39 Twink Cup Rules Suggestion thread!

Whoever said that rule too Ban BMs is a joke frontline I fucked and on top there are many people who have had been working on their bm's (iggy) for years just to hear this nonsense/ every bm reroll feral see if they enjoy that.

No BMs, Lol okay........
I suggest no Disc Priests because Bubbles are too strong. *shrugs*

Don't worry its just a theory to be tested, BMs are great for front line, but once they notice that the enemy teams melee are walking all over their healers they will wonder if a BM is needed or not.

Note: Next premade I set up it will be tested and it shall be fun, going to test double hunter and crap as well.

No BMs, Lol okay........

Unnecessary ban. Keep bm monk plz. No reason not to. It is strong, but not broken.

It seems that most people dont understand the reason why BM monk is being considered banned. The issue isnt that its OP (It is, but thats not the reason). The reason is the spec removes the need for many other classes to use their slows and makes makes everyone in team fights run super slow. Essentially dumbing down the playing field.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in discussion with the 39 TC Commitee but i went over all the ENG items that could be concidered banned or not banned in premades. Just wanted to see your guys opinions on the matter.

The following items are...

1. Goblin Rocket Helmet
Use: Charge an enemy, knocking it silly for 30 seconds. Also knocks you down, stunning you for a short period of time. Any damage caused will revive the target. Chance to fizzle when used against targetsover level 60. (20 Min Cooldown)

2. Gnomish Mind Control Cap
Use: Engage in mental combat with a humanoid target to try and control their mind. If all works well, you will control the mind of the target for 30 sec ..... Increased chance of failure when usedagainst targets over level 60. (30 Min Cooldown)

3. Goblin Rocket Boots
Use: These dangerous looking boots significantly increase your run speed for 20 sec. They are prone to explode however, so use with caution. (5 Min Cooldown)

4. Gnomish Rocket Boots
Use: These boots significantly increase your run speed for 20 sec. WARNING: Their power supply and gyros do not always function as intended. (15 Min Cooldown)

5. Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt
Use: A shield of force protects you from the next 458 damage done over the next 10 min. WARNING: Force Field may overload when struck temporarily removing the wearer from this dimension.(1 Hour Cooldown)

6. Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector
Use: Captures the target in a net for 20 sec. The net has a lot of hooks however and sometimes gets caught in the user's clothing when fired...... (10 Min Cooldown)

7. Goblin Mortar
Use: Inflicts 381 to 516 Fire damage and stuns the targets in a 5 yard radius for 3 sec. (10 Min Cooldown)

8. Gnomish Shrink Ray
Shrinks the target, reducing their attack power by 120. That's what it usally does anyway...... (5 Min Cooldown)

9. Gnomish Cloaking Device
Use: Gives invisibility for 10 sec. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Personally for me the only items i'm worried about are Goblin Rocket Helmet and Gnomish Mind Control Cap. Does anyone know for sure if you can even use these items in wargames?

Also any of these items useable in WGs:

Mechanical Scorpid
Use: Teaches you how to summon this companion.

World Shrinker
Use: Shrinks the entire world for 5 min or until you attack. (15 Min Cooldown)

Swapblaster
Use: Swaps your location with another party member. Cannot be used in combat. (1 Min Cooldown)

Personal Hologram
Use: Create a temporary hologram of yourself for 1 min. (5 Min Cooldown)

Mechanical Axebeak

Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar

Findle's Loot-a-Rang
Use: Retrieves the loot from a nearby corpse. (3 Sec Cooldown)

It seems that most people dont understand the reason why BM monk is being considered banned. The issue isnt that its OP (It is, but thats not the reason). The reason is the spec removes the need for many other classes to use their slows and makes makes everyone in team fights run super slow. Essentially dumbing down the playing field.

The counter argument to that is the melee dps will roll right over your healers if there isn't a "wall" there defending them.

All will be tested in due time - keep bringing in suggestions, all will be considered and helps the committee to iron out any loopholes.

Not really getting why Green Whelp Armor - Item - World of Warcraft is banned. It really does not go off that much(5%). And it is a very readily available item unlike DMH.
If it is banned then why not DMH? People using Green whelp Armor are giving up a huge amount of stats.

Because at least 2 of the 3 healers will use it and no one wants to watch mass sleep DR wars. At the moment it is limited to purely FCs, and we'll be reviewing that soon.

While the BM ban is still to be tested, I disagree on the melee issue, because both teams are slowed exactly the same with BM. You're watching both teams waddle to places. With this change you might actually see movement and kiting become a factor in a team's strategy/gameplay, which is a good thing.

Either way, you will not be seeing BM in the 3v3 tourney because no one wants a repeat of the 19 3v3 with brew/mage/disc mirrors for 90% of the games.

IMO there shouldn't be any double disc allowed for BG teams, they're by far the best healers in the bracket and practically unkillable 1v1.

Not sure if this was discussed on thread but I didn't see any mention of it.

IMO there shouldn't be any double disc allowed for BG teams, they're by far the best healers in the bracket and practically unkillable 1v1.

Not sure if this was discussed on thread but I didn't see any mention of it.

It was. You give up SP which is the best chart damage in the bracket. There was even the consideration of double SP teams. Going to look at that but I imagine double disc will not be an issue and having no disc at all is suicide.

1. Will there be multiple battlegrounds played and if so which ones? I personally would like to see both capture the flag maps, any more than that would be confusing for teams involved in the tournament.

2. These items should be banned from BGs:
Goblin Rocket Helmet
Gnomish Mind Control Cap
Goblin Mortar (3 second AOE stun in a team fight situation is too clutch especially alongside horde racials)
Gnomish Cloaking Device
World Shrinker (or any item that changes a player's appearance or size)
The use of all appearance modifying items and trinkets (pigmy oil, noggenfogger elixers, etc)
All toys (companions should be ok)
Green Whelp Armor
Deadman's Hand
Stacking Flashing Steel Talisman and Searing Words

3. These items should be banned from Arena:
All toys (companions should be ok)
The use of all appearance modifying items and trinkets
Stacking Flashing Steel Talisman and Searing Words
Gnomish Rocket Boots
Goblin Rocket Boots
Goblin Rocket Helmet (do these even work in arena?)
Gnomish Mind Control Cap (do these even work in arena?)
Gnomish Cloaking Device (do these even work in arena?)

The counter argument to that is the melee dps will roll right over your healers if there isn't a "wall" there defending them.

All will be tested in due time - keep bringing in suggestions, all will be considered and helps the committee to iron out any loopholes.

No they won't, because their healers won't be perma slowed from 40 yards away and can actually kite back

No BMs, Lol okay........

ROFL, does disc priest slow your entire team from 40 yards away?

The only BG being immediately excluded is Eots, as it is the non-rated version which means areas are KoTH style, not flag captures, and there's no walls in mid at flag. We are still discussing how we intend to rotate through the map pool. It's possibly going to be wsg then loser's choice, but to help promote other maps, there may be a few distinct 'tiers' of map choices.

Because at least 2 of the 3 healers will use it and no one wants to watch mass sleep DR wars. At the moment it is limited to purely FCs, and we'll be reviewing that soon.

While the BM ban is still to be tested, I disagree on the melee issue, because both teams are slowed exactly the same with BM. You're watching both teams waddle to places. With this change you might actually see movement and kiting become a factor in a team's strategy/gameplay, which is a good thing.

Either way, you will not be seeing BM in the 3v3 tourney because no one wants a repeat of the 19 3v3 with brew/mage/disc mirrors for 90% of the games.

It is only 5%...
And it only works vs melee. And it can be dispelled. If this one piece is going to be removed, then DPS cc should be limited as well.
I just don't think you all realize how much a healer gets focused and how much CC is out there. It seems as if I am the only heal dispelling that CC. When I have over 80 dispels a game. And a hunter as more than one of the healers that is quite sad.

It is only 5%...
And it only works vs melee. And it can be dispelled. If this one piece is going to be removed, then DPS cc should be limited as well.
I just don't think you all realize how much a healer gets focused and how much CC is out there.

This is for tournaments, not pugs. Healers aren't going to be able to use it. That's a given. It's pointless addition of rng. The only thing we're going to look at is fc's being able to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread