of whether or not they control the flag, I'll put on my ignore list for a month (if I remember to take them back off), and same to anyone that camps gy for w/e reason. I just think it's incredibly poor sportsmanship and disrespectful to any player, friend or foe, caught in a group that just can't recover to play competitively. However, in a 10v10 premade v premade a containment strategy is more legit and a team caught in it should be prepared or learn to handle it, and should not take offense to it. Just get yourselves up and dust yourselves off for the next game. :3

The only exception is with 24 shadow priests. Containing them and killing them before they can set up their orbs and burst is exactly what they deserve, and I feel bad for anyone caught in the gy with them. However, getting the objectives done quickly as possible #1 priority.

Now... @threads are really inappropriate. It's an interesting enough topic for debate (though debate around here has some issues of its own) without calling people out. The community should be able to work these things out without breeding unnecessary hate.

Yeah really what do you need to contain if you're 3 capping? I'm sure you could have just as easily won your game without "containing". Like Oniyui said the only people you should be containing are 24s, or douchebags who think "containing" is innocent... just let the outnumbered, undergeared, underpowered, or underskilled players roam free.... tey r my friendz

The way I see it is that I don't care if you want to call it containing or controlling. It's still the same to me.

That's gy farming. And gy farming sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread