4.0.3 - 19 Paladin Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
UmpteenthTwink said:
i have another suggestion, When you say, like Prot Paladin, Explain what it means, Im confused on what a protection paladin is supposed to do, Thanks!

They're a Damage dealing Silence/CC class. They don't have the spells needed to survive as FC properly, so they aren't heads and tails above the rest. They gain SP from Str, so the way to gear is ofc stacking Str. You can FC on a Prot Pal, there's just times when it seems futile.

Also, need to add to the Holy guide, for people that didn't catch on; when you have an Ally in range of you and you need to heal yourself, cast Holy Shock on THEM, get the Protector of the Innocent proc (heals for more than Holy Shock atm), then WoGx1 them aswell. 500 burst heals (250x2) is still pretty decent, and if you have the armor to support yourself, is all good.

Ok Llare will add that in, please keep the updates coming it helps a lot!

Holy paladin gear updated for 4.0.3a with help of Llare!

I think they removed spider silk from the game, I swear to GOD. I just paid 800 g for 4 there were none on the horde or alliance AH, so I went to 4 diff zones and farmed for 4-5 hours and I didn't get one from any spider, I'm just sayin if you see it cheapish' on the AH then get it.

UPDATE: Holy paladin guide has been fixed and completely updated for the current patch (4.0.3a)! Added guides for new twinks (non-grandfathered) and old twinks (grandfathered). Races updated for 4.0.3a.

Thanks to Llare for helping me out with the holy paladin section of the guide.

I will hopefully be getting to prot and FC guides tommorow, keep an eye out!

Rystia said:
I think they removed spider silk from the game, I swear to GOD. I just paid 800 g for 4 there were none on the horde or alliance AH, so I went to 4 diff zones and farmed for 4-5 hours and I didn't get one from any spider, I'm just sayin if you see it cheapish' on the AH then get it.

I just bought 2 for like 32s, Im betting you just killed nooby spiders ;)

Allthough I wouldnt mind if they were gone cause I got like 4 drapes and 50 silks ;D

Vincent said:

Allthough I wouldnt mind if they were gone cause I got like 4 drapes and 50 silks ;D

But what about all the others without silk? :(

Hope it is still available I bet it is.

Edit: I just realized that I hadn't refreshed the first page for a while so my input was already addressed. Sorry about the useless post

Anyone notice how ugly Shield of the Barrens is? Maybe it would look okay as a troll, but any other race and it looks hideous.

For dps paladins Sparkmetal Bracers might be BiS for Ally or Rift Bracers for Horde. The Sparkmetal Bracers are a quest reward from a long chain. A decent ring and cloak are also rewards so you might want to choose carefully.

Also, Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge shows up as having strength rather than agility.

Edit: Looks like Rift Bracers are no longer obtainable. Not that the drop rate was spectacular.

Also Band of Argas could well be BiS for dps paladins or warriors.

Hey, not sure if its been questioned/tested yet, but with the new 40 spirit from wbfh, do holy pallies oom? My pally can use the standard heal forever and never oom, but using flash of light + excorism chews through the mana really quickly. Full spirit build + wbfh could be mad, not too sure though. . yet to get the hat.

Cheers

@Uther I haven't updated the prot, ret, and FC guides yet I will work on them today.

@Caulfield It is still possible to OOM spamming FoL or exorcism with a lot of spirit. A paladin should rarely oom though if making sure not to over-heal and uses spells wisely.

Vincent said:

If you can get it to drop from any of the following I farmed for hours for, I will gladly let you bend me over and have your way WITH ME BECAUSE I AM THAT FRUSTRATED.

Naraxis - NPC - World of Warcraft

Domesticated Creeper - NPC - World of Warcraft

Elder Moss Creeper - NPC - World of Warcraft

Forest Creeper - NPC - World of Warcraft

Plains Creeper - NPC - World of Warcraft

Giant Plains Creeper - NPC - World of Warcraft

Black Widow Hatchling - NPC - World of Warcraft

Venom Web Spider - NPC - World of Warcraft

Rystia said:
If you can get it to drop from any of the following I farmed for hours for, I will gladly let you bend me over and have your way WITH ME BECAUSE I AM THAT FRUSTRATED.

brb, farming... you'll regret this!!

I guess I am wondering why you think pristine lightforge are BIS compared to mystical paulrons that give crit rating and more +int? I also +7 int chant on bracers should be listed especially if you have WBFH.

Grabco said:
I guess I am wondering why you think pristine lightforge are BIS compared to mystical paulrons that give crit rating and more +int? I also +7 int chant on bracers should be listed especially if you have WBFH.

I have the pristine lightforge as BiS because of the stamina, armor, and resil provided. 9 stamina is listed as superior because a holy paladin is generally not going to be needing the 7 int. Again in certain situations things could be different but in general this is what myself and Llare (and many other paladins) feel is best in slot. If you have an argument for your side I'd love to hear it and take it into consideration when updating this guide.

for scout/sentinel's, you have the 58 items, so use these lines instead

[item]20444[/item]

[item]20442[/item]

I was taught by someone on how to do that.

I also recommend these items:

[item]Emil's Brand[/item]

[item]Deathstalker Pauldrons[/item] < for Prot/ret

notoriousthf said:
for scout/sentinel's, you have the 58 items, so use these lines instead

[item]20444[/item]

[item]20442[/item]

I was taught by someone on how to do that.

I also recommend these items:

[item]Emil's Brand[/item]

[item]Deathstalker Pauldrons[/item] < for Prot/ret

Thanks for the suggestions I will put them in as soon as I can.

Edit: FC guide updated for the current patch with both grandfathered items and no grandfathered items lists!

Protection guide updated for the current patch with both grandfathered items and no grandfathered items lists!

These are updated to my current knowledge I may have missed something. If I did let me know in this thread or send me a PM, thanks!

Minor updates have been made on the ret guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread