49 Rogue gear and build help?

elocon said:
If you gonna do anything with the horde 60 dagger or sword please put 25 hit 25 crit on it.

25 hit/crit is ok, but for an ambush rogue 65AP will give the biggest buff to MH damage. with the hit you could drop flashlight/enchants and use that instead which would be nice, but not necessary so basically you get 25 crit - and ambush is pretty much a free crit with talents anyways - which again is nice, but not necessary.

Dont think he was talking about making a ambush rogue but w/e. Also Jsy is allaince and you better stay allaince!

elocon said:
Dont think he was talking about making a ambush rogue but w/e. Also Jsy is allaince and you better stay allaince!

ah well then 25hit/crit would be a nice choice for nonambush. and its all moot if he's alliance anyways!

hehe, yeah sorry am Alliance, human.

I like the look of Cruewk, some nice gear there. Seems to be an error with Boobies link.

Rib is proving difficult to get so gonna have to go with Thrash til one pops up. AGM is nigh on impossible to get on Draenor. Its pretty much camped, so unfortunatley highly unlikely I will get it. I have BoA's so I dont think I will need flashlight so need to find a trinket to go in that slot.

As for Dagger, purely for ambush (Will wep swap after ambush) I picked up a Searing needle. Doesnt look great but it seems to have the highest top end damage that I could find. GOnna put wep damage chant on it I think. Unless anyone can advise of a harder hitting dagger? Widowmaker has a slightly less top end damage, but does have 7str and 8 agi. But since I will be swapping it out after ambush, not sure how useful the stats are to me.

I will be speccing hemo for sure, but I dont know what it is, I feel like I should have atleast 20% crit :S, (ALthough I decided on mining/herbing lol). I also wouldnt mind putting the points into Ambush, just to have the option there if needed.

Once again, thanks all for your feedback and help, much appreciated :)

using the formula on wowwiki: after you add in the ap from strength and agility widowmaker has average damage per swing of 62. searing needles average damage per swing is 61.02, round down to 61...now that proc would increase it, but idk the ppm on it. so i think widowmaker + weapon dmg enchant is the best ambush MH. gut ripper would be the same if not better than searing needle seeing as how they have the same dps, damage and speed but even gut ripper has a stronger proc

dunno what boobies uses, but im guessing widowmaker

Falkor said:
using the formula on wowwiki: after you add in the ap from strength and agility widowmaker has average damage per swing of 62. searing needles average damage per swing is 61.02, round down to 61...now that proc would increase it, but idk the ppm on it. so i think widowmaker + weapon dmg enchant is the best ambush MH. gut ripper would be the same if not better than searing needle seeing as how they have the same dps, damage and speed but even gut ripper has a stronger proc

dunno what boobies uses, but im guessing widowmaker

I'm sorry I am a little confused. You say average, is this averaged over time? I ask only as I will use it purely for the ambush and nothing else as I will wep swap it out for next attack.

Or do you mean that even just for that single ambush, on average I will hit harder than using the needle?

Pardon my stupidity btw

thats the average damage per hit, meaning it could be higher, lower, crit, miss, etc. but using the formula the widowmaker will ON AVERAGE make a stronger ambush

all this ribsplitter talk reminds me.. there will be hell to pay if you've donated my monkey splitter to charity, nux!

and, if you have problems getting hold of one jsy, check horde side. they've been around for alot longer than us, so they might have some lying around

I have kept an eye on the horde ah but not seen one. Or do you mean speak to emerald twinks? And if so, would they be willing to supply the weapons to to the "Other side"

Can see it now - "Yup, I gave him the weapon that killed me" :p

it's worth a shot, pop onto our irc channel and see if they're interested in a trade of sorts. all contact info can be found in the sticky

Will do, not sure if I can this evening tho as got the gf over. Def will over the weekend.

Level 30 now too. Not long to go, and thank god I am now past the stage of only getting gnomer as the random heroic!!

Good luck if you want to buy something off "Hacksaw", he seems to have the mentality of a reclusive 12 year old :(

To see Boobies' link just click on it and copy and past ßoobies for the last part. It's the weird B that's throwing it off. Or just search for guild Decimation and sort by name twice for me. If that's too much work, I don't know what to say.

I use a Widowmaker w/ +7 dmg enchant. Pop Blood Fury while having Zerker buff great cheezy fun.

Cruewk is more well rounded and I just noticed his pants are wrong, should be monkey. Stam wins games, AP wins killing blows...

Yeah, I wear Embrace of the Lycan when I'm just dickin around and I never got the Darkwater bracers of Power. ~850 AP + Zerker + Bloodfury + Kings + Shout = QQ...

Been slacking on this due to moving house and stuff, but sorted now so getting game time. Noticed another thread with Rogue buffs to rupture and hemo if using daggers, anyone know if daggers is the way to go now? Before I equip my rib ><

The buff to rupture doesn't matter on what weapons you're using. We'll have to wait and see about Hemo Daggers, cba to do maths.

Users who are viewing this thread