80 Tanking FAIL

wowscrnshot103009210448.jpg

and

wowscrnshot103009210549.jpg

Story: We were doing H HoS and this tank could NOT hold aggro. So I tell him and he said he'll try. So I pull a mob (by accident) and my friend (ChrystalKeep) goes into bear form and starts tanking 100% better in healer gear. Now these are quotes saying that if I pull by accident then he doesn't have to pull them off me although he's the tank?

25 naxx.

Tank gets pissed at us.

Turns Grob to us before a slime and bubblehearths.

GG

they happen, as a healer i always tell them to get better and care for the group otherwise i refuse to heal him.

after the 3rd death he usually understand that he got fucked and quit.

unfortunately people seem to think that tanking is just about absorbing damage and thats all.

I give people 3 chances, I understand mistakes, you get 2 freebies, after that ... your probably going to die.

As far as aggro, after reaching defense min .. that should be the next thing a tank works on.

PS: I love naxx, prot paly(me) and frost dk ... chain aoe pulls, great fun, healers learn to stack mp5 and cast big heals. >.>

Naturaltalnt said:
I give people 3 chances, I understand mistakes, you get 2 freebies, after that ... your probably going to die.

As far as aggro, after reaching defense min .. that should be the next thing a tank works on.

PS: I love naxx, prot paly(me) and frost dk ... chain aoe pulls, great fun, healers learn to stack mp5 and cast big heals. >.>

Speaking of stacking Mp5. I had a friend in my old raiding guild (Holy Paladin) who stacked Mp5 and he would NEVER go oom. He was always at full mana while spamming Flash Of Light endlessly on the tank. It was really tight.

Ha I love that, my shaman switched between ele and resto quite a bit.

Having 500+mp5 while casting means I can spam whatever spell I need at the time, or pretend to be a healer if ele spec.

IMO the ability to off heal, never go oom ,and pick up w/e is needed is alot more useful on a hybrid than say a ele shaman that does 400 more dps but is oom halfway through the fight.

Naturaltalnt said:
If your using Taunt, 99% of the time, your doing it WRONG.

Its for emergency, unless a boss requires a tank swap or such.

Did you read my thingy? I pulled a mob by accident, and if it weren't for my druid friend to taunt him off of me, I would have been dead. While the tank is sitting there AFK "Getting a beer". The worst thing is, is that he didn't tell us he was going AFK, so he thinks its my fault :S

I was talking in a general scope, taunt shouldn't be used to often, if it is ... L2holdaggro.

that or dps needs to learn to control themselfs. Now a days people start before the mobs even on the tank, back in the day ... you waited 3-10seconds, lol.

Naturaltalnt said:
I was talking in a general scope, taunt shouldn't be used to often, if it is ... L2holdaggro.

that or dps needs to learn to control themselfs. Now a days people start before the mobs even on the tank, back in the day ... you waited 3-10seconds, lol.

Like in the video "MORE DOTS"

In the video, the beginning is, DPS slowly, and i mean FUCKING slowly. :p

Yes, at 60 ... it was so slow man.

However, I played a demon lock back then, I had as much hp/armor as the tanks, we had quite a few 'warlock tank' expierences.

Then again at 70, my main was a resto shaman, between the ES, shield, mail, and heals .. I tanked quite a few things as well.

Finally said screw it and leveled a prot paly to 80 (he reached 70 right before LK came out, so never did BC stuff with him)

man I wish I had that determination. My mage is lvl 80 and it took me *drum roll* 4 years. Haha. I am the BIGGEST procrastinator ever. Not to mention I absolutely hate questing.

Users who are viewing this thread