Alliance Rogue: When to stop, 22 or 24?

Poisons and EF ignore armor. And since poisons tick, each tick is like another hit, which is another chance for EF to proc.

Ahhhh, thank you for clearing that up. In fact, thank you to a lot of you that have actually given meaningful input! I'm still curious as to why other people swear Subtlety reigns supreme at this level... I just don't see it. Sounds like an even bigger one trick pony in that if you don't kill your opponent on your opener, you may just be stuck out of stealth not doing all too much. Mutilate at least seems to hit pretty damn hard, with both weapons, and generates more combo pts... albeit at the cost of more energy.

Ahhhh, thank you for clearing that up. In fact, thank you to a lot of you that have actually given meaningful input! I'm still curious as to why other people swear Subtlety reigns supreme at this level... I just don't see it. Sounds like an even bigger one trick pony in that if you don't kill your opponent on your opener, you may just be stuck out of stealth not doing all too much. Mutilate at least seems to hit pretty damn hard, with both weapons, and generates more combo pts... albeit at the cost of more energy.

Sub is for when you get bored of dumping on scrubs with Assassination. But hey, you might as well be a Sicko and roll with Combat Rogue. Also if you plan on going Assassination - don't ever use Ambush, open with mutilate. Also get Thistle tea, with that baby you can instagib anything once every 5min.

I'm still curious as to why other people swear Subtlety reigns supreme at this level... I just don't see it.

Sub is supreme. But let's be honest u could remove 3-4 pieces of gear that aren't weapons n kill anything in 3 secs. Your giving rogues too much credit that skill is needed. In WOD you will be able to ambush from any direction. Lol, Class got even more faceroll.

I'm not impressed with Assassination, I'm going Sub. Nightstalker?

There's several thread's on this question already. Its purely a play style choice since all 3 first tier talents are viable for rogues at this level. You get kind of a 2 for 1 deal with nightstalker, but double ambush is always sexy, and for sub having extra energy for those hemorrhages after your opener is also a very nice choice.

Stay 20 unless you manage to get your hands on BvB(if you do, go 21). Gouge is not worth it unless you play in premades - and even then, it's hard to use it perfectly. Benefits of 20: superior scaling, easily obtainable gear (Ring of Precision and Lynx feet are a bit harder tho).
A BIS level 20(Bis level 21 outscales the 24 BIS) has ONE less agility than a BIS level 24(when scaled to 24 in bg's) - the only difference is that you don't need to spend time bleeding out your eyes while farming Gnomeregan.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter - you will bend over people regardless of level.

Scaling is like: armor of the fang 11 agility, engi cloak 10 agility, feet of lynx 10 agiity, RoP 7 agility, Argas 7 agility, naga gloves 8 agility.. and the list goes on.

A Rogue who can't use/perfect the use of Gouge is no "Rogue" at all, it is highly worth going 22 for Gouge as it can be used in many variables and is NOT "hard to use".

Topic. I know you want to learn Gouge so that takes you to at least 22, but I wasn't sure if scaling makes it better to stop then or to level to 24. Also, is Human considered the "best" because of EMFH, or is there another race that's considered better? Thanks and Happy Hallmark Day!

As for best race, Imo it depends on whether you are stacking Crit, stacking AP or in some cases prefer a Vanish over Mobility, but I strongly suggest Night Elf for Shadowmeld and for a higher base agi rating, otherwise I'd say Worgen for the mobility of Darkflight and the increased Crit rating.

I have a 22 (I'd say 98% BiS) Rogue also, armory link below.

Edit: Missing Grand Fathered +12 Agi Cloak Enchant, BvB and have yet to test the scaling of Ring of Precision.

Until I can get Feet of the Lynx, should I be using Cobrahn's Boots or Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes?

Forget Nelf, pointless race - go Worgen or Gnome (of you really want to be Macho-man, roll with dem female dwarfs). Mobility>>>>>>>night elf racial, since anyone who's worth their salt will apply dot to you anyway (if they can), and the people without dots get dumped on without problems so the racial becomes a bit overkill.

Also don't GO with gouge, honestly it's the biggest mistake ever made - it's not the right bracket, trust me on that one.

Oh and the scaling? Nelf has 2 more agility than worgen at level 24 - that's like nothing, and best part is that thanks to worgens insane base str, you actually still have more ap than a nelf. Oh and don't forget about 1% free crit and sprint....

Seriously, just roll level 20 - the 24s you see now are a thing of the past since most of them were made before scaling was introduced...

9 agi cloak enchant > 8 pvp power

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread