85 BiS (PVP)

If you're fighting pvp geared people and global them, they're not worth mentioning as serious opponents. Lets leave it at, you're setup is very good for the opponents you're facing.

And what exactly is unbalanced about 85? Most matches last longer than an average 90 match despite the burst some classes have (read, mage). There's nothing unbalanced at 85 that you can't gear/spec against. The only unbalance you might encounter is playing a double dps comp in full mop gear (lol) and 1shotting undergeared "twinks" at 1.6k mmr.

You realize you're talking from the perspective as a healer + hybrid comp right? Of course you're going to gem discusting defense, because you have offhealing and massive defensive capabilities, whereas all they have is burst. You have 200k hp on your paladin and 65% resilience. I have the same (if not more) resilience and around 1.5k more spellpower. if you come up against a dk + x melee cleave, you're dying. Popping all your cooldowns just means you end up losing slower, because there isn't much that can counter 60k AP necrotics.

Don't try and talk about your playstyle as if it's the only one there is. Because there are plenty. Double dps with the right classes with next to no resilience besides a pvp trinket will zerg practically any comp just because of how bursty the game is in general, bracket-regardless.

Oh, and just because you have around 2.1kish rating doesn't mean you own the bracket because your bg says #1 . It's not even close to that, and you should know it by now.

You realize you're talking from the perspective as a healer + hybrid comp right? Of course you're going to gem discusting defense, because you have offhealing and massive defensive capabilities, whereas all they have is burst. You have 200k hp on your paladin and 65% resilience. I have the same (if not more) resilience and around 1.5k more spellpower. if you come up against a dk + x melee cleave, you're dying. Popping all your cooldowns just means you end up losing slower, because there isn't much that can counter 60k AP necrotics.

Don't try and talk about your playstyle as if it's the only one there is. Because there are plenty. Double dps with the right classes with next to no resilience besides a pvp trinket will zerg practically any comp just because of how bursty the game is in general, bracket-regardless.

Oh, and just because you have around 2.1kish rating doesn't mean you own the bracket because your bg says #1 . It's not even close to that, and you should know it by now.

If I end up losing to a DK in 2v2, I'd have to hide in shame and consider deleting my character, first of all.
I would be pretty disappointed if my team mate was SO bad at peeling that it took him over 20 seconds to get a DK (lol again) off me (regardless of comp/setup)

The amount of burst at 85 is easily countered, but it involves gearing and adapting your playstyle. I know twink brackets are full with the "Hey, lets slap on higher expansion gear, enchant and gem it, roll a double dps comp and spam buttons untill opponents die" mentality. This "angle" will last you untill you're past the other like-minded twinks and meet serious comps.

Remember that 60% resil will effectively reduce 1/3 of the damage one would have taken at 40% resil and that pvp power is still one of the best stats at 85. It's a no-brainer that at least SOME pieces of pvp gear are better than MoP gear. There's no excuse, ever, to equip full MoP gear to pvp.

However, I'm not telling anyone how to gear/play, and this is just advice. He doesn't have to take it, and more importantly, I don't need advice on giving advice to others from a random guy.

But if you think this is about "playstyles" rather than common sense, this discussion was over 5 posts ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I end up losing to a DK in 2v2, I'd have to hide in shame and consider deleting my character, first of all.
I would be pretty disappointed if my team mate was SO bad at peeling that it took him over 20 seconds to get a DK (lol again) off me (regardless of comp/setup)

The amount of burst at 85 is easily countered, but it involves gearing and adapting your playstyle. I know twink brackets are full with the "Hey, lets slap on higher expansion gear, enchant and gem it, roll a double dps comp and spam buttons untill opponents die" mentality. This "angle" will last you untill you're past the other like-minded twinks and meet serious comps.

Remember that 60% resil will effectively reduce 1/3 of the damage one would have taken at 40% resil and that pvp power is still one of the best stats at 85. It's a no-brainer that at least SOME pieces of pvp gear are better than MoP gear. There's no excuse, ever, to equip full MoP gear to pvp.

However, I'm not telling anyone how to gear/play, and this is just advice. He doesn't have to take it, and more importantly, I don't need advice on giving advice to others from a random guy.

But if you think this is about "playstyles" rather than common sense, this discussion was over 5 posts ago.
2v2 will never be balanced go 3v3 and you will see what happends.

Oh wait, you feel ignored, sorry!

It's not relevant if the burst is on me, I just made a point about resillience. With a decent set of pvp gear, you can reach 60% resil without gemming for it (assuming you don't have BS) along with 20%+ pvp power and other relevant stats. The point is, for nearly all classes, the damage output stays the same overall, and survivability increases by a >lot<. But then again, I'M the one missing the point ;)

And if you're on about nuking my mate while I'm cc'ed by a double melee comp X + DK (Oh really), both his and my setup run with a SP, and in my case you can add a HoP to that disperse, and double cc breaking + mass disp on my part, I would be deeply ashamed to lose to that kind of setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh I hope I'm not interrupting anything important here but uhh here's my hunter, please give me your opinion (also aware of my profs and 2 missing reforges that I just didn't get to yet)

But gear wise do you guys suggest what I have or do you think I should lean towards more MoP PvE gear, so far I'm handling myself well in bg's - that's also all I plan on doing (due to the lack of MoP)

Oh here it is :p

Clinque @ Tichondrius - Community - World of Warcraft

Oh wait, you feel ignored, sorry!

