29ers that got the bracket started last year.

...for science

...for science

"Quality control is very important"

A.I.ArtificialItelligence.gif

at fitting, i was told careful not to poke model's chest w safety pin.

I am playing SWTOR, sith, on "The deadweight" pvp server.

Naht bad game

Hey guys,

First, I never got to say this at any point last year. Thank you for providing a fun and balanced atmosphere that helped our bracket grow in the early months.

Every fight night you would drop a line in the 29s Fight Night thread on the official forums, log on to the 49queuelist and get in vent. You would switch sides as to balance skill. You voluntarily shelved your grandfathered gear so as to make the bracket more inviting to new players, and specifically caster classes.

You even joined me in asking that new Hunters roll a different class. And when they refused for several games? We had a good laugh farming them in vent while there teammates stump sat and laughed as well.

There was little in-fighting because WE understood the underlying social contract. In order to get games we needed to make sure that everyone, on both sides, was having a grand time.

At some point Ryan, DetoX, and later MB (though by that point we were pretty far gone) came and disrupted the community that we created. And all the while we were plagued by the ever-pestilent Willyshatner telling us that we COULD NOT regulate our social contract. Games stopped being about fun, they became win-at-all-costs. Booting players, fielding Hunters, and name calling ran rampant. In retrospect that was a very immature and poor decision on my part.

But how many of you OGs are around? What would it take for you to be interested in 29s again? Would you want to set up the goals and rules we originally set off with?

Thanks for reading.

Dont

Its only a problem when you aren't playing a hunter and playing a mage(countered by hunters at this level). Nice ambassador for the 29 bracket you are, ahaha.

Hey now im playing old republic and i actually like it *shrugs* i have no desire at all to play WoW anymore, maybe if 29s cameback i would. Alot of people are giving old republic flak but the game launched like a month ago so bioware is still smashing bugs. Depends on your preferences, the voice acting quests etc. add a degree of immersion but some stories are definately better than others. As for class balance they're mostly balanced, no clear cut "frost mage" class in the game(frost mage as in stupid OP). Some imbalances but not to frostmage levels

edit:darnit Ohai i saw you played BF3 but it's on PC =/ i play it on the consoles(well mainly PS3)

Hey now im playing old republic and i actually like it *shrugs* i have no desire at all to play WoW anymore, maybe if 29s cameback i would. Alot of people are giving old republic flak but the game launched like a month ago so bioware is still smashing bugs. Depends on your preferences, the voice acting quests etc. add a degree of immersion but some stories are definately better than others. As for class balance they're mostly balanced, no clear cut "frost mage" class in the game(frost mage as in stupid OP). Some imbalances but not to frostmage levels

edit:darnit Ohai i saw you played BF3 but it's on PC =/ i play it on the consoles(well mainly PS3)

It's got a lot of bugs that irk me, and a lot of shitty ui and design choices.

That said, the questing/voiceacting/group play is the best of any mmo i've played

just remember wow wasnt very solid either at launch, bioware has been releasing bug fix patches every week so they're very proactive about it and they have their first content patch coming out next week, i knew the launch wasnt going to be amazing.

quick question ohai....what server are you on in old republic, guy on this server called geoff

quick question ohai....what server are you on in old republic, guy on this server called geoff

The Deadweight, and no, I was named Oha'i

Damn nerds and hey im not army, dont think you can insult me like that
<

Users who are viewing this thread