60 or 69 Twink, how does this work?

BrbWifeNaked

Veteran
Why do some Twink at 60 and others at 69? Aren't they both in the same bracket pvp wise?

I am trying to decide on twinking at a higher level and was considering the 60s bracket, how does this work?

because 60s could historically incorporate level appropriate raid gear and AV bracket used to be 51-60 so you could be max in that bg while destroying levelers with Naxx gear or gems. There are still a number of people doing it for nostalgia and to maintain their grandfathered stuff at the correct level.

Now a days for new twinks most of the original reasons are gone, but Project Sixtys still happen which brings some new population. It has helped that the gap between x0 and x9 is smaller than any other bracket for 60s. No extra talent, only some specs get any notable new skills. And in general the twink population is not massive so you can go a lot of games without seeing a twink on the other side.

69 if you want to do better in bgs. Difference is notable.
60 if you like to complain. Or if you like the feel of nostalgia but 99% of your gear will be TBC dungeons, WotLK engineering and WotLK quests so IDK wtf is so nostalgic here :D

Just don't be 69. If your class needs abilities at 64/65, just go all the way to 70. Be the change you want to see in the world.

I cannot say good things about the weird arms race 69s have brought to the 6X bracket.

All my characters in this bracket are 60's for no other reason than it's an expansion cap. I can only recall one time that a 69 destroyed me, that was last week a 69 Arcane Mage that was doing 8K Arcane blasts and his missiles were hitting for 1.7 > 1.9K. (I don't have the screenshots but I was queued with a mate that was killed by his Blasts and died I straight after to his missiles )

He did have every buff known to man up at the time, including Saltwater Potion.

Played a lot of 60's early in the expac, and tbh it got a bit stale, too many 1 sided games, with twinks on on side but not the other. For me 70's are more fun at the moment.

69s get more gems, some specs get a useful ability, that's pmuch it.

No, it does matter. If you want more health, more damage then go 69. I've never lost to a 60 in a clean 1v1. Never seen them beat the top 69s on charts except for that nasty horde sp

In terms of stats 69>60.
60s are more challenging coz you try to max out lowest level and I think that's pretty cool.
Yeah, they always claim they are... more skilled (k lol). I personally like 69. Gearing was enjoyable. Priests lvl 69 ability is Leap of Faith and it's really useful for teammate FC or livesaving. Also I would be really sad about Anniversary Event, coz 60s got nothing useful and 69s got cool GFd gear. Also thanks to their level they get some scaled gear from quests and that was a good break from farming dungs.
Thats pretty much it.

Also I would be really sad about Anniversary Event, coz 60s got nothing useful and 69s got cool GFd gear.
Thats pretty much it.
Lol ? In the latest news 60 could drop Anniversary loot, Normal, Gfd, socket, etc etc.

Nostalgia nostalgia, the bracket has been so horrible since somewhere in wotlk when they changed the way classic accounts worked. Then you would twice a year or whatnot get a TBC free trial to also farm all the necessary gear from tbc content, if you wanted socket items from dungeons and quest items.

Back in those days I would have an account without expansions and play in the unlocked battlegrounds. Most notably av was 51-60 but even in 60-69 ab/eots/wsg you would stand a really good chance as stats were good. Then tons of things happened. When they changed classic accounts to be treated as locked exp and they were segregated from levels bg's pretty much never popped. And even if they pop now the discrepancy between 60-69 is massive. The damage output on some classes are just like wet noodles. It was a completely different era. And its never worth lvling these characters up from 60,

Seeing though how some brackets were doomed previously, and now have been revived maybe there is hope in the future, but it will not be like the golden days anymore.

I guess if you really want to be in that bracket and create something today, 69 is a better choice. Here's to us 60's who play other brackets while wishing for a 60's comeback :p

Ah yes... nostalgia

Nostalgia nostalgia, the bracket has been so horrible since somewhere in wotlk when they changed the way classic accounts worked. Then you would twice a year or whatnot get a TBC free trial to also farm all the necessary gear from tbc content, if you wanted socket items from dungeons and quest items.

Back in those days I would have an account without expansions and play in the unlocked battlegrounds. Most notably av was 51-60 but even in 60-69 ab/eots/wsg you would stand a really good chance as stats were good. Then tons of things happened. When they changed classic accounts to be treated as locked exp and they were segregated from levels bg's pretty much never popped. And even if they pop now the discrepancy between 60-69 is massive. The damage output on some classes are just like wet noodles. It was a completely different era. And its never worth lvling these characters up from 60,

Seeing though how some brackets were doomed previously, and now have been revived maybe there is hope in the future, but it will not be like the golden days anymore.

I guess if you really want to be in that bracket and create something today, 69 is a better choice. Here's to us 60's who play other brackets while wishing for a 60's comeback :p

Ah yes... nostalgia

Sad to watch because how dookie ret is now :d

Sad to watch because how dookie ret is now :d
Well :D ret was my last lvl 60 at the time, i was mostly playing on the warrior pebblechewer and my priest plaguekeeper, but they REALLY nerfed them as well. Warrior bladestorm was nutty, and priest shadow or disc absolutely wrecked. I dont think i ever managed to record on them though :( Oh well. i will never level them up!

Never seen a 69 ride himself so hard.

Lemme find the clip of you leaving BG before copping another 4k aimed shot.

I'm just telling it like it is. Why lie to a new player in the bracket and have him waste his time on a 60 twink that isn't as competitive as ANY good player playing in this bracket at 69. Find me that clip of Geobot beating Sauced in that 1v1.

I've only AFKed from one bg at 69 and it was because my 99 group was starting SoO without me. I was leaving that game if there were twinks or not. Go ahead and upload that clip though, I'll upload the multiple clips I have 2v1 and 1v1ing your hunter. I play a broken spec though BUT STILL

When I saw you rez and I knew I was half a step ahead for the zerk and had ramms up.. that was something special

I'm just telling it like it is. Why lie to a new player in the bracket and have him waste his time on a 60 twink that isn't as competitive as ANY good player playing in this bracket at 69. Find me that clip of Geobot beating Sauced in that 1v1.

I've only AFKed from one bg at 69 and it was because my 99 group was starting SoO without me. I was leaving that game if there were twinks or not. Go ahead and upload that clip though, I'll upload the multiple clips I have 2v1 and 1v1ing your hunter. I play a broken spec though BUT STILL

In a world of only 69s, such as wargames, arenas, you know, organised shit, and no 60's that are well over a decade old or levellers without chanted looms, sure go hard.

But you only serve to prove my point saying you can 2v1 my hunter. 60s are within the realm for far better coordinated levelers to stand a chance at winning against, where as a single 69 Hybrid instantly turns some maps unwinnable unless the other team has stacked the deck. I pull out ICBM MM (some matches I don't cast Aimed Shot at all, for various reasons) to try and 2 or 3 shot players when I have to face the fucking cancerous 69's we've had recently.

Sol was right. Some of the 69s are really cool people and I love hanging with them. But you all played a part in the arms race that happened at 6X that will serve to kill the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread