EU+US A new PTR item that allows us to get AP from killing stuff

I'm about 99.99% sure it's going to come from a random vendor on Argus, purchasable with the new version of the Nethershard currency. Think of all the random stuff you can buy from the vendors on the Broken Shore currently with Nethershards.
I bet this is rep locked.

I also want to try other 101 specs / classes, but wouldn't do it without 810 relics, so rip that.
Meh, I do it on half my 101's and it's no big difference tbh. While my Pally/Demo did increase in damage it wasn't by a mile. My DK/Disco who are half upgraded didn't really see much improvement.

Meh, I do it on half my 101's and it's no big difference tbh. While my Pally/Demo did increase in damage it wasn't by a mile. My DK/Disco who are half upgraded didn't really see much improvement.
I would never feel like my toon would ever be "complete" without the relics, I'm very grapeful that my druid has them at least.

I would never feel like my toon would ever be "complete" without the relics, I'm very grapeful that my druid has them at least.

It will never be complete without a lot of things for nearly everyone. Even with both relics, I still would want to have 880+ titanforges with gem slots and leech. Rng has made 'the perfect twink' damn-near impossible. So I don't think anyone should stress it. Especially after the next 1-2 expansions when 101s are less common and your toon is super unique.

It will never be complete without a lot of things for nearly everyone. Even with both relics, I still would want to have 880+ titanforges with gem slots and leech. Rng has made 'the perfect twink' damn-near impossible. So I don't think anyone should stress it. Especially after the next 1-2 expansions when 101s are less common and your toon is super unique.
I'd want 10% leech, the rest speed, and max artifact traits, 880+ is a good ilvl for me as well.

yep dont try for a perfect twink with 101's it will never happen. my goal is 10% leech 80% crit 80% haste 99% mast. over all ilvl 870 would be nice,
to many 101's had a big head start on AP farm when i started my 101, plus i do stupid things like respec my weapon for 39.5k AP.. lol.
so the AP item would be a awesome. change the farm up abit.

yep dont try for a perfect twink with 101's it will never happen. my goal is 10% leech 80% crit 80% haste 99% mast. over all ilvl 870 would be nice,
to many 101's had a big head start on AP farm when i started my 101, plus i do stupid things like respec my weapon for 39.5k AP.. lol.
so the AP item would be a awesome. change the farm up abit.
lol looks like similar stats for your 101 just like your 10 except less versa :)

lol looks like similar stats for your 101 just like your 10 except less versa :)

after playing around with bits of gear today i think with a few more sockets and a high vers with socket ring i can keep
70% crit, 60 haste, 19-20%vers, and 99%mastery.
But will take time to find the right gear and abit of gold.. but can get dam close with the gear i got.

I'm very surprised we haven't seen a stat squish yet. Makes me feel like Blizzard was like, y'all can twink, but you gotta get legion to do so. Probably for people like me who like to play one xpack behind. They got me

If the next stat squish is next expansion then it'll probably just gonna flatten wod into one ilvl - which may be good or bad for 101's.

The first stat squish left MoP gear with a power differential between mogushan vaults gear and SoO gear so would make sense they would do the same for legion if they do go through with a squish for next expansion, so we 101s are probably safe from the woes of stat squish till wow's end days I would think. Anyone who twinked 80 in MoP knows how much it sucks to have your op gear brought down to normal levels

If the next stat squish is next expansion then it'll probably just gonna flatten wod into one ilvl - which may be good or bad for 101's.

The first stat squish left MoP gear with a power differential between mogushan vaults gear and SoO gear so would make sense they would do the same for legion if they do go through with a squish for next expansion, so we 101s are probably safe from the woes of stat squish till wow's end days I would think. Anyone who twinked 80 in MoP knows how much it sucks to have your op gear brought down to normal levels

I think if a stat squish were to come again and they target legion as they did MoP, then 835/840 would be on the low end of the stat squish much like the mogushan vaults was, making 835/840s not much better than mythic HFC. The titanforges would be relatively better, whereas the 970/1000 legendary would be mostly untouched in terms of benifit.

All in all, I'd still keep my 101s as they'd still be superior than anyone who's multiple levels over because of the legion legendary. Plus any potential GF value.

But who knows, they may have an alternative solution rather than constant stat squishes.

I had in mind a concept that the higher lvl someone gets past (let's say) 110, there would be a percentage of stats reduced from that item for the person wearing it until he/she equips something suitable for their level. That way the damage doesn't keep climbing each expansion where it inevitably ends on blizzard's stale-ification of older brackets.

Do we have any hint to weather artifact weapons or ability to get artifact power will be grandfathered in xpack. Or if the BOE legions epics will be? As far as the stat squish goes, I'm sure anyone who saw their stats lower on PTR is jumping to conclusions. This could have been blizzard simply thinking anyone transferring their toon to PTR would likely be 110, and anyone not 110 has stats that are different than live, but only because of a mess up or laziness of blizzard. It goes both ways. This could be a scale down of gear like Rob said. We shall see

Found this yesterday while browsing any new things on wowhead database from the patch. It's not yet clear how or where we can get it and also exactly how it will work. For example, the Boon of the Bloodhunter works in a different way as you'd expect.

I think the AP we would get, is the same as the existing one.

I didn't see any new useable gear coming either.

Users who are viewing this thread