2v2 - most viable comps?

Bragh said:
Come eu, i srs

For my "2v2 team" I want to play Druid/Ret, cause I'm a druid, and obviously Shaman/Ret is better in almost every single way, I still do believe in that combo!

i know who you are bragh, this is my friends acconut im posting on, but you may remember me as muskie/miraged from bg forums days.

the problem is, there are too many shammies in arenas now that most druids just stop doing arena to avoid the lolfacemelt.

Nzxer said:
i know who you are bragh, this is my friends acconut im posting on, but you may remember me as muskie/miraged from bg forums days.

the problem is, there are too many shammies in arenas now that most druids just stop doing arena to avoid the lolfacemelt.

Thats why you go offensive druid/shaman!!! :) Ive never tried druid/ret tho, ive never been very impressed with ret tho, ive never really met one worth his salt.

Kore nametooshort said:
Thats why you go offensive druid/shaman!!! :) Ive never tried druid/ret tho, ive never been very impressed with ret tho, ive never really met one worth his salt.

the thing is though, druid dps is absolutely horrible, so you are counting on one shaman to dps through a possible 2 healers with the only help being a bash and a possible warstomp. if the druid was smart he wouldnt even attempt spell dpsing because his mana conservation is so shit to begin with. Trust, my main twink is a priest and my old main twink was a druid. Unless the player is exceptional, there is no reason to have a druid on a 2s 19 arena team.

But id still take farty for 2s over a nub sham

priest druid deeps ftw

Well my "hope" is that with druid/ret combo, if we separite it into 2 fights, which will not happen often, i know that I can drag out a 1v1 to like for ever, so hopefully my Ret/warr will take the counterpart down, thoug if not a 2x 1v1's scenario, i still belive that if the ret/warr can put enough pressure, as a good player will be able to do, I will simply not die, cause of LoS (if the pressured opponent is a dispeller) and the fact that I'm way better at staying alive than killing the opponent >.<

So I know I can survive, and if my partner is good enough, he'll be able to "win" it alone, ya kno what i meen.

Bragh said:
Well my "hope" is that with druid/ret combo, if we separite it into 2 fights, which will not happen often, i know that I can drag out a 1v1 to like for ever, so hopefully my Ret/warr will take the counterpart down, thoug if not a 2x 1v1's scenario, i still belive that if the ret/warr can put enough pressure, as a good player will be able to do, I will simply not die, cause of LoS (if the pressured opponent is a dispeller) and the fact that I'm way better at staying alive than killing the opponent >.<

So I know I can survive, and if my partner is good enough, he'll be able to "win" it alone, ya kno what i meen.

all your fights are going to be long, nd never count on your agm.

Nzxer said:
all your fights are going to be long, nd never count on your agm.

Agm is for me, used to cast wraths uninterrupted for a finishing blow. So, what I ment bout LoS is my hoT's. Pretty useless w/o LoS don't ya think :0

Bragh said:

The problem if you try to do this is that they will 2v1 your warr/retri while dispeling your hots on him rather than make two 1v1s or try to kill you, and as a druid you cant aport much more than roots and some bashes when you arnt the focus.

_Wip_ said:
The problem if you try to do this is that they will 2v1 your warr/retri while dispeling your hots on him rather than make two 1v1s or try to kill you, and as a druid you cant aport much more than roots and some bashes when you arnt the focus.

pretty much what i was saying

Shaman/Hunter

_Wip_ said:

Why you talk like my partner is smoking some really strong weed while doing 2's. Also staded, Shammy/Ret is better in probably every way. But If focusing my partner, I can heal him with my Healing Touch (obv lol), Root so my Partner get 1-2 sec out of melee range of their partner, and I can toss out many wraths. The thing is, if they have a dispeller, and the dps tries to nuke my partner. we'll simply LoS dispeller as much as possible, and wait untill the oppoaite team does enough mistakes that we can kill the dps, I have two interrupts as Tauren Druid. Saved for AGM on CD and Lifeblood on CD, that should be enough to hopefully get the other dude down. But not saying that is easy, but the Ret/druid is more of a surviving combo, cause the ret obv makes a macro for buffing me with the 10mp5 buff, (re-apply when dispelled) which makes that combo very outlasting. I'll run with 19mp5 with spellpower enchants in ever slot where it can be enchanted. Which gives high enough heals. Thing is, it's not the best setup, it's just underestimated, cause it's a surviving combo, not a nukedown combo. If we keep up buff's etc and play clever, the opposit side, will eventually (and hopefully) run out of mana. Thats when we change into agressive rabies dogs. Anyways, need to find a partner capable of what explained, cause the only one i know can do this, is teamed with a shaman from mah guild :).

