Alliance Rogue: When to stop, 22 or 24?

Lebowski

Legend
Topic. I know you want to learn Gouge so that takes you to at least 22, but I wasn't sure if scaling makes it better to stop then or to level to 24. Also, is Human considered the "best" because of EMFH, or is there another race that's considered better? Thanks and Happy Hallmark Day!

IMO 22 u can get 2x heavy silver rings and i would say go assassination

Also i think u get more health in bgs not for sure cause I've seen f2ps get buff for more health

IMO 22 u can get 2x heavy silver rings and i would say go assassination

They're unique-equipped, so I would only be able to equip one, but that's still okay. Also, do I have to have jewelcrafting to wear it, or can I just buy one off the AH or someone?

You are right they are unique equipped my bad >.< but no they do not require jewel crafting to wear only to make... I usually buy off ah or provide a guild memb the mats:)

Stay 20 unless you manage to get your hands on BvB(if you do, go 21). Gouge is not worth it unless you play in premades - and even then, it's hard to use it perfectly. Benefits of 20: superior scaling, easily obtainable gear (Ring of Precision and Lynx feet are a bit harder tho).
A BIS level 20(Bis level 21 outscales the 24 BIS) has ONE less agility than a BIS level 24(when scaled to 24 in bg's) - the only difference is that you don't need to spend time bleeding out your eyes while farming Gnomeregan.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter - you will bend over people regardless of level.

Scaling is like: armor of the fang 11 agility, engi cloak 10 agility, feet of lynx 10 agiity, RoP 7 agility, Argas 7 agility, naga gloves 8 agility.. and the list goes on.

Stay 20 unless you manage to get your hands on BvB(if you do, go 21). Gouge is not worth it unless you play in premades - and even then, it's hard to use it perfectly. Benefits of 20: superior scaling, easily obtainable gear (Ring of Precision and Lynx feet are a bit harder tho).
A BIS level 20(Bis level 21 outscales the 24 BIS) has ONE less agility than a BIS level 24(when scaled to 24 in bg's) - the only difference is that you don't need to spend time bleeding out your eyes while farming Gnomeregan.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter - you will bend over people regardless of level.

Scaling is like: armor of the fang 11 agility, engi cloak 10 agility, feet of lynx 10 agiity, RoP 7 agility, Argas 7 agility, naga gloves 8 agility.. and the list goes on.

What is BvB? Lol.

Ugh, overwhelming. I'm just going to assume I don't ever get Blackvenom Blade... in that case, would x2 PvE Heirloom daggers with Elemental Force be the best?

Ugh, overwhelming. I'm just going to assume I don't ever get Blackvenom Blade... in that case, would x2 PvE Heirloom daggers with Elemental Force be the best?

You can be certain you won't ever get the Blackvenom Blade. And that's OK.

While I cannot speak for the scaling at level 20 versus 24 I can tell you from experience that play style and skill matters more than BiS. If you do decide to stay at 20 you've got plenty of options for daggers. Wicked Dagger, Doomspike, and Dissector are up for grabs. It depends on if you want to be an agility stacking glass canon or balance surviving with some stamina. And the PvP dagger isn't a bad choice either. When you see how hard this bracket hits you might want a little extra resilience.

Also, at 24 you can get the sick-nasty Bangalash's Claw.

Personally, I rolled to 24 because I wanted the extra interrupt with Gouge and the best dagger I could reasonably get (should have farmed the BvB a long time ago).

Oh, and I strongly recommend rolling Assassination with double Elemental Force. Ambush, Mutilate, Mutilate, if they're still wiggling, Envenom. If they managed to get distance between you, stand there and Throw daggers. I cannot even tell you how many hunters, mages, and druids I've finished off this way. Every hit means EF might proc, including Throw. Now if only Blizzard let us use Throw while moving...

Masseur @ Darkspear - Community - World of Warcraft

You can be certain you won't ever get the Blackvenom Blade. And that's OK.

While I cannot speak for the scaling at level 20 versus 24 I can tell you from experience that play style and skill matters more than BiS. If you do decide to stay at 20 you've got plenty of options for daggers. Wicked Dagger, Doomspike, and Dissector are up for grabs. It depends on if you want to be an agility stacking glass canon or balance surviving with some stamina. And the PvP dagger isn't a bad choice either. When you see how hard this bracket hits you might want a little extra resilience.

