50-54 bracket?

Not happening unless you mean Alliance v Alliance wargames.

Even then, good luck.

As far as Alliance vs Alliance wargames go, I'll always be up for those, even if you decide to roll above 50.

I was about to make a couple of gear upgrade suggestions, then saw the Atal'ai Leggings. Atal'ai is the mark of an old-school 49 veteran. I salute your history.

Hi there. Don't stop yourself anyway, suggestions and constructive critizm are always warmly welcome to me :)

I also have 2 atal'ai boots, of the monkey and of intellect. But unfortunately not the chest as I didn't play when it got grandfathered so didn't thnk so much about it, if I knew it I would have farmed it of course, but of course also not that easy, needs luck too..

It also isn't perfect, first of all one could always argue that engineering is better, and actually most likely the best proffesion for any class twinking between 50-54.. But as for now, I really like my 2 trinkets and I am not a gnome, so the 45stam trinkets are not a huge upgrade to be honest, I probably even prefer those I have. But boots and head would be upgraded from engineering, no doubts about it. But still with a loss of the occasional 120haste buff or 30stam. I prefer to make a gnome to lvl 51 one day for engineering instead. I am happy for how my shaman is, and I also don't think I can afford to lvl engineering atm anyway as I have no high level miner for example and I am already planning to lvl it on a gnome so would be pretty expensive to do it on 2. I need 2 extra pairs of gloves, Molten Fists - Item - World of Warcraft and Murkwater Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft . Then I would get cat's swiftness on m atal'ai boots I think. And I already switched 24ap on bracers to 4stats. And I think I should try with 16pvp power on cloak instead of 12agi. And to try with boa cloak with 8agi and 8dodge (got cloak already only missing enchant).

For weapons I am pretty perfect I think. I have ribspltiters of any kind and enchant that I need. I have a wraith scychte, could have 2 for the fun, but I just don't think anything beats my ironfoe, so isn't an upgrade.

For my caster (current elemental, but for resto if i spec too), I think I just need the 25int trinket from winterspring and to win an av for the cold forged hammer and wotlk enchant, I plan to try out black magic first and if it bores or i dont find it useful/good enough I would go with 63sp.

If I missed something please tell me if you found something missing :) Thanks.

And thank you for saluting my twinks age and history.

Note: I usually use another edgemasters with 15agi, just i see on armory im wearing one with 15hit. and another thing to armory, it doesn't show all the stats of atal'ai leggings even.

While most class/spec combos will really want engineering, I think enhancement shamans can make a case for skipping it. You already covered most of the gear suggestions I wanted to make; here's a thought on level and gearing:

If you go to 52, you can use the Axe of the Deep Woods, and get the random satchel cape (capable of wrath enchants) and random satchel belt. The Axe may not be worthwhile if you get a lot of extra throughput from using the Living Steel Weapon Chain. In the end, you'll want to check the math on how much you would lose to secondary stat degradation compared to what you would gain from new gear.

Going with the Searingscale Leggings and Bloodshot Greaves will lose you some stats, but you'll gain your 5% bonus from wearing all mail. That may come out even, but net you some extra armor for survivability. Finally, compare the stats and capable enchantments of the Savage Gladiator Chain with your current BoA chest.

My instinct says stay at 51, since that nets you more burst even though overall damage stays the same. But some of the stats differences are worth considering, and tremor totem at 52 is great. :)

While most class/spec combos will really want engineering, I think enhancement shamans can make a case for skipping it. You already covered most of the gear suggestions I wanted to make; here's a thought on level and gearing:

If you go to 52, you can use the Axe of the Deep Woods, and get the random satchel cape (capable of wrath enchants) and random satchel belt. The Axe may not be worthwhile if you get a lot of extra throughput from using the Living Steel Weapon Chain. In the end, you'll want to check the math on how much you would lose to secondary stat degradation compared to what you would gain from new gear.

Going with the Searingscale Leggings and Bloodshot Greaves will lose you some stats, but you'll gain your 5% bonus from wearing all mail. That may come out even, but net you some extra armor for survivability. Finally, compare the stats and capable enchantments of the Savage Gladiator Chain with your current BoA chest.

My instinct says stay at 51, since that nets you more burst even though overall damage stays the same. But some of the stats differences are worth considering, and tremor totem at 52 is great. :)

I think that my ironfoe is still better than axe of deep woods imo. the 2 extra attacks is more than double the damage than the axe of deep woods proc and that is only on normal hits.. but 2extra ironfoe hits can also happen on a crit, let us say i crit for 400 white with my ironfoe and it procs on that hit so instead of just 400 damage I will do 400 x3 on that same hit. And it procs quite often. Especially at my lvl I think. I have read that hand of justice proc chance scale on level so I think it is the same with ironfoe and other items with proc on chance, especially the extra hit chance. So being at level 51 also secures that I have the highest possible chance for my hand of justice and ironfoe to proc (not to forget about scaling of other stats, agi/crit/hit/exp stats although hit and exp auto will be higher with 1 more level but I find it cooler/more fun/fair/motivating to be the lower level guy to nuke higher level dudes)

About mail gear and 5% I did the calculations (agility) and my a'atail leggins are simply without any form of competition when it comes to stats, I will still win faar more with them than with full mail and enough that the armor will also not be worth it.. My atalai legs have 41agi 34stam and 14hit!
beside that I have better mail leggings than searingscale (I got searingscale too) but in past when Dragonstrike Leggings - Item - World of Warcraft where the BiS I made them for my shaman and then dropped LW after and trained the gathering proffesion which were best for 49..So I stil have those, but it still can't beat atalai inclusive bonus and armor.
So it doesn't matter so much if I will equip one more leather or not as it is not a change between bonus and armor but only armor.. therefore I am even thinking about Arachnid Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft of the monkey as a final bis upgrade (note it now has an extra 12agi and 12sta of the monkey, I saw it as i inspected someone the other day on live realm)

But you also came with some good advise, I am glad you told me about the epic gladiator chest I completely forgot about it, I will have to check it out of course. And about those backs for wotlk enchant is worth considering yeah :).

Don't mind that livingsteel, it isn't that good. it is of course, but it is also possible to run behind someone and I still prefer my ribsplitter of the monkey with mongu in offhand.. and from time to time ribs of power with 20agi .. then i tried out wraith scychte with mongu, but I were not impressed, first I thought it would be awesome because it scales 100% from spellpower, and an enhance shaman with a good chunk of agi has quite a lot of sp actually, so my scycthe roughly stole 500 hp from enemy on proc. But not worth it in pvp as it is the half, and it doesn't proc so often I think, maybe 1-1,7 ppm.

A tremor is handy yes.. especially for pvp of course. But without gives me more challenge and that I have to think, predict, and more carefully use interupts, and I rarely die in a single fear anyway, my hp pool isn't so bad. But I didn't duel / meet real 54 twinks yet though I think. So I don't know if i need it yet, but so far it went fine.

Right now my account is frozen so I can't continue twinking. But I will in the future.. If anybody is interested this bracket is fun to play in I think at least. I also know others who began leveling, especially gnomes and I will make one too for this bracket in the future. Of course some will argue that it isn't balanced and bad from the beginning because gnomes can get 81stam trinkets and others can not. But honestly hp doesn't give skills and it also doesn't kill alone.

EDIT: Thank you for critizm, and it is always welcome

EDIT:EDIT: Are you sure http://www.wowhead.com/item=51993 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=51977#contained-in-item are obtainable at lvl 52? wowhead says req lvl 55

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT: Maybe it is because I can get it if I get into a LBRS/UBRS random? although it never happened for me but technically it should be as I can choose them manually already as lvl 51. Furthermore I didn't try that much the random dungeon on the purpose of finding out if it would happen and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that my ironfoe is still better than axe of deep woods imo.

Absolutely! I meant the Axe as a possible replacement for your BoA weapon.

My atalai legs have 41agi 34stam and 14hit!

I completely forgot the leggings had base stats that the armory doesn't show! Holy toledo, those are strong leggings, way more than what an armor bonus could get you.

You're right about the Dragonstrike Leggings too -- definitely the better option over the Searingscales.

