83 Mage

Show me a Mage with 30% DR from resil, 20% Haste, 30 Mastery, 4k SP, and 27%+ Crit. I just don't see what you are saying adding up. I've seen PVE geared Mages exceed that 83 chardev in Crit, Haste, Mastery. I've seen PVP geared ones exceed in Resil, Crit, and Haste. Both kinds are at least 1300 SP short.

Im almost there, if i get Beauty's belt, i might get there, minus the resilience..

Check my sig
<

DO w/e the fuck you want, im starting to think this is a trolling thread, if you don't like the results you get from asking ur question, than do what you want.

Oliks, looks like you're a little over the crit cap, would recommend reforging some of that off for either mastery/haste.

well stif blew your chardev out of the water in every category except spell power soooo

like i said its your choice if you want higher primary stats or higher secondary stats + talents/abilities

i think 80 is better for mage, but its up to you

well stif blew your chardev out of the water in every category except spell power soooo

like i said its your choice if you want higher primary stats or higher secondary stats + talents/abilities

i think 80 is better for mage, but its up to you

And resil. I have 7% more. Among other things such as a hit differential, larger innate resists, larger innate spell damage from spells, ROF, FF Orb, etc etc.

resil isnt of importance, thats obviously his pve "glass cannon set"

hit is easy to cap, innate resists meh - resist elixirs n buffs are enuff. more base damage but less mastery so he'll most likely be hitting harder than you, and have shorter casts. FF Orb is pretty crappy imo. RoF isnt really worth it in my eyes, but if you want it then go for it

I play an 85 mage competitively and FF orb is the most underutilized spell in our book. But if used correctly, it is essentially a Hunter's frost trap. ROF must be used correctly. It is invaluable in WSG. On Tuesday in TP I managed to catch 5 Alliance with correct ranged FN and ROF placement.

they're both nice, but they're not gamebreaking abilities. if you decide you want em then thats your choice right there

Show me a Mage with 30% DR from resil, 20% Haste, 30 Mastery, 4k SP, and 27%+ Crit. I just don't see what you are saying adding up. I've seen PVE geared Mages exceed that 83 chardev in Crit, Haste, Mastery. I've seen PVP geared ones exceed in Resil, Crit, and Haste. Both kinds are at least 1300 SP short.

-(5% Haste, 7% Crit, 6 Mastery, and 1200 SP...)

I have 18,15% haste (1,85 from what u said)

38,38% crit (8,38% more than you said)

24,96 mastery (lacking 5,4, can get that with pot)

3838SP (162from what you said)

And as i said im almost that..

For your boots, I would recommend grabbing the "of Alacrity" since you are over crit
<
, that should give you a good chunk of haste. Also reforge the hit->crit on the wand to hit->haste.

Also Deathsilk Bracers (http://www.wowhead.com/item=54473) would be a solid secondary stat boost for you imo (although you'd lose some int).

I dont know why people even bother bringing up cast times, you're almost always going to be using ice lance spam as your primary damage in this bracket. I've seen a very well geared 84 mage DESTROY in this bracket, I would recommend trying something new even if there are haters. Everything is viable...

if ice lance spam is your primary dmg you're failing as mage

short cast times = good

Users who are viewing this thread