Cause obv Dru/red<Sham/ret

:)

speaking as a priest, if i saw your team i wouldnt be threatend in the slightest.

especially with a war

Bragh said:
Why you talk like my partner is smoking some really strong weed while doing 2's. Also staded, Shammy/Ret is better in probably every way. But If focusing my partner, I can heal him with my Healing Touch (obv lol), Root so my Partner get 1-2 sec out of melee range of their partner, and I can toss out many wraths. The thing is, if they have a dispeller, and the dps tries to nuke my partner. we'll simply LoS dispeller as much as possible, and wait untill the oppoaite team does enough mistakes that we can kill the dps, I have two interrupts as Tauren Druid. Saved for AGM on CD and Lifeblood on CD, that should be enough to hopefully get the other dude down. But not saying that is easy, but the Ret/druid is more of a surviving combo, cause the ret obv makes a macro for buffing me with the 10mp5 buff, (re-apply when dispelled) which makes that combo very outlasting. I'll run with 19mp5 with spellpower enchants in ever slot where it can be enchanted. Which gives high enough heals. Thing is, it's not the best setup, it's just underestimated, cause it's a surviving combo, not a nukedown combo. If we keep up buff's etc and play clever, the opposit side, will eventually (and hopefully) run out of mana. Thats when we change into agressive rabies dogs. Anyways, need to find a partner capable of what explained, cause the only one i know can do this, is teamed with a shaman from mah guild :).

Sham/lock would rape your 2s so hard.

Maelstromz said:
Sham/lock would rape your 2s so hard.

Not if we leave before fight begins! Looks better on the SS than the rape itself!

Bragh said:

Ofc you would be using HT, Roots and LOS but the fact that i was trying to say is that you havnt nothing to do plus heal your patern (wraths only would get you oom faster, it would only be woth of using it for nuke someone in a needed situation).

So if they arent on you is just a 2v1 against your retri and even if you manage to abuse of LOS and Fake cast (outskilling they) for keep your pater up out of their burst, you would surely be oom earlyer and lose anyway.

So your argument sounds like wining by outskilling they, ofc you can beat a lot of setups simply by outskilling, but on equal conditions you would have probleems with mostly shaman teams :)

_Wip_ said:
Ofc you would be using HT, Roots and LOS but the fact that i was trying to say is that you havnt nothing to do plus heal your patern (wraths only would get you oom faster, it would only be woth of using it for nuke someone in a needed situation).

So if they arent on you is just a 2v1 against your retri and even if you manage to abuse of LOS and Fake cast (outskilling they) for keep your pater up out of their burst, you would surely be oom earlyer and lose anyway.

So your argument sounds like wining by outskilling they, ofc you can beat a lot of setups simply by outskilling, but on equal conditions you would have probleems with mostly shaman teams :)

Not to say that you're wrong, but the ret does dmg aswell. I'm not the one LoS abusing, it's the ret, while he tries to dmg the dps while I get the dispeller at distance. If the pally isn't a retard, he should survive most attemts on takin him down yo.

I'm just defending the combo, not saying it's better. But it's not easy to nuke it down, unless lock/shammy or lock/priest. Which is like the most common arena combo's in tournaments! This is very cool!

Bragh said:
Not to say that you're wrong, but the ret does dmg aswell. I'm not the one LoS abusing, it's the ret, while he tries to dmg the dps while I get the dispeller at distance. If the pally isn't a retard, he should survive most attemts on takin him down yo.

I'm just defending the combo, not saying it's better. But it's not easy to nuke it down, unless lock/shammy or lock/priest. Which is like the most common arena combo's in tournaments! This is very cool!

Yea lock/shammy is pretty damm, stonebreath and me had to play 10 games against it in the 2v2 tournament... priest/lock is at least a bit more doable with sr sets. Hope to see u testing the druid/retri in the next 2v2tournament that i would try to organize after holydais i think :)

Nzxer said:
the thing is though, druid dps is absolutely horrible, so you are counting on one shaman to dps through a possible 2 healers with the only help being a bash and a possible warstomp. if the druid was smart he wouldnt even attempt spell dpsing because his mana conservation is so shit to begin with. Trust, my main twink is a priest and my old main twink was a druid. Unless the player is exceptional, there is no reason to have a druid on a 2s 19 arena team.

But id still take farty for 2s over a nub sham

priest druid deeps ftw

Your first statement is completely untrue, druids have adequate/good dps even when not specifically specced for it, aswell as having good CC, good anti hunter abilities, good surv and fair healing. A druid who knows what hes doing can put a fair amount of pressure on someone, poor druids cant, but some1 who knows what hes doing with roots and wraths can.

A druid/shammy combo will be able to have the shaman in the enemies face all the time whilst having decent dps and having 2xhealers.

I know alot of people dont believe in wrathkin druids, and theres some reason for this, but theyre not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. drood/sham possibly isnt the best combo ;) but i like it

Kore nametooshort said:
I know alot of people dont believe in wrathkin druids, and theres some reason for this, but theyre not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

2nk8miv.jpg

The priest is far from geared. But in my experience so far, you only get 1 shot at taking someone with a Mini boomkin // Shadow priest.

Gotta admit though, I was abit surprised when we won the match in about 30 sec. Everything just went perfect.

It IS possible, but the odds are strongly against you, running that.

Users who are viewing this thread