EDIT:EDIT: Are you sure Turbulent Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft and Earthbound Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft are obtainable at lvl 52? wowhead says req lvl 55

Random satchel loot is pretty strange -- it actually goes by dungeon, not level. I'm pretty sure BRD Upper City appears in the random dungeon rotation at 52, and that's the first dungeon that drops the random satchel cape and belt. Even though you can manually choose to run Upper City in LFG before 52, it doesn't actually get into the random rotation until 52.

I don't know of any way to keep ring enchantments after dropping enchanting.

Still envious of those Atal'ai leggings. Man oh man!

Well yeah if I were to be lvl52 I would get and try Axe of deep woods for sure! Awesome top damage and maybe the chance on hit blast scales on spellpower? just like wraith scycthe maybe, on wraith it scales 100% :) so for me it is about 400-500 and 250-260 lifesteal in pvp.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (Axe of deep woods and some of my weapons) ribsmonkey still has the stats, 14sta14agi 7hit(1.06%)

yeah I am happy with my atal'ai of course hehe. I also have a pair of the monkey on my druid (lvl 49) + the druid also have atal'ai shoulders of agility.

Too bad I don't have atal'ai chest on my shaman though :/.

But I am grateful I have something though, but if I just knew about these changes before they happened.. I were inactive at that time :/..

Ahaa. I think I will confirm it on another char first the min lvl for satchel loot . A shame it can't pop on random when I am high enough anyway.

Ok something completely different, I did some research and I guess oldschool BS's must still have the plans for Demon Forged Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft. it can give some extra flavour to the 50-54 bracket I think if someone are able to obtain them nowadays :) Good for a sp paladin.

and can anyone confirm that Dark Iron Pulverizer - Item - World of Warcraft actually stuns for 8sec on players too? (As I am not able to play wow atm) Ty.

Ahaa. I think I will confirm it on another char first the min lvl for satchel loot . A shame it can't pop on random when I am high enough anyway.

I'm wrong -- BRD: Upper City actually turns yellow and enters the random dungeon rotation at 53, not 52, so no cloak until 53. I don't currently know of a way to get orange dungeons into the random rotation.

Just wanted to say that on EU Draenor Ally, me and some 5 others is levelling to 50 and going to do a raiding and PvP guild.
We recruit players of all classes, prefer gnome race if available with the class.

We haven't really decided if we are going to do pure 50 or 51/54 aswell. The items available @51 is so tempting.
But I think I'll personally end up at 50.

Cheers,
hit me a pm if you want to join.

I did some testing against devilsaur queens in Un'Goro Crater, and I'm finding that the scaling of the Wraith Scythe proc remains as good as the WoWhead comments claim, putting it on top of any other weapon I've used so far outside of Ironfoe. But I don't have a ribsplitter. Andraklas, how does the Wraith Scythe compare to your monkey Ribsplitter, in your experience?

I did some testing against devilsaur queens in Un'Goro Crater, and I'm finding that the scaling of the Wraith Scythe proc remains as good as the WoWhead comments claim, putting it on top of any other weapon I've used so far outside of Ironfoe. But I don't have a ribsplitter. Andraklas, how does the Wraith Scythe compare to your monkey Ribsplitter, in your experience?

hi I also got excited by the wraith scythe after finding out that it didn't only steal only 45 hp but more like 450 hp. But I got disappointed on the proc rate tbh. I didn't test it that much maybe, just some tests in duels and some dummy testing. And I think it was too low proc rate for me at least to keep up with the stats of monkey ribs for instance which is 16agi,16sta and 7hit . 500 dmg ish and healing is done pretty quickly as a enhancement shaman at lvl 51 anyway I think for it to be worth it. And generally the fact of making a 'random' class as enhance shammies even more random / rng, isn't a good choice I think. I also have a ribs of power as alternative, it gives 28ap instead of 9agi and 9sta (monkey) as far i remember. Also a nice one + ap = sp. Axe of deep woods has a nice speed, and super dmg and dps. But lack of stats! and as far as i know the proc doesn't scale on AP/SP. But if it scales like wraith scycthe it might actually be an upgrade.

I got an Axe of the Deep Woods, and the proc doesn't scale like the Wraith Scythe. The higher damage and top end couldn't make up for the dps from the Wraith Scythe's procs. I'll have to see if I can find a ribsplitter on Aerie Peak.

Users who are viewing this thread