It's not relevant if the burst is on me, I just made a point about resillience. With a decent set of pvp gear, you can reach 60% resil without gemming for it (assuming you don't have BS) along with 20%+ pvp power and other relevant stats. The point is, for nearly all classes, the damage output stays the same overall, and survivability increases by a >lot<. But then again, I'M the one missing the point ;)

And if you're on about nuking my mate while I'm cc'ed by a double melee comp X + DK (Oh really), both his and my setup run with a SP, and in my case you can add a HoP to that disperse, and double cc breaking + mass disp on my part, I would be deeply ashamed to lose to that kind of setup.

That's not what I was talking about with missing the point (it was about someone who plays healer + spriest then says the bracket is fine because they win against everything, I wonder why that is?), but whatever.

Regarding a dk, you really think you're not going to encounter a frost dk who can use NS + icy touch dispel properly? They can burst very quickly and force your trinket/ bubble easily if they spec the un-dispellable stun.

Ah well, have fun in 5.2 I suppose, spriest won't be nearly as incvincible come the flash heal nerf.

That's not what I was talking about with missing the point (it was about someone who plays healer + spriest then says the bracket is fine because they win against everything, I wonder why that is?), but whatever.

Regarding a dk, you really think you're not going to encounter a frost dk who can use NS + icy touch dispel properly? They can burst very quickly and force your trinket/ bubble easily if they spec the un-dispellable stun.

Ah well, have fun in 5.2 I suppose, spriest won't be nearly as incvincible come the flash heal nerf.

Holy pala + SP is something I enjoy playing, but playing [any healer] + [mage] will be just as effective. It's not like we win vs everyone/everything. A good resto shaman with a lock/rogue/mage could beat us. Any healer + any caster/hunter/feral has a good chance tbh, and even double dps comps have a very good shot, >if geared properly, not full mop<.

About the DK's. All the dk's I've met between 1800 and 2.2k mmr and every DK I've ever dueled at 85 had a tough time getting me down at all, all cd's included. They're probably the most underwhelming melee class at this time at 85.

In all the matches I've played with a SP, I think I've saw him flash heal about 10 times in like 300 matches so it won't be a big issue, especially with me finally being able to get BIS. And as I said before, It's a matter of adapting. If we need to, we can play more defensively and adjust spec/gear further. You also might have noticed the new talent change that might help our nuke some more "Solace & Insanity". Not to mention survivability on my side "Eternal Flame's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast".

But then again, thanks for the advice

Uhh I hope I'm not interrupting anything important here but uhh here's my hunter, please give me your opinion (also aware of my profs and 2 missing reforges that I just didn't get to yet)

But gear wise do you guys suggest what I have or do you think I should lean towards more MoP PvE gear, so far I'm handling myself well in bg's - that's also all I plan on doing (due to the lack of MoP)

Oh here it is :p

Clinque @ Tichondrius - Community - World of Warcraft

Hey there mate, that's a good looking hunter.
I'm not entirely sure about the gemming though, I think for offense you might be better off stacking more pvp power rather than agility. Is the alch trinket available to you even without MoP? Not sure about that. Personally I would have taken Narrow Escape over Posthaste, but that's just preference.

You might want to have 1 cunning spirit beast for overall effect. Bullheaded and Roar of sacrifice are just really good to have. Just hope you don't have braindead healers with you, since you'd lack heart of the phoenix.

Solid looking hunter!

PvP Power is massively superior to anything. If you're not gemming PvP Power you are doing it horribly wrong.

Well ofc there's a "sweet spot" depending on how stats scale on your level. The more offensive stats you have, the more effective your current pvp power is. Though if you had more pvp power and less other stats you could reach the same point. All about the weight of stats, but I think it's safe to say that pvp power scales >a lot< better than other stats.

Good set for pve you got there.
You might want to replace cloak/chest/bracers with the drop from Pandaria rares though. That bracer enchant is pretty much wasted :(
And since this is pve, you might want to get crit on cloak instead of stam :)

Actually I use this hunter in PvP. I find that resil hardly matters, and the amount of AP I get off of the various pandaren blues far surpasses the PvP power I'd have with season 11 gear.

I did consider mixing it up. I'd love to gem for PvP power, but my sockets don't allow for such trickery.

edit ; as far as the rares go, I've yet to get the cape/chest. Everything else (aside from the bracers) are pretty much in check.

Well If you had less hp and more resil, it would be a lot easier for healers to keep you up (healing per hp wise). All depends if you're more into arenas or bg's I guess. And i'm not sure about mastery vs pvp power for a BM hunter tbh, matter of preference i'd say.

PvP Power is massively superior to anything. If you're not gemming PvP Power you are doing it horribly wrong.

^this. very noticeable damage difference stacking pvp power, especially against healers

Users who are viewing this thread