Affliction Lock?

Eddie

Idc too
Tempted to try out affliction lock. Anyone know of a good set or if it is even viable atm?

[MENTION=21566]fatbellyzz[/MENTION] help this guy out, you are the best lock I know so far ^-^

Tempted to try out affliction lock. Anyone know of a good set or if it is even viable atm?

Some people will tell you to stack haste. don't do it, you die so fast without the stam, since you have no slows and no way to get away from melee except for fear, they will target you a lot. So you need a big pool of health to hide behind, and a bit of int.
It isn't as good as the other specs but it can still be enjoyed. To get the most out of it, put dots on as many people as you can for the cleanse silence, fear heals, and fear people attacking ur heals.
also make sure to lash of pain as much as possible otherwise your damage will be crap. And you can always soulburn and insta summon succy for more pet energy.
Make sure to fake cast your fear against anything that can kick, since all of your spells are shadow. And rather than continuing your casting after you land a fear against melee, try get some distance from your opponent.

This is for level 20 btw, so someone else will fill you in if I missed something.

Some people will tell you to stack haste. don't do it, you die so fast without the stam, since you have no slows and no way to get away from melee except for fear, they will target you a lot. So you need a big pool of health to hide behind, and a bit of int.
It isn't as good as the other specs but it can still be enjoyed. To get the most out of it, put dots on as many people as you can for the cleanse silence, fear heals, and fear people attacking ur heals.
also make sure to lash of pain as much as possible otherwise your damage will be crap. And you can always soulburn and insta summon succy for more pet energy.
Make sure to fake cast your fear against anything that can kick, since all of your spells are shadow. And rather than continuing your casting after you land a fear against melee, try get some distance from your opponent.

This is for level 20 btw, so someone else will fill you in if I missed something.

Stacking haste doesn't mean you couldn't stack stam at the same time... High haste gives faster fears, faster drain life (which is very potent now), and some damage to your dots. Don't see a reason why stacking haste would be a bad thing.

I gotcha. Thanks guys!

I'm tempted as well to rolling an Affliction lock, how is their damage and could you compare WOD Aff lock to Cata Aff lock?

Be sure to summon your pet after you join the BG, or your pet will stay at level 20 and won't have abilities like seduction. Don't ask why I know this and how many games it took me to realize it lol.

Perplex

Not at 20, it just isn't that good anymore.

I would argue otherwise
18JbLXs.jpg

It works fine as f2p, so it should work at 29 aswel

Last edited:
I would argue otherwise
18JbLXs.jpg

It works fine as f2p, so it should work at 29 aswel

your team had a bunch of healers and you prob had to dig through 10 pages of ss's of you going 5-10 to find that one xD

your team had a bunch of healers and you prob had to dig through 10 pages of ss's of you going 5-10 to find that one xD

I can't see one healer in that SS, should I see my doctor because of eyesight problems or something?

horde players in that ss with at least 33k healing done - 4
alliance players with same criteria - 1

wonder why the horde lock did well in that one game, not knocking the guy or anything, just saying, warlocks are not viable unless you have IMMENSE support from your team, if youre solo queueing youre not going to go 6-0 with 90k damage regularly on a warlock.. doesnt matter if its 20 or 29

ss is sorted by dmg, obv healers dont show

Then how did Fcx come to the conclusion horde had a bunch of healers in the first place :p

Specs that can heal =/= healers, and you barely ever see someone who is non-healer specced and heals someone but himself in this bracket. And it implies there weren't many healers in the game, since hybrids had to heal that much. But yeah you're right Fcx, you can't really carry a team as a warlock atm, let alone an affliction lock...

Last edited by a moderator:
horde players in that ss with at least 33k healing done - 4
alliance players with same criteria - 1

wonder why the horde lock did well in that one game, not knocking the guy or anything, just saying, warlocks are not viable unless you have IMMENSE support from your team, if youre solo queueing youre not going to go 6-0 with 90k damage regularly on a warlock.. doesnt matter if its 20 or 29

Here is from my 2nd game, only 2 games ive done in wod caus ques.. oh and yea i solo qued, which i almost always do since baldi went afk months ago.

Locks are fine, 20 or 29

sOBfe4Z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread