49 Rogue gear and build help?

...if Rogues are lucky, it applies if the dagger is in the off-hand as well (since nothing about using a dagger in the main hand is specified) so I guess the BoA-dagger with a weapon chain or a +7Str +8Agi-dagger which name I forgot when I blanked out completely with a chain or 20 Agi should do ze trick.

with out doing math i would say the extra damage buff to those special moves wont bring daggers totally in line with maces/axes/swords (speed depending ofc). but buffs are buffs.

edit: since hemo is a MH special it would make sense that the damage is only increased with using a dagger in the MH. this being to attempt to bring it in line with hemoing with axe/mace/sword - just like how they originally normalized hemo to make all weapons more viable then just the slowest...now they're trying to make daggers more viable it appears.

lol10chars

Although nothing is specified, common sense suggests that a main hand dagger will be required. 160% is roughly like a Backstab but costing 25 less energy and imagine Backstabbing with a 2.7 speed weapon.

Tetrica said:
lol10chars

see hurps post. sure its not specified but i would be shocked if you could get a bonus for using an oh dagger

Well it only states that you need a dagger equipped. Would a dagger in OH not be equipped in any way? I don't know, apparently it isn't.

Tetrica said:
Well it only states that you need a dagger equipped. Would a dagger in OH not be equipped in any way? I don't know, apparently it isn't.

Well we'll just have to hop onto the PTR to test it out :).

However, I would be 95% certain that it only applies when there's a MH dagger equipped for hemo. It would be a pretty clever use of game mechanics if you could equip a dagger in the OH and a slow weapon in the MH to do some insane damage, but I don't think that was Blizzard's intention. If it is, I'm definitely going for a felbane dagger in the OH :p.

Taitaih said:
I'm definitely going for a felbane dagger in the OH :p.

o0ooh ooh do black magic!!!!! fagalot said its the best!

but tetrica...this would not be the first time an ability worked differently than the tooltip indicates. i will bet you that you need a mh dagger for the benefit.

Tested on PTR with an 80 Rogue, would have used a 49 if I could.

MH Axe OH Axe

ptrhemodamageaxeaxe.jpg

MH Axe OH Dagger

ptrhemodamageaxedagger.jpg

MH Dagger OH Axe

ptrhemodamagedaggeraxe.jpg

MH Dagger OH Dagger

ptrhemodamagedaggerdagg.jpg

Edit: And something I couldn't accurately test was Backstab damage. I noticed that it's been increased from 150% + Base Damage to 210% + Base Damage so if someone could zoom over to the PTR on a 49 Rogue I'd appreciate it.

do did i win the bet? cuz i cant see large versions of those pics to c/d

You could get +25 hit and crit on felbane dagger for OH and drop the engi trinket for tidal charm or any trinkets like the six-demon bag for extra burst

elocon said:
you may have won but you're still retarded?

oh thats rich my retarded little swedish friend

Users who are viewing this thread