49 Rogue gear and build help?

~Jsy~

OG
Hey all,

Since the 49 bracket is active on Blackout, I am going to level a rogue into the bracket. Its been a while since I have played Rogue in the bracket so was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

I have a basic idea of gear which I will list below, please throw any corrections at me.

Race:

I was thinking Human, for the extra trinket slot. Only problem is that being on Draenor, AGM is probably going to be impossible to get, unless I create a toon somewhere else and xfer him over, just not too sure wether it would be worth doing that?

Proffesions:

What do you suggest here? I was thinking Skinning and Herbing, or should I be going something else? I understand that the best trousers are LW only, but not sure if it is wirth it for 1 item?

Gear:

Head: Helm of Fire or/and Embrace of the Lycan

Neck: Sentinals Medallion / Fire Opal Necklace (of the Monkey?)

Shoulders: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders

Cloak: Grovekeepers Drape?

Chest: Stained Shadowcraft Tunic (+4 stats / 100hp?)

Wrist: Forest Stalker Bracers / Arena Bracers (+24 attack Power?)

Gloves: Blight Leather Gloves? (Unsure of this)

Waist: Highlanders Leather Girdle

Legs: Blackstorm if LW, or Gruffscale? Any other options here?

Feet: Highlanders Leather boots (Unsure of enchant)

Ring 1: Blackstone

Ring 2: PvP ring? (Unsure of other options here. Aqumarine Signets any good?)

Trinket 1: Mark of the Chosen?

Trinket 2: Talisman of Arathor? (Is Defender of the Timbermaw usable at 49?)

Mainhand: Thrash Blade (Mongoose)

Offhand: Stuck here, I have Battleworn thrash blade, might be too slow tho. Also have Balanced heartseeker, but limited with enchants. Is Hammer of the Northen Wind any good? Any suggestions?

Dagger: Searing needle?

Ranged: Outrunners Bow for the stats?

Spec:

This is where I am really stuck. I am thinking Prep is too good to turn down, so would I pick up Hemo with it? Any suggestions with builds?

Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, been a while and I didnt really spend too much time in the bracket before hand, as when I got there, the xp lock battlegrounds came in. Also, what is the hit cap for specials at 49?

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Just tossed together character planner . rough 49 rogue . chardev seven for you whilst crafting stuff :p

Personally I think that's a pretty solid setup going for high survivability whilst still maintaining 650+ AP and 15% crit.

The hit cap on specials at 49 is 40 hit rating exactly so you're slightly over with that but if you do arena's it's handy against nelfs. I should add that Fire Opal could take months to get and Sentinel's Medallion is a much easier option.

You could go for Leather-working over one of the gathering professions but from personal experience I'd say you'd miss the passive 30 Stam / 1.2k Heal.

Edit: The new satchel loot is probably BiS for bracers with the "Bandit" suffix though I can't remember the exact stats off the top of my head, and boots might be on par / better with a Boars Speed enchant.

Wow awesome mate, thanks for the help, and for remiding me of the new satchel loot.

Looking at the info on this site, the satchel list is incomplete for the 49 bracket so I think I will just have to get in there and see what I get delivered :p

So mining over skinning for sure too then?

375 Skinning equates to roughly 1.5% crit give or take at 49 so I'd personally take the 30 Stamina. Glad you found it helpful :p

Ok, so satchel would be +1 agi, -1 stam, +13att power , -runs speed not including enchants.

Cats speed is 6 agi and run speed and boars speed is 8(9?) stam and runspeed?

hurps armory is pretty spot on. ~4k hp, 660ap, and 15 crit would be one mean rogue. as for your spec, if you're going sub then yes get hemo.

as far as weapons, get the boomstick (has +14 agi on it). the throwing axes are great for warriors, but for a rogue the gun is better b/c 14 agi = 14 ap, and more crit than 6 rating gives. plus agility scales with sub talents/kings.

satchel boots/bracers are prolly BiS if you get the right suffix. also can you get the capes at 49? cuz the capes are really good too.

50 hit doesnt really hurt that bad, since it still boosts white damage & helps if you face a NE, BUT for WSG you can drop the blackstone ring, to get 40 hit exactly, and replace it with something else like dark iron ring of the monkey or w/e you want.

hurps armory is pretty spot on. ~4k hp, 660ap, and 15 crit would be one mean rogue. as for your spec, if you're going sub then yes get hemo.

as far as weapons, get the boomstick (has +14 agi on it). the throwing axes are great for warriors, but for a rogue the gun is better b/c 14 agi = 14 ap, and more crit than 6 rating gives. plus agility scales with sub talents/kings.

satchel boots/bracers are prolly BiS if you get the right suffix. also can you get the capes at 49? cuz the capes are really good too.

50 hit doesnt really hurt that bad, since it still boosts white damage & helps if you face a NE, BUT for WSG you can drop the blackstone ring, to get 40 hit exactly, and replace it with something else like dark iron ring of the monkey or w/e you want.

Yeah, agree with you there although I find the thrown is handy for quick pushback against a mage when nova'd for example. And on the rings, the WSG one would be a decent swap-in over Blackstone I guess since Dark Iron like the Fire Opal neck I mentioned earlier can be a bitch to get.

Rogue should always be using a throwing weapon. Although I do agree, in a Sinister Calling build, stacking AGI all the way. Whirlwind Steel Axes are a good compromise from 39, some stats and a 2.2 speed. The initial speed on all throwing weapons is 0.5 secs, but say for knocking an evo back, weapon speed is what matters.

I like a bit more utility, things like weapon chain off hand, stealth on cloak and gem-studded belt. From my experience in 49 so far, it doesn't matter if you've got 500ap or 800ap - you just cannot pressure mail/plate + shield classes easily. Crit would be the thing to stack, but you just cannot get enough of it. 25% at a push, if you gimped all your other stats. You can see with Nuxxies build, which has over 300agi and only 15% crit, 18% with 5/5 malice instead of 5/5 Sinister Calling. Making up another 7% would be a mean feat, and another 10% would be impossible I think.

I'd still take 375 lifeblood. That in conjunction with the belt is a potential 2k heal. 300hp won't do anything for you. That's one devouring plague crit tick.

Herb is the best gathering prof to get. You could also get the [item]Thorium Flight Blade[/item] from a quest for a blue throwing weapon. And [item]Marauder's Handwraps[/item] for your hands.

elesian said:
I'd still take 375 lifeblood. That in conjunction with the belt is a potential 2k heal. 300hp won't do anything for you. That's one devouring plague crit tick.

yes herb is the shit. that '300hp wont do anything for you' is fail logic though. next thing you know you lose hp left and right b/c 'oh its only 200hp, thats like nothing' and then bam before you know it you're a glass cannon, and those suck @ 49. 300hp is 300hp...its quite nice for just mining. oh and if you need extra money along the way, mithril sells for a shit load (at least on US kargath, i sell 20 stacks for almost 100g).

cheers for all the help everyone. I have started gathering gear, have my 14 agi gun, and the oh sword, doomslayer is it?

What is annoying however, is the ribsplitter, 8 full clears of brd and still nothing lols. wtb healer for faster runs!!

OH sword is doomforged straight edge.

while you farm keep an eye out on your realm AH, TI AH, and realm/battlegroup forums too. it'll prolly be easier to buy one. even if you get some to drop, you could always get shafted with wolf/whale/etc.

also to maximize runs/hour you might want to only clear the highway and some other stuff, full runs are pretty inefficient. better to get 5 mini runs/hour than 1-2 full ones imo

Looking at the Shaman shoulders thread, this may open up another can of worms :p

But, enchant on oh?

Main hand I will be going with mongoose on whatever mainhand I get (Thrash/Rib), dagger for ambush lols I will probably just go with wep damage. So oh, 20agi or mongoose or Weapom chain?

Imho, get a weapon chain. 50% of a Disarm can mean loads, for instance when having to peel off someone of your teammates, versus other Rogues etc. This also allows you to use an heirloom for your OH, if you have heirlooms available.

If you're able to start as Horde, get the [ITEM]10696[/ITEM] and go for a sweet Berserking on it, before transferring to Alliance.

Otherwise, I guess that Mongoose is perfectly viable, as well as 20 Agi, although I'd personally use Chain > Mongoose > 20 Agi.

Berzerking really sucks on the OH EAFS. Go with something like 65 AP or something.

~Jsy~ said:
cheers for all the help everyone.

What is annoying however, is the ribsplitter, 8 full clears of brd and still nothing lols. wtb healer for faster runs!!

hehe 8 runs would not have been bad tough ;) . expect 1-100 million runs. its so random, its so rare and then you need it of the right kind aswell so its probaly easier to farm a shadowfang, its also more worth ^^

If you gonna do anything with the horde 60 dagger or sword please put 25 hit 25 crit on it.

Its nice to get another weapon with steel weapon chain, yes but I dont feel like you always have to equip it.

Falkor said:
yes herb is the shit. that '300hp wont do anything for you' is fail logic though. next thing you know you lose hp left and right b/c 'oh its only 200hp, thats like nothing' and then bam before you know it you're a glass cannon, and those suck @ 49.
I say lifeblood for arena, mining for wsg. If you have to choose.

For an ambush rogue, refer to my baby - [char=Skullcrusher]ßoobies[/char]

For the best geared rogue and best played one - [char=Medivh]Cruewk[/char]

AGM has added benefits for rogues, u can vanish w/ dots on u and that guy knew how to exploit that. Only non ambush rogue that came close to killing an SL lock. Also, Alliance rogues >>> horde rogues...

Human stealth detection

Night elf +1 to stealth

=

sapped and dead hordie...

Users who are viewing this thread