Another New to Twinking Post

Champloos

Grandfathered
Hi All,

Sorry to create yet another new twinking post but retail is just too boring. I've decided I want to twink until Classic and I'm thinking about arcane mage but I have a few questions. What would be the most active bracket? I understand what a f2p is, but what's a vet? I know I'm not supposed to turn in quests/open pvp crates or satchels until max level for upgrades but how can I get pvp crates if the ques are dead?

Thanks in advance for any help!

What's a vet? Simply stated, it's an account that used to have game time but no longer does. You'll be allowed to play but you'll do so under starter account restrictions (with some small exceptions). People like vets because it gives them a chance to get fully enchanted before letting their sub lapse.

If you make a level 20 twink on your current account, fully deck it out and then unsubscribe, you'll be a vet.

The good news is, ques still pop for vets because they are still considered "XP on". So you'll get your BG crates just like normal.

This is a really simplistic but I hope it helps

Hmmm okay, well I'm still keeping my account active for end game stuff. Would you recommend 19 or 29? Or is it better to create a new account, let it run out and create a vet?

Hmmm okay, well I'm still keeping my account active for end game stuff. Would you recommend 19 or 29? Or is it better to create a new account, let it run out and create a vet?
19s pop with regularity but not constantly. You'd pretty much be restricted to playing during evening hours, American time. Which is fine if that works for your schedule. But then you have to play 19s and theyre a... special breed.

29s flat out dont pop.

If you're looking for an easy twinking experience to kill time till classic, create a new account, level to twenty, buy a token, gear/enchant it and then let that sub die. Make sure XP gains are on (very important) before the sub runs out and youll be good to go. Know that when you are unsubbed, you will be forced to deal with starter account restrictions. Hit up the veteran subforum here and youll find a very helpful thread of everything to do before your sub runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread