The real issue is the question, does a BG even work? Yesterday I tried for 2 hours to get into the BG while leveling with a LvL 76 Hunter ... without success. I have a bad feeling that not much will happen. A waiting time of 30 minutes was displayed ...
Today I played a Strand of the Ancients and won AND got about 115,000k XP. That means a LvL 79 toon can't play that many BGs ... as it seems. Maybe you can build a LvL 77 and have fun with it for longer ... or can XPoff players join the XPon players in the same battlefield?

Last edited:
The real issue is the question, does a BG even work? Yesterday I tried for 2 hours to get into the BG while leveling with a LvL 76 Hunter ... without success. I have a bad feeling that not much will happen. A waiting time of 30 minutes was displayed ...
Today I played a Strand of the Ancients and won AND got about 115,000k XP. That means a LvL 79 toon can't play that many BGs ... as it seems. Maybe you can build a LvL 77 and have fun with it for longer ... or can XPoff players join the XPon players in the same battlefield?

Xp on and Xp off are in the same bgs now, I have noticed lots of 79s from wotlk have moved to the 81-84 bracket as 84 twinks.

Average wait time 5 mins ish

The 20-79 brackets don't really pop, sadly. Presumably because most people just boost.

I realized my plans for 81/82 MoP twinks won't work because the same thing is going to happen.. only the penultimate bracket (85-89) will pop after the initial rush.

The 20-79 brackets don't really pop, sadly. Presumably because most people just boost.

I realized my plans for 81/82 MoP twinks won't work because the same thing is going to happen.. only the penultimate bracket (85-89) will pop after the initial rush.

Some other brackets have bgs but only on the weekend a lot of the time. 35-39 for example. A friend also got into 70-74 bgs yesterday. A tip for pops is you can do /who the bracket you want to play in, make a macro saying que for wsg if we get in ill give you 5g.

Ye 81-84 is busy right now. Hope it lasts. 79/80 is a waste of time (for randoms Bgs).
This is not true at all, plenty of dedicated players queing 80s and making games pop.

I got 3 back to back 70-74 pops yesterday after I woke up and 2 later on. It’s still the beginning of an expansion, ques are notoriously slow always around this time

Users who are viewing this thread