Interesting.

Well, we'll have to see how it looks implemented first.

Maybe we get our hopes up and it doesn't affect us or something. LIKE THE FUCKING BATTLE PETS. ,,l,, Never forgot about that, blizz.

It's a change to core game mechanics, it's going to effect everyone.

I'm just saying, you might not be satisfied with what it is that you get.

Yeah, f2p's are getting too excited over this. P2P's will still have BIS Head/Legs/Trinket slots, as well as enchants and professions.

It's basically making F2P's be the equivalent of playing the 19 bracket at level 19 with no BOA's or Enchants. Not going to be much of a difference.

Not having to put hit rating in every slot to kill 24's in a reasonable amount of time will be a welcome change.

But it'll change what seems BiS for 20's a little, and will make some things you farmed long and hard for now easily replaceable by something with a few more stats than hit...

Regardless, with the removal of that giant rng handicap, even if a 24 is a bit better geared, if your whole rotation manages to land nowadays they'll be dropping a lot more consistently.

Not having to put hit rating in every slot to kill 24's in a reasonable amount of time will be a welcome change.

But it'll change what seems BiS for 20's a little, and will make some things you farmed long and hard for now easily replaceable by something with a few more stats than hit...

Regardless, with the removal of that giant rng handicap, even if a 24 is a bit better geared, if your whole rotation manages to land nowadays they'll be dropping a lot more consistently.

Just for the other forum users to note, this is an informed, intelligible reply. Anything less isn't worth reading.

Calling it right now: Remember when Blizzard spoke about deleveling temporarily in the future to allow higher levels to play with their lower level friends? It's coming. This is the new "deleveling/upleveling" Blizzard has been talking about for a while now. We will see level scaling outside of Battlegrounds before 6.2. I'd bet quite a bit that this is just the beginning of it.

Calling it right now: Remember when Blizzard spoke about deleveling temporarily in the future to allow higher levels to play with their lower level friends? It's coming. This is the new "deleveling/upleveling" Blizzard has been talking about for a while now. We will see level scaling outside of Battlegrounds before 6.2. I'd bet quite a bit that this is just the beginning of it.

6.2 is implying another expansion and judging by the quality of MoP's endgame I honestly don't expect another expansion.

So, for level boosting. I'm assuming they can simply do this in two basic ways.
1) They can level/delevel you
2) They can buff/debuff you

Both methods have pros and cons, both methods are bad implementations. If we are extremely luck, they have implemented complete new 'tech' to handle this.

However, any method breaks pvp scaling for 10s, 70s, 80s, etc.

tbh, I'm nearly certain this is only to help the huge disparity in stats at higher brackets--in which case the buff method is the most probable band-aid fix.
This scaling thing is the first thing i thought when i read this. mindy on her 80 mage is currently doing somewhere around 250k dps on some bosses when we do old raids

Also: You can't judge an expansion after 1 content patch, I think we have yet to see some great things from MoP.

Last edited by a moderator:
the key thing is hit absolutely, second thing is base dmg of spells - guess now my AS should hit reasonably harder (and notice this is bad for healers - lvl24 scaled base dmg = more burst); sure p2p still has the gear/enchant advantage but instead of being untouchable (well for some classes like pala/dru/priest) they'll be well within a reach of a dedicated FTP...

...ok still dont believe thats gona happen when I write this... too good to be true?

Not too sure if this is as good as it seems. At first glance being 'effectively' level 24 is awesome, especially for hit ratings and those extra pieces of spell/ability damage. However the question is about gear. If we can only wear current gear it could seem like a buff and a nerf, our current stats would mean less, especially stuff like crit and haste and we could end up doing slightly less damage in some cases. If by chance heirlooms scaled or we were able to wear higher level gear (might be dreaming a bit here) it would of course be much better.

Probably best to hang on a bit until we have more information.

You ever try Warhammer? They did this. It was good but less awesome than making the game all skill and not gear dependent.

The 4 level difference has always been the biggest advantage that 24s have. The gear, enchants, and even spells are minor compared to the 4 levels. I think we'll hardly even be able to tell 20s and 24s apart in 5.2

6.2 is implying another expansion and judging by the quality of MoP's endgame I honestly don't expect another expansion.

yo dogg they are gonna keep making expansions for this game for as long as people keep buying them

and if this change is for real it might make F2P WoW pvp an actually solid game

now if only they could just re-instate the arena skirmish queue system.....for everyone.....?

QQ, now f2p Hpala's and Disc priests are gonna faceroll my ww monk even HARDER.....

must.... resist.... the urge.... to make Spriest...

Users who are viewing this thread