80 content is haaard

naxx was haaaard

wait, it wasn't. blizzard is making it too easy.

but really, all you mages out there that raid,

Mage

* Deep Freeze: This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns.

* Frozen Core: This talent now also causes Ice Lance critical strikes to reduce the cast time of the mage’s next Frostbolt or Frostfire Bolt by 0.4/0.7/1 seconds.

Pets

* Water Elemental: Waterbolt mana cost reduced by 80%.

* Glyph of Eternal Water: This glyph allows for a summoned Water Elemental to last indefinitely, but it can no longer cast Freeze.

edit:

Frost

* Deep Freeze now deals 1469 to 1741 damage to targets permanently immune to stuns.

* Frozen Core no longer causes your Ice Lance criticals to reduce the cast time of your next Frostbolt or Frostfire Bolt

well, no more haste stacking pve mages, but deep freeze will be crittin for ~13ks :)

blueisbetterthanyou said:
why are you even bringing up year old content that wasnt supposed to be hard to begin with

Because ToC is harder than pre-BC Naxx amirite.

Yeah but dont think permanent water ele gonna be virable for arena anyways without Freeze, but its gonna be fun playing 80-85 with water ele all the time like a freaking wlock :)

well, it'll only be viable for pve for a mage, it'll ruin them in arenas. The other changes are hax for arenas...fast as hell frost/fire bolts...

elocon said:
Yeah but dont think permanent water ele gonna be virable for arena anyways without Freeze, but its gonna be fun playing 80-85 with water ele all the time like a freaking wlock :)

yeah, i doubt pvp mages will be using the glyph

Spooksters said:
well, it'll only be viable for pve for a mage, it'll ruin them in arenas. The other changes are hax for arenas...fast as hell frost/fire bolts...

Frost

* Frozen Core no longer causes your Ice Lance criticals to reduce the cast time of your next Frostbolt or Frostfire Bolt

i just read this, and i'm crying.

i still think pve will be viable, i was pulling ~4kish in an uld 10 a while back

its not as much as i would be able to do as fire/arcane, but after 3.3, i think all three specs will be balanced

iaccidentallytwink said:
Because ToC is harder than pre-BC Naxx amirite.

You do realize he is talking about level 80 naxx not prebc. So you just made yourself out to be a moron, grats.

germsbtw said:
You do realize he is talking about level 80 naxx not prebc. So you just made yourself out to be a moron, grats.

I think I'm actually going to quote blue on this one

imma let u think about that for a bit

Well, I might test permanent water ele for a bg spec not sure thought. (kinda like my bg arcane spec)

frozen core buff wasnt really a huge buff

what? the 3/3 frozen core lowers it by 1 second, that's HUGE.

pve/pvp frost is usually using ice lance when fingers of frost procs, which makes it x3 [x4 with glyph] damage + 50% crit from shatter + base crit = 100% instant 5k damage, followed by a .5 sec frostbolt which should also crit from FoF.

the main reason for pve frost was the frozen core buff, D:

with frozen core you whould be able to get in fb, ice lance, fb, ice lance in "every" deep freeze

/cry, I wanna be the new fotm

imma say this again

it really wasnt that big of a buff and it wasnt going to increase our burst by that much

it would've been a major upgrade to what we have now, both pve and pvp.

not being able to land a frostbolt in an arena match is crucial, taking 1 second off the cast is just epic.. with pve, its just amazing, dishing out 1 second frostbolts, seeing how often FoF procs.

Users who are viewing this thread