AGM should be BOA

Xanatös said:
Hardly, a carried twink maybe, or a rich one having 2 accounts, bying roundtrips from LP server and back to HP server, gold to pay some 85 etc.

AGM is a symbol and a cheap way of saving yourself in a bad situation. LFH was THE symbol of 19 twinks. Look where it is now...replaced by BoA hats :s

Everything you listed about AGM can be applied to aquiring LFH, especially on PvP servers. AGM makes a twink in every bracket until 49s where there are now quite a few viable options. LFH was only ever relevant to 19s and 10s, I'd hate to see AGM replaced with a BoA.

Xanatös said:
Hardly, a carried twink maybe, or a rich one having 2 accounts, bying roundtrips from LP server and back to HP server, gold to pay some 85 etc.

AGM is a symbol and a cheap way of saving yourself in a bad situation. LFH was THE symbol of 19 twinks. Look where it is now...replaced by BoA hats :s

LFH for life.

OT- I agree. AGM isn't "difficult" to get, it just takes.. ehm, time. (Well, it's difficult depending on the server you're on) I have a twink thats work in progress on a low pop server just for that reason.

devotadin said:
3 in the morning people are still camping it on my server >.> bunch of lvl 85 maxed geared pvp people kinda lame we had like a 15 man battle once i got on my dk lol

Ideally, they should just remove the achievement. I mean seriously...

Therealdeal said:
chest should spawn once or twice every hour IMO

Once every 3 hours. No need to make it easy. Where did it come from the fact, that no one wants to work for their gear anymore?

Inania said:
Ideally, they should just remove the achievement. I mean seriously...

I don't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately.

What I find unessecary is the PvP quest they added in. I lost count of how many times I've lost the chest to someone who doesn't even know about the arena chest, but sees a quest while they fly over the arena or something.

Inania said:
Even if it did spawn once an hour, they still need to do it successfully 12 times against level 85s who are doing it solely for the achievement.

Dude, spend less time complaining and more time doing it. Any changes that blizz makes to anything regarding the AGM would probably just turn out negatively for us in the long run. Suck it up, keep quiet, and take solace in the fact that pretty much all of us have had to deal with this more than once.

AGM should not be BOA.

Furthermore, AGM is EXTREMELY easy to get. I got my last two in three days.

To begin with, if your toon does not have an AGM, it is likely that you are not in a twink guild with which you have built a ton of rep that you are afraid of losing. If this is the case (and your main is not in a level 21 guild or better), join a guild that is at least level 21 temporarily. It is EXTREMELY easy to do, even if you don't have a friend in one. Next, make a few friends (also EXTREMELY easy to do unless you are socially impaired.). Explain to these folks in whispers what you are trying to do, and ask them if they can assist when the time comes, that it will take but a minute, and that you can summon them. Then just be online for every spawn possible, invite to group those that are available (convert to a raid group if you have more than 4 interested), and summon all with Have Group Will Travel. Many times I arrived at spawns with 8+ 85's assisting during peak hours. Alot of folks still love to come for the possible pvp action.

Again, this is how I got my last two in three days. It was alot harder before Have Group. But with a little effort these days this process can be virtually painless.

P.S. Don't forget to thank everyone who helps you profusely upon each chest grab. Being abundantly thankful goes a long way.

Inania said:
I tend to play solo. I don't have a lot of guildies helping me with the AGM. And it's especially hard now that there's an achievement associated with getting it. Now we're competing with 85s who have absolutely no need for the item.

I wouldn't say having tons of e-friends makes a twink!

i have gotten a ton of chests on multiple toons just standing around dead and waiting on the high levels who are fighting over it to be distracted long enough for me to steal it. they get SO MAD. that is my favorite way of getting those lol.

Pheez said:
AGM should not be BOA.

Furthermore, AGM is EXTREMELY easy to get. I got my last two in three days.

To begin with, if your toon does not have an AGM, it is likely that you are not in a twink guild with which you have built a ton of rep that you are afraid of losing. If this is the case (and your main is not in a level 21 guild or better), join a guild that is at least level 21 temporarily. It is EXTREMELY easy to do, even if you don't have a friend in one. Next, make a few friends (also EXTREMELY easy to do unless you are socially impaired.). Explain to these folks in whispers what you are trying to do, and ask them if they can assist when the time comes, that it will take but a minute, and that you can summon them. Then just be online for every spawn possible, invite to group those that are available (convert to a raid group if you have more than 4 interested), and summon all with Have Group Will Travel. Many times I arrived at spawns with 8+ 85's assisting during peak hours. Alot of folks still love to come for the possible pvp action.