Also, at 24 you can get the sick-nasty Bangalash's Claw.

Personally, I rolled to 24 because I wanted the extra interrupt with Gouge and the best dagger I could reasonably get (should have farmed the BvB a long time ago).

Oh, and I strongly recommend rolling Assassination with double Elemental Force. Ambush, Mutilate, Mutilate, if they're still wiggling, Envenom. If they managed to get distance between you, stand there and Throw daggers. I cannot even tell you how many hunters, mages, and druids I've finished off this way. Every hit means EF might proc, including Throw. Now if only Blizzard let us use Throw while moving...

Masseur @ Darkspear - Community - World of Warcraft

I am definitely going Assassination and will be enchanting both daggers with Elemental Force. That being said, everyone seems to take Nightstalker, while I would think Shadow Focus would be better for a much cheaper opener with Ambush followed by Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, etc. Am I wrong in thinking that? Also, you could also Sap someone then open on another target right away because Sap would basically be free.

I am definitely going Assassination and will be enchanting both daggers with Elemental Force. That being said, everyone seems to take Nightstalker, while I would think Shadow Focus would be better for a much cheaper opener with Ambush followed by Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, etc. Am I wrong in thinking that? Also, you could also Sap someone then open on another target right away because Sap would basically be free.

I suppose that's an option, but again it depends on your play style. If it interests you, try it! Cheaper opener, yes. Weaker opener, also yes. And the moment you Sap someone you lose your greatest ability - surprise. I greatly prefer the speedy stealth movement over having a bit more energy to start a battle. It means I can run people down while stealthed and hit them hard as crap before they know what's up.

As for two target sapping, if the person sapped is any good they'll just wait it out seeing they have a friend nearby.

If you do want to try something crazy, I've heard Subterfuge can be good for the glass canon approach (all agility and crit stacking). I heard you can get off two ambush hits, and if that's true and just one of them crit you'll take out most classes (other than stamina stacking tanks) before they can even react.

All in all, seriously don't worry too much about BiS and all that. I don't do math, don't use macros, and have a standard scroll-wheel mouse. Somehow I manage to mostly top the charts in damage, killing blows, honorable kills, and honor points. And I have fun while doing it (I'm usually running around in my Furblog form, just to screw with people).

People say scaling is"great" at 20-23 or sub 24 but in fact it is Insignificant. It is because of the stats from gnomer rings bracers and (since your alliance you can get temple vest which is more crit.).

So the benefits of 24 out weigh the "scaling". Scaling before use to give great buffs for gear but now they do not since i have noticed on my rogue when he was 20-22 he got no stat upgrades except for seal of sylvanas which got a measley 1 stamina boost which would be cancelled out if i get a 5/5 gnomer ring or brawler's gloves which give 8stam / 7 agi.

It is funny to note that when i do see armor in my bags or see it linked i see scaling but when i put it on i get no scaling what so ever.

Just FYI - Ass spec with Ele force will melt a plate wear like a clothie since it ignores armor. All subs rogue should have a set of Ele force weapons for Warrior FCs or when rooted or locked down by a frost Mage to spam throw at FC.

ele force procs 20 rppm (2 Ele force equipped on weapons) and only thing that increases that proc rate is haste or poisons.

Just FYI - Ass spec with Ele force will melt a plate wear like a clothie since it ignores armor. All subs rogue should have a set of Ele force weapons for Warrior FCs or when rooted or locked down by a frost Mage to spam throw at FC.

ele force procs 20 rppm (2 Ele force equipped on weapons) and only thing that increases that proc rate is haste or poisons.

Are you saying Elemental Force ignores armor or Assassination does? Because Subtlety is the one with Find Weakness that ignores their armor. What am I missing here?

Or maybe I'm an idiot and you were saying the poisons from Assassination increase the proc rate of EF, hence it will burn people down.

Or maybe I'm an idiot and you were saying the poisons from Assassination increase the proc rate of EF, hence it will burn people down.

Poisons and EF ignore armor. And since poisons tick, each tick is like another hit, which is another chance for EF to proc.

Users who are viewing this thread