Anyone interested in a gold-making video by me?

I won't give you a yes (you needed only one yes). I'll give you the golden buzzer.
I'm thinking if I should convert all my cash to in-game gold. Despite the conversion loss, that might hold purchasing power better than currencies in the next I don't know how many years. :slight_smile: The $7K you lost would probably be as good as toilet paper 10 years from now. This is not financial advice, pls consult a licensed financial adviser.

Guide to getting rich:
Don't tell strangers your secrets.

That being said, this sounds more like an idiotic grind than anything so yeah, hardpass.

Guide to getting rich:
Don't tell strangers your secrets.

That being said, this sounds more like an idiotic grind than anything so yeah, hardpass.
Eh, he's an actuary fellow. I'm sure he's plenty well versed in raking in money, and in a way that most cannot do. :p

Making money the old-fashioned way - by stealing it :monkaW:

speaking of making money, ive got a great investment opportunity for you. See, I've got this bridge in Brooklyn I need to sell...

it is amazing how bitter people can be.

to be honest, even as an actuary, i am just an ant compared to some of the people i know in WoW, even in the twink circle, i am referring to programmers that make close to 300k a year, doctors that can retire in a few years at 30, self-made stock guru with multi million dollar portfolio and 10+ investment properties

heck, even my step brother (who i don't talk to) had a start-up that was bought out by a large company for 4~5 million, he is now the founder of a second start-up that is doing really well and last time my dad brought him up, apparently he also had about 3 million in bitcoin.

do you know how bitter i would be if i had the mentality of people like you?

:KEKW:

I guess if we’re not capitalists in capitalism and/or learn to profit from free markets legally then we are getting smashed. Well, actually some of those markets are not free but that's another topic.

it is pretty easy to differentiate those that are somewhat successful from those who are somewhat unsuccessful.

i think it is painfully obvious when you read through this thread.

Well i am glad folks are having fun in my thread at least :)

glancealot -"it is pretty easy to differentiate those that are somewhat successful from those who are somewhat unsuccessful.

i think it is painfully obvious when you read through this thread."

ALSO:

glancealot - "Warning: you are better off doing any minimum-wage job than trying to make gold in WoW from a $$$ per hour perspective. Case in point: I lost about $7k of real life post-tax income (with my business) due to being too involved with WoW over February/March/April (not only AH but also PvP), so this has been a huge net negative for me from a $$$ perspective"

could not have said it better myself sir

glancealot -"it is pretty easy to differentiate those that are somewhat successful from those who are somewhat unsuccessful.

i think it is painfully obvious when you read through this thread."

ALSO:

glancealot - "Warning: you are better off doing any minimum-wage job than trying to make gold in WoW from a $$$ per hour perspective. Case in point: I lost about $7k of real life post-tax income (with my business) due to being too involved with WoW over February/March/April (not only AH but also PvP), so this has been a huge net negative for me from a $$$ perspective"

could not have said it better myself sir

MFW people take the good intentioned warning (i am just trying to be as transparent as I can, and letting you know that real life money is much easier to make than gold) as ground to put you down.

people in Venezuela make like $15 a day~a week, so if you are from any developed country where the minimum wage is $10+/hour, chances are, any time you spend in WoW is not worthwhile from a gold per hour perspective.

but somehow i can laugh off $7k yet you cannot?

MFW people take the good intentioned warning (i am just trying to be as transparent as I can, and letting you know that real life money is much easier to make than gold) as ground to put you down.

people in Venezuela make like $15 a day~a week, so if you are from any developed country where the minimum wage is $10+/hour, chances are, any time you spend in WoW is not worthwhile from a gold per hour perspective.

but somehow i can laugh off $7k yet you cannot?

my post had nothing to do with laughing off 7k. my post had everything to do with being smart with your money. you could have gotten more bang for your buck. not sure where you got this assumption now that I can't afford to do that. And even if I could afford to do that, I would not. Cause I am not a dumb shit.

my post had nothing to do with laughing off 7k. my post had everything to do with being smart with your money. you could have gotten more bang for your buck. not sure where you got this assumption now that I can't afford to do that. And even if I could afford to do that, I would not. Cause I am not a dumb shit.

by that same token, people who buy LV handbags are stupid with their money because they can get more bang for their buck if they buy a regular handbag and use the saved money for something else. (not that I do it, the most expensive bag i have bought is a $3k Burberry)

also, think about how much money any dedicated F2P could have made in real life if they weren't F2P. I know people that spend literally thousands of hours on their F2P toon to level up different professions over and over. i honestly didn't spend that much time playing the AH, i would say on average 6 full scan/re-list a day. notice how my bankie's played is only 17 days, when 80%+ of that is being idle while I PvP on my other account.

you have to realize that people sometimes do certain things to be happy, not to max their $/hour.

Last edited:
programmers that make close to 300k a year, doctors that can retire in a few years at 30
To be fair, that's not hard at all in the bay area if you are a software engineer for FAANG. But that cost of living is hellish. lol

As for the doctor retiring at 30, that's just ridiculously unlikely - at least in the USA. In the USA, you need 3-4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, and then 3-7 years of residency. Residency pay is anywhere from 50-70k a year during those 3-7 years, and some residents work an average of over 100 hours a week. Add in the fact that the average med school debt is around 250k, and can easily be up to 500k if you include private med school + private undergrad and out of state costs...You're paying off those loans for a while, especially if you're in a lower paying specialty like family med where you generally are looking at between 180-220k after residency without subspecialty.

To be fair, that's not hard at all in the bay area if you are a software engineer for FAANG. But that cost of living is hellish. lol

yup, i have a classmate (junior highschool classmate from back when I was in China) that makes close to $300k a year in a large IT company (not FAANG though). i was one of the top students in my class and his marks sucked, interesting how the table has turned eh?

As for the doctor retiring at 30, that's just ridiculously unlikely - at least in the USA.

private sector Jamaican doctor.

people sometimes do certain things to be happy, not to max their $/hour
Yeah, you need to find a good work/life balance, which on the long term may mean higher average $/hour, than if you just focused on earning higher $/hour all the time and burnt out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread