39 Rogue Guide

ickyretardo said:
so wait im not too informed on anything so sorry for the stupid question but they are removing all the good stuff like leg enchants and shoulder enchants?

Yup, if you haven't yet you can check my post about that here

Ishh said:
Yup, if you haven't yet you can check my post about that here

tsk tsk..bad news for new twinks..possibly bad news for me..i need to buy yet another pair of basilisk hide pants which will be my fourth and get the enchant before this happens..

ickyretardo said:
tsk tsk..bad news for new twinks..possibly bad news for me..i need to buy yet another pair of basilisk hide pants which will be my fourth and get the enchant before this happens..

it doesnt matter if you already have them, the enchant will no longer affect your stats unless u meet the lvl requirement.

Swoosh said:
it doesnt matter if you already have them, the enchant will no longer affect your stats unless u meet the lvl requirement.

oh really? .. man that makes twinking worthless then.. gonna just level up my twink in that case

I recommend using Comfortable Leather Hat, heirloom bow and shoulders for a total of 28 hit, then you can enchant your boots with agility and gloves with attack power.

Also, I believe a very important part of a 39 rogue twink is the use of first aid. Netherweave bandages heal you for 2800 in a matter of 8 seconds. Given that, I notice many rogue twinks going for way too much stamina when there are so many options available for maximizing attack power. Some examples are:

-Huntsman's Armor with 38 attack power, rather than Warden's Wraps with a mere 12 attack power

-Defiler's Leather Girdle provides 30 attack power, rather than Ogron's Sash with a mere 18 attack power

-Going for Aquamarine Signet of the Tiger is a better option than of the Monkey

-Battlehard Cape has simply more attack power and stamina than the other options

-Branded Leather Bracers, which weren't mentioned in your guide, are much better I believe, with 14 attack power and still 4 stamina, compared to 7 agility and 6 stamina

Another thing is using the addon Outfitter to auto equip your dagger when you stealth and auto equip your normal weapons out of stealth. This makes ambush an excellent choice, especially when going for more attack power. This also changes talent options to include Improved Ambush. Like this: 0/2/28.

ah...nope.

no way to not equip the miner's helm^^

and maxing out AP while losing a lot of HP will make you very squishy post 3.1

if you just want to dagger/burst clothys...maybe, but facing a mail wearing opponent or not attack from stealth will ruin this setup.

I finallly wrote the duelling strategies section. I'll add a BG and Arena section tomorrow.

GJ on guide, I think Wing of the Whelpling is another good option for the increased stealth enchant seeing it has one less stats.

10 stamina

4 agility

Could you detail how you are Garrote/rupture over a sap. I keep trying to perfect it with various macro's i find on the web but am as of yet unable to pull it off reliably.

Thank you and great job on the guide so far.

Ganken said:
Could you detail how you are Garrote/rupture over a sap. I keep trying to perfect it with various macro's i find on the web but am as of yet unable to pull it off reliably.

Thank you and great job on the guide so far.

I'll write a section about that friday/saturday :)

Outstanding guide Issh. I was looking after a guide like this as I've consiered to move to the 30-39 bracket with a rogue.

A tip against casters: If a caster casts a spell against you, you can use distract to turn them around and then interrupt their casting spell. Works fantastic in arena all the time, since they never expect it.

Ishh said:
If you're in a vehicle going at the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Really nice one :)

And really nice guide, as it tells you almost all you need to know !!

if MH is a mongoosed mallet, the trashblade OH with agi enchant will be something to test. but you will lose 5agi to a 35+ weapon and vanq is just too powerful^^

Users who are viewing this thread