[49] Paladin Gear

Cheers!

I'm making a paladin for 40-49 (currently 41 and done with BRD gear / has most of Mara gear / none of ST gear). I'm gearing for Holy, Prot, and Ret.

I'm an avid follower of this site as well as 49twinks. I used their gear selection options for the most part to determine what I needed.

Here's my question. I'm currently at work where I do not have access to 49twinks or pretty much any other WoW related site. I cannot browse for gear to see how the 3.1 gear compares to what's on 49twinks. Would anyone be willing to quickly review what they have on their site and give me your thoughts on how that gear looks after 3.1 is launched?

I do not plan on getting any BoA gear.

I have Searingscale Leggings atm but can't check their stats at work. Are the 3.1 LW ones better or even worth picking up leatherworking?

Sorry if this post sounds needy, but I work anywhere between 70-80hrs a week I tend to forget to research when I'm so anxious about getting the foundation built and my new twink and I just want to check Mara for Meshlok ooooooone more time!

Thank you in advance

Velocemorte said:
Cheers!

I'm making a paladin for 40-49 (currently 41 and done with BRD gear / has most of Mara gear / none of ST gear). I'm gearing for Holy, Prot, and Ret.

I'm an avid follower of this site as well as 49twinks. I used their gear selection options for the most part to determine what I needed.

Here's my question. I'm currently at work where I do not have access to 49twinks or pretty much any other WoW related site. I cannot browse for gear to see how the 3.1 gear compares to what's on 49twinks. Would anyone be willing to quickly review what they have on their site and give me your thoughts on how that gear looks after 3.1 is launched?

I do not plan on getting any BoA gear.

I have Searingscale Leggings atm but can't check their stats at work. Are the 3.1 LW ones better or even worth picking up leatherworking?

Sorry if this post sounds needy, but I work anywhere between 70-80hrs a week I tend to forget to research when I'm so anxious about getting the foundation built and my new twink and I just want to check Mara for Meshlok ooooooone more time!

Thank you in advance

Nothing will be updated on 49twinks until 3.1 is live. There are items that are changing daily on the ptr so it would just be a waste at this time.

No the LW pants are not worth taking up the profession slot for.

You are making a paladin right?

Elemental Rockridge Leggings

Binds when picked up

Legs Plate

496 Armor

+20 Strength

+18 Stamina

Requires Level 48

Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 10

for ret and prot. Also Green Dragonscale leggings will be used for Holy. I know what it is like to be at work and not be able to see much. I can't either.

Edit: Most of the gear that is getting changed is not that strong. It has lots of hit,crit,etc but very lacking in stats. The real stand out items with be for your holy set. The Green Dragonscale gear is just out of this world. You will want to get the chest, legs, and gloves crafted. They will now be the BIS for Shamans and Paladins. I have mine crafted, chanted up in the bank just waiting on the glorious day 3.1 arrives.

RickRude said:
Nothing will be updated on 49twinks until 3.1 is live. There are items that are changing daily on the ptr so it would just be a waste at this time.

Binds when picked up

Legs Plate

496 Armor

+20 Strength

+18 Stamina

Requires Level 48

for ret and prot. Also Green Dragonscale leggings will be used for Holy. I know what it is like to be at work and not be able to see much. I can't either.

Edit: Most of the gear that is getting changed is not that strong. It has lots of hit,crit,etc but very lacking in stats. The real stand out items with be for your holy set. The Green Dragonscale gear is just out of this world. You will want to get the chest, legs, and gloves crafted. They will now be the BIS for Shamans and Paladins. I have mine crafted, chanted up in the bank just waiting on the glorious day 3.1 arrives.

Given your post, the only things from 49twinks that should change for paladin after 3.1 (in the PTR's current state) would be BoA shoulders, BoE pants, and Green Dragonscale gear. Everything else is still pretty standard and could slightly vary on player preference. Correct?

Still working on Princess. Need a few more items from her. And a guildie of mine is farming me some dragonscales for the Green Dragonscale set. He also said it's a must have.

Tremendous help; thank you for the quick reply!

here some decent holy profiles :)

[char=us-Mannoroth]Tomcruisader[/char]

[char=us-Mannoroth]Chickenstrip[/char]

RickRude said:

Binds when picked up

Legs Plate

496 Armor

+20 Strength

+18 Stamina

Requires Level 48

Hey Rick....

I haven't seen Lux on vent in a while.... do you know if he is getting Elemental Rockridge Leggings or ST ones?

Krymore said:
Hey Rick....

I haven't seen Lux on vent in a while.... do you know if he is getting Elemental Rockridge Leggings or ST ones?

I have not been online since Tuesday myself. We actually have not talked about pants though. He has not even started to wrap his head around what we will do come 3.1. He has so much work a head of him. He has to relevel profs and all. The worst part is he might be the laziest person I have met. I'd be willing to bet Rick on the fact that I will be the one getting his gear. sigh.

On a side note. Little to be known I played a prot paladin for a really long time right a long side Luxor when we were horde side. It is a loss of 364 armor which is a lot in my mind, but it is 14 extra stamina. The crit is not that that important. I think the bracket is going to be so filled with burst that any stam you can get you will need to get.

Swoosh said:
here some decent holy profiles :)

[char=us-Mannoroth]Tomcruisader[/char]

[char=us-Mannoroth]Chickenstrip[/char]

here is my holy paladin, as well.

[char=us-Kael'thas]Subtracti[/char]

RickRude said:
I have not been online since Tuesday myself. We actually have not talked about pants though. He has not even started to wrap his head around what we will do come 3.1. He has so much work a head of him. He has to relevel profs and all. The worst part is he might be the laziest person I have met. I'd be willing to bet Rick on the fact that I will be the one getting his gear. sigh.

On a side note. Little to be known I played a prot paladin for a really long time right a long side Luxor when we were horde side. It is a loss of 364 armor which is a lot in my mind, but it is 14 extra stamina. The crit is not that that important. I think the bracket is going to be so filled with burst that any stam you can get you will need to get.

In case your wondering who this is... I go by my twinks original name before I xfered to Medivh and had to change name... I am Marmite on your vent. I come over to theory craft with Morg and discuss our class and number crunch and hang out and to find Frosty and tell him he likes Thai Lady Boys. hahaha

I got to know Luxor through Morg and he has been instrumental in setting up my GFs Prot (Ranchero - Ruin)

I actually didn't know you played a Paladin as well, and since I haven't seen ADT on his druid on our server in like forever I haven't had a chance to ask him as well on his thoughts with the new patch.

I will try and jump on your vent in the next few days and find either of you guys and get your ideas.

And I feel you pain in regards to Lux re leveling and you probably having to do the work lol I spend a a lot of time dual loading coffer runs for my GFs prot to try and get her Dark iron ring of stam.

I LOATHE coffer runs so much now!!

Krymore said:
Where have you been ?????

I haven't seen your druid logged on in a bit!! :(

i've just kinda been burnt out on playing my twinks lately.

been leveling a new "main" up with my wife (got her to play WoW again, score!).

i love playing my resto druid, but Ruin queues are fail every time i log on. so when i *do* feel like playing a twink, the druid isn't the first one that comes to mind. i usually end up playing a game or two on my paladin and then logging off because it's too boring. i'm kinda looking forward to the twink nerfs. might make playing my paladin a little more interesting. :)

Adt said:
i've just kinda been burnt out on playing my twinks lately.

been leveling a new "main" up with my wife (got her to play WoW again, score!).

i love playing my resto druid, but Ruin queues are fail every time i log on. so when i *do* feel like playing a twink, the druid isn't the first one that comes to mind. i usually end up playing a game or two on my paladin and then logging off because it's too boring. i'm kinda looking forward to the twink nerfs. might make playing my paladin a little more interesting. :)

Its your own fault for being OP lol <3

Like you though I am hoping that these changes breathe some life back into twinking and not detract from it too much.

Krymore said:
Its your own fault for being OP lol <3

Like you though I am hoping that these changes breathe some life back into twinking and not detract from it too much.

it'll be nice when it's less about gear. right now there are huge gaps in twink overall gear level. some twinks didn't get 450 professions. some twinks can't get BoA shoulders with inscription, or Naxx shoulders. some twinks can't even get librams. the stats add up and they change the game. like i said, playing my holy paladin with 4300hp is a joke.

it'll be nice to have that balanced so that it's less about gear.

of course, this puts us back to it being about class. i think a lot of people are apprehensive about the changes because the "gear advantage" they got made it so they had a better fighting chance against some of the ridiculously overpowered class/specs. and they fear that they're going to be made into those classes play toys again now that they're losing so much hp.

and it may end up being that way. but thus is twinking.

Adt said:
but thus is wow.

Fixed. Look at the druid flux in the past few arenas (minus S5 and probably here on out).

WTS new thread for Marmite to ninja.

Popoie naked > any 49 gnome lock formally known as Marmite. oooo burn!!

Anyways, since this is my thread about paladin, I feel like I should fill you in the my current status.

My level 42 paladin has all of the BRD gear for all specs (minus anything from the coffers, because fuck those). I have all of my Mara gear minus the helm from Mesh because he only spawns once in about 20 runs for me. Mesh was nice enough to drop 8 consecutive piece of shit chest pieces, though. I'll be off to ST once I get that helm. I hope I have better luck in there than I did in BRD arenas and Mesh farms.

I have all of my enchants on scrolls on another account with about 1,500g waiting to xfer so I can get dual specs. Popoie (since Jealous is my paladin's name I can no longer refer to my druid as Jealous) is going to be without dual specs. Unfortunate enough, but I don't feel like farming that kinda gold again and spending $25 on tranferring it to him. That and Decimation's numbers have been so low when I log on that it's hard to justify putting more money into him.

Pally power !

I can't call you Popoie it sounds like Poopee lol you will always be "Jelous" to me. You know you love me Coex spamming you when you try to run you shape shifting freak lol <3

Hey I don't know if you know or not but I made a horde toon for the first time in my life. And its in Deci. Orc warlock of course and I bet you can guess the name lol ........ "Crymoor" :p

Soon you won't have to battle against me... but with me baby, which is also great for me cause I don't have to yell in BG chat... DO NOT LET HIM GET THAT GODDAMN FLAG!!!!!

You know I <3 you bro!!!! :D

Looking forward to playing some games on the same side for once :D

Oh shit yeah, man. It's going to be nice to have a lock that knows who to lock down. Maybe you can stall your girl with a couple fears while I run past and snag the flag, hehe.

I can't even think of how many times I run through midfield and get CoEx spammed. I always seem to have too many people on me to be able to root you and then run. Ggrrr !! Level your horde ! What level is he, btw?

Velocemorte said:
Oh shit yeah, man. It's going to be nice to have a lock that knows who to lock down. Maybe you can stall your girl with a couple fears while I run past and snag the flag, hehe.

I can't even think of how many times I run through midfield and get CoEx spammed. I always seem to have too many people on me to be able to root you and then run. Ggrrr !! Level your horde ! What level is he, btw?

I think he is lvl 25. I only just made him!

Ohh and as for my GF.... well Ranch has a toon in the guild as well thats roughly lvl 25 as well its name is Shannen... A BE Prot paladin :p

Krymore said:
I think he is lvl 25. I only just made him!

Ohh and as for my GF.... well Ranch has a toon in the guild as well thats roughly lvl 25 as well its name is Shannen... A BE Prot paladin :p

25 isn't too bad. Who's going to run you for gear?

Adt said:
i never play my horde 49 twink lock. too boring!

My main is a lock as well. I don't know its the only class I don't get sick of. I have my twink Paladin as well and I get bored of it pretty quick.

I guess its like anything. People are attracted to some of the classes and less attracted in others.

Users who are viewing this thread