80 DK twinking - Some thoughts, plans and showoff

I was going for a tank/dps hybrid. Something I could solo LK dungeons with.

You could probably solo all the LK heroic dungeons with ease in that gear (except for HoR, ToC first boss, FoS last boss and the PoS slope trash).

I usually follow these 3 rules when gearing for soloing:
- Maximise haste and stam since they provide both survival and dps at the same time. Getting the hit (246) and soft expertise (156) caps is a good idea, which you've just about done.
- Need more survival? Stack mastery. If possible without losing other stats, try keep your dodge and parry ratings (not percentages) as close as possible.
- Need more dps? Get the expertise hard cap (385) and then stack crit.

Based on your current gear, I'd use something like this: chardev 9
A lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you plan to solo though, so just take that as a suggestion. I also changed the talents around a bit (leaving 3 points to spend anywhere) and added Glyph of Rune Strike, Anti-Magic Shell and Blood Tap as they're pretty important.

I got the sarcasm just fine. Didn't matter if Falkor was being stupid, thought you were stupid, or whether you were correct or incorrect about your assessment of both him and me.

of course i got the sarcasm, i just replied like that to make his post completely worthless.

1, he assumed something that looks like Russian is Russian, and that Russia is the only country where people speak Russian.

2, he tried to pull a sarcasm involving Chinese against someone that actually writes and speaks Chinese.

Hey Aelo, I haven't sifted through the entire thread... but have you been on the PTR/Beta yet and what are your impressions so far in terms of damage/survivability?

Glance, nothing wrong with being sarcastic about Chinese. I am, and I certainly don't take offense. People generalize and stereotype, I even do it (Asians can't drive!). Asians annoy the fuck out of me sometimes and so do Americans. I laugh and move on.

i wasn't offended by the sarcasm involving Chinese.

i was offended by the stupidity of Falkor's post which assumed that a SS with letters that look like russian means the player is a Russian.

:)

i actually have an 80 twink and have been following these solo achievements.

however this falkor dude just trolls these boards to get his daily dose of attention, quite pathetic really. wish i could ignore people like him.

i know a lot of hardcore heroes of might and magic 3 players from eastern European countries like Russia/Ukraine/Bulgaria/Belarus etc, some turned into wow players. i find my own gaming preference/style very similar to most of these guys, this is why i asked Tetarius that question :D

i just wish you would die. too bad wishes dont come true

those are some strong words for someone you haven't ever met in real life, or even in WoW really.

you must be an angry person :D

HjE3O.png

Sup? xD

Maaaaaaaaybe :p

Originally I was thinking I could break the game by having 100% damage reduction whilst channelling Army of the Dead (as the Vengeance formula does damageTaken / (1 - damageReduction) so it would be dividing by zero) but it seems like AotD or DR are capped somewhere near 99%.

Can you think of any mobs that hit harder than a Whale Shark and are still accessible to an 80?

I don't think there's any single thing that hits harder than a whale shark, but you could try attacking a player at Light's Hope Chapel, that used to wreck me pretty fast.

As Glance said, archavon maybe? But I thought vengeance was based on unmitigated damage, so before all cooldowns etc?

I can't quite get avoidance capped as blood (and not as unholy anymore since the 25%->15% UM nerf), so enraged bosses aren't really an option if I hope to stay alive. The boss also has to use 100% avoidable melee abilities (Archavon picks you up and also has stone shards, Saurfang has blood boil, Patchwerk has slime bolts at 5% but might be survivable).

Yeh vengeance is calculated from the damage before it goes through any damage reduction, so the bigger hit the better :)

what exactly are you trying to do though?

Users who are viewing this thread