Addon for making pops happen in all brackets

Atm, it seems like the only bracket where things are constantly happening is 20-24 (because of the F2P accounts).
And lets face it, 20-24 is a pretty dull bracket, not much skill involved, and some classes are also very much op so we see too little variety of classes.

I could make an addon for making stuff happen in more interesting brackets.

What this addon would do, is simply link together all the people thats using the addon (similar to addons like oqueue), and then you would "queue" for whatever xp-off bracket of your liking through this addon.

You can stay online on whatever char you want, you could do arenas on your 90 or random bgs on your 24, while still in the "queue" for lets say 39 and 49 battleground. It would update instantly so you can see how many people on either faction is queued for your bracket.

Whenever there's 10 or more on each faction queuing for your LONG-DEAD XP-OFF BRACKET (lets say 39 f.ex), I will make the addon pop a big fucking square in the middle of your face telling you to log onto your 39 and queue up, because there's atleast 20 other people waiting for just the same thing as you!

There's only one "flaw" with this system as I see it right now, and that's simply that people will ignore the "pops" because they are having fun where they are atm. It might be a big problem, it might be a non existant problem, but who knows before its tested. Also this problem will be minimized the bigger the bracket grows.

To counter it, I guess there could be many ideas implemented (tell me if you got some obvious idea), but my first and simple idea is to make it possible to chat in the addon. That way when you log onto your 39 to queue because you got a pop, you can see who is not queuing for the 39, and just send them a message, or type in a "39 bracket channel". and just ask "yo, we only need you to be a full team of 39's queueing on alliance, when you finished in your 24 bg dude?". or some crap.

Anyone think this sounds like a good idea? I have also though about making it possible to queue for arenas via the addon too, and make a ranking system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atm, it seems like the only bracket where things are constantly happening is 20-24 (because of the F2P accounts).
And lets face it, 20-24 is a pretty dull bracket, not much skill involved, and some classes are also very much op so we see too little variety of classes.

I could make an addon for making stuff happen in more interesting brackets.

What this addon would do, is simply link together all the people thats using the addon (similar to addons like oqueue), and then you would "queue" for whatever xp-off bracket of your liking through this addon.

You can stay online on whatever char you want, you could do arenas on your 90 or random bgs on your 24, while still in the "queue" for lets say 39 and 49 battleground. It would update instantly so you can see how many people on either faction is queued for your bracket.

Whenever there's 10 or more on each faction queuing for your LONG-DEAD XP-OFF BRACKET (lets say 39 f.ex), I will make the addon pop a big fucking square in the middle of your face telling you to log onto your 39 and queue up, because there's atleast 20 other people waiting for just the same thing as you!

There's only one "flaw" with this system as I see it right now, and that's simply that people will ignore the "pops" because they are having fun where they are atm. It might be a big problem, it might be a non existant problem, but who knows before its tested. Also this problem will be minimized the bigger the bracket grows.

To counter it, I guess there could be many ideas implemented (tell me if you got some obvious idea), but my first and simple idea is to make it possible to chat in the addon. That way when you log onto your 39 to queue because you got a pop, you can see who is not queuing for the 39, and just send them a message, or type in a "39 bracket channel". and just ask "yo, we only need you to be a full team of 39's queueing on alliance, when you finished in your 24 bg dude?". or some crap.

Anyone think this sounds like a good idea? I have also though about making it possible to queue for arenas via the addon too, and make a ranking system.
Sounds amazing, but will you be able to chat cross realm?

A simple PAINT sketch of how it could look like. (Obviously wont look like this, just a sketch)

twinkaddon1.jpg
2 things:
regarding the ranking system there was one in the 19 bracket some time ago called Epeen that gave you a rank based on how many skirmishes you had won. There is a f2p mage on Aggramar called Pleya who is working on renewing it. He has spoken to the original creater of the Epeen addon Aelobin and gotten some tips and tricks I think, and it's moving fast forward afaik.

2nd are you sure you will be able to write the AddOn so it will be able to tell people outside of the BG's what the score is and time remaining?

2 things:
regarding the ranking system there was one in the 19 bracket some time ago called Epeen that gave you a rank based on how many skirmishes you had won. There is a f2p mage on Aggramar called Pleya who is working on renewing it. He has spoken to the original creater of the Epeen addon Aelobin and gotten some tips and tricks I think, and it's moving fast forward afaik.

2nd are you sure you will be able to write the AddOn so it will be able to tell people outside of the BG's what the score is and time remaining?

Shouldnt be much trouble any of the things. Addons can send chat messages and get all vital bg info.

I think you should have an add-on that just punches you in the face every time a 30-39 queue pops. Sure it might require some specialized hardware, but you'd want to be the first one queued up just to avoid that punch!

Sounds like a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread