nope, really wasnt that major of a buff

aw okay :(

wasn't* isn't.

not adding it in anyways

blueisbetterthanyou said:
nope, really wasnt that major of a buff

Prove it .

Volitan said:
half the raid getting killed by 10 stacks of dots from swarm scarabs on anub yay!

Hell if your PuG raid can get by Twins THAT is amazing.

Faction Champs and NB just destroy any PuGs that step foot in there because FIRE IS HARD TO NOT STAND IN (and CC is so hard to do in a rotation where you get the same DPS as the tanks on reg fights).

Ohnooz said:
Hell if your PuG raid can get by Twins THAT is amazing.

Faction Champs and NB just destroy any PuGs that step foot in there because FIRE IS HARD TO NOT STAND IN (and CC is so hard to do in a rotation where you get the same DPS as the tanks on reg fights).

got the timed achievement with my pug on twins :D

lol@failing fire on NB, like failing razorscale.

fac champs got nerfed the hell out, pugs i go to only wipe once or twice before we down them

Ohnooz said:
and yet people still wipe on Northrend Beasts

Difficulty isn't relative only to this expansion, you know. Enjoy your casual raiding.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Difficulty isn't relative only to this expansion, you know. Enjoy your casual raiding.

Raiding was never difficult, the difference between 3 years ago and now is somehow attunments got removed so all retards instead of a select few retards can get in.

Don't even bring up BWL because that's a raid on a level of its own brilliance in design.

also another thing that made things harder at 60 was the fact that the game was actually new and people sucked dick at the game. also bosses were pretty much untested compared to now.

i dont even raid other then pugs but blizzard has done a decent job with hardmodes considering this game has been out for so long, cant be the easiest thing to keep pumping out "somewhat" original raids 5 years later

blueisbetterthanyou said:
also another thing that made things harder at 60 was the fact that the game was actually new and people sucked dick at the game. also bosses were pretty much untested compared to now.

i dont even raid other then pugs but blizzard has done a decent job with hardmodes considering this game has been out for so long, cant be the easiest thing to keep pumping out "somewhat" original raids 5 years later

Hardmodes are generally the level or hardness pre-BC BWL and beyond and early BC 25 mans (Mag/SSC/TK pre-nerfs) where on. My guild is still working on Yogg with 2 or less watchers and it's prob the most difficult thing we've done since pre-BC. I hate to see what 0 watchers is like (prob C'thun/Vashj pre-nerf difficulty)

Many people that where around back then (including me) are just frustrated that there are not more "hard mode only" bosses, considering Algalon is only hard in the since that you got 1h per week to kill him. WTB a boss that is hardmode only, can only be accessed by other hardmodes, but dosn't have a despawn timer PST.

Ohnooz said:
Hardmodes are generally the level or hardness pre-BC BWL and beyond and early BC 25 mans (Mag/SSC/TK pre-nerfs) where on. My guild is still working on Yogg with 2 or less watchers and it's prob the most difficult thing we've done since pre-BC. I hate to see what 0 watchers is like (prob C'thun/Vashj pre-nerf difficulty)

Many people that where around back then (including me) are just frustrated that there are not more "hard mode only" bosses, considering Algalon is only hard in the since that you got 1h per week to kill him. WTB a boss that is hardmode only, can only be accessed by other hardmodes, but dosn't have a despawn timer PST.

If your guild is still working on yogg2, I don't think you guys should even be thinking about algalon and, needless to say, bosses that would be harder.

germsbtw said:
If your guild is still working on yogg2, I don't think you guys should even be thinking about algalon and, needless to say, bosses that would be harder.

zomg shoot portals.

for Mimi hardmode, fire people can get, but stopping DPS to turn around is something that still hurts about 1/2 of our raid.

Ohnooz said:

as long as this is necro'd.....vanilla raids were harder than current hard modes just b/c hard modes barely add that much new stuff to handle, where as in vanilla there was no ptr testing revealing every boss ability and stuff. hard core guilds like ensida and their constitute guilds would raid bc and lk stuff on the ptr, when live hit they would face roll it. nothing hard has come out since naxx 40.

i agree on that much, back then people actually learned how to play, now you have to have seen how the bosses works and view thge videos before people can even get you in !

even worse, people have been taking only people with cheeve in their PUG. like you link them the cheeve and if you cant they just sdont take you in.

all of that makes the game quite hard for casual players.

back in vanilla, BWL was hard, very hard... now, it still wipes groups of 80. talk about challenge and strategies. heck even anh qiraj temple is still a big shot raid !

those kind of raids are long gone now, strategies are barely even there now, its a matter of, place yourself there, or place yourself over here. move over there. no real strat there if you ask me. moving is part of the game. using an orb, forcing the lost on a player was pure genious.

i always found funny those who think they never wiped because of them...

its not because you did a raid easily because your group pulled you thru that you are good. the game is supposed to have much more depth, and i hope it will get more at one point...

cant wait for cata, it should be magnificient.

AQ40 is the shit, it's the only raid that they never plan to redo, and it's my favorite because of it's questline and lore.

I'm a sad panda.

If they redid AQ40 into AQ25 at 85 I would speedlevel to 85 from level 1 in a week just for it. [But knowing Blizzard, they'd just fuck it up like they did WotLK].

iaccidentallytwink said:
AQ40 is the shit, it's the only raid that they never plan to redo, and it's my favorite because of it's questline and lore.

blue post? then again they never said they werent gonna redo nax or ony, it just happened amirite?

it is the shit. in BC people would still wipe @ 70 b/c they were retards. even at 80 twin emps and c'thun will rape you. very fun. speaking of which, im rolling a 60 pve twink and cant wait for c'thuns axe to lawlstorm people with and/or use with hand of rag via TG

iaccidentallytwink said:

Some friends and I were 5 manning AQ20, myself (disc priest), arcane mage, blood DK, MM hunter, and a Prot pally, went great, did ninja pulls and lived, got our TOTALLYOMGWTFEPICLOOTS (which were infact pretty epic back in the day, but still...) wonderful and fun, would've done it 5 times.

So after that, we decided to do AQ40 just to try our luck since AQ20 went so well. First boss. DK and Mage gets MCed. Mage is in ToGC 25 gear, Both immediately come for me (oh lovely). I was bubbled, DK got a 15k melee hit on me (about 7k broke through the bubble) then the freaking mage Arcane Blasts me for 55k... As you can imagine, this ended our trip in a fast way.

What I learned: 60 content was, and still likely is harder than the new stuff. (ToC is a joke, Naxx was and still is a joke, Ulduar actually was a great move on Blizz's part, can't wait to see all of icc and how that turned out, Plagueworks in ICC is probably the hardest thing yet, Festergut on 25 man is... just whoa...) But aside from that, this may also be why blizz wont remake it. Several very geared 80s getting MCed could easily wipe out almost an entire raid now given the serious stat stacking on the new gear.

Also AQ40 had some fight strats... and about 90% of the noobs don't get what a fight strat is... (hence why you cannot even pug a ToC).

Conclusion: Blizz is making things too easy. Complete idiots get into the hard raids thinking they're gonna clear the whole thing, wipe on the first boss and just sit there stupidly wondering why it just happened. GG

P.S. Fire is something you DEFINATELY want to stand in. It not only gives you a 50% damage increase buff, but it also makes you the center of attention on vent, and particularly your raid leader!

lol

1. aq20 loot was not that awesome back in the day...it was a 20 man raid

2. nax was hard back in the day

3. bosses in aq40 can be solo'd....u just need to know the strats, you cant run in like a retard

4. yes plagueworks is pretty difficult but not the hardest thing ever

Users who are viewing this thread