Again, this is how I got my last two in three days. It was alot harder before Have Group. But with a little effort these days this process can be virtually painless.

P.S. Don't forget to thank everyone who helps you profusely upon each chest grab. Being abundantly thankful goes a long way.

Let's put it this way, I've been stalked and had my life threatened by "efriends". I don't ever wish to be part of a guild or have "efriends" again. Really, no offense but fvck off about your "socially impaired" comment.

I honestly don't see why you people that have it are so against others getting the AGM. I would think you would encourage others to be as geared as you. My BG win rate is 66% (no I don't bail on the BG to beef that up) and I have IRONMAN and other things on many of my toons despite it.

Fizzfizz said:
i have gotten a ton of chests on multiple toons just standing around dead and waiting on the high levels who are fighting over it to be distracted long enough for me to steal it. they get SO MAD. that is my favorite way of getting those lol.

Well, that does depend on the server you're on, now doesn't it. I think the thing that bothers me the most about the AGM is I have to do it on Blizzard's time not my time with no guarantee I'll get it. And the fact that there's an achievement associated with it for 85s means there's more 85s going for it. I think spawning once an hour would not be a bad thing considering an 85 needs 12 to complete the achievements associated with the AGM.

Inania said:
Really, no offense but fvck off about your "socially impaired" comment.

Inania, I'm sorry you took those words the way you did. They were not meant to construe commentary on you personally, or your sociability. My post was meant to be helpful, not hurtful. However you decide to go about obtaining your AGM, you will get there eventually. Alone it will take a little longer. Best of luck.

I don't think it does depend on the server. I have gotten 7 or 8 AGMs on a full server, 1 on a high pop server, 2 on low pop servers. I only had help for about half the chests total. You just have to learn about things like not advertising in general chat, using /who constantly, finding a way to be dead before the chest drops, the value of the element of surprise, always being a few minutes early, etc etc. Half of it is common sense, and half of it is valuable advice from someone who has solo'd many chests on a level 1.

as for what times the chests drop, this is an MMO. if you want games that are tailored to you and you alone and what time works best for you, with a difficulty rating that you decide, i think you are thinking of console games. that sounds harsh or rude kinda but it's true. making the chest drop every hour trivializes it, and they have trivialized almost everything else so no, i don't want this taken away. twinks who don't like it can level out of brackets that need it imo.

all this aside, you can't decide to lump 12 million people into the potential stalker category just because 1 nerdy dude was obsessed with you at some point. you should really reach out to the thousands of totally normal non stalker people on your server who are more than likely happy to help out. not saying this about you, necessarily, but when i see attitudes like this i can't help but think that the person is a narcissist. "i'm so awesome that if anyone else hears my voice or even hangs out with me in a text chat channel for longer than five minutes, they will have no choice but to fall hopelessly in love with me and stalk me to the ends of the earth. i must protect myself from my literal hordes of admirers!" it's always chicks that do that, and being one myself, it bothers me to see. :(

i hope they make it harder to get, i hope blizz puts new gear for us and makes that gear even harder than AGM.

dont be a noob whats the point of twinking if all the gear is easy to get, how do we know who is a good twink or just a noob

you people will have such a greater respect for the item if u get it the hard way instead of bitch and complain on the forums

It's only a matter of time till blizzard makes it BoA or something that is BoA better than AGM and twinks loose their final icon. It's ganna suck when the full BoA sets come out. anybody and everybody will be a "twink".

Sigh, oh well.

ganksta said:
It's only a matter of time till blizzard makes it BoA or something that is BoA better than AGM and twinks loose their final icon. It's ganna suck when the full BoA sets come out. anybody and everybody will be a "twink".

Sigh, oh well.

Twinks will still go the extra mile, even when BoAs cover every slot.

Professions, Buffs, Strategies.

EDIT: Enchants.

With the LFH lost to BOA the AGM is the last classic twink item.Leave it as it is .Also ganksta is right,when everything is BOA there will be no point whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread