29 Shamans - Gearing Deep Dive

Discussion in '29s (Vanilla)' started by BARNYARD, Nov 7, 2019.

Share This Page

1. OP
    BARNYARD

BARNYARD Member

I tried that exact spec for a bit and wasn't a big fan, but who knows. There's not really a benefit to 2H like on a Warrior (Charge to get into position, or Overpower) or Paladin (BoF to keep you in the fight, Seal of the Crusader). If Windfury was in the bracket, then maybe so.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sbdaddy

Sbdaddy Grandfathered

Def hear u there. I don't have personal exp with the class, but I see plenty of fights where the shaman looks like he's reaching but can't quite get to his target much of the time. lol even with poison cleanse/tot, crippling is quickly reapplied, and the other slows in the fight.

3. Eddie

Eddie Idc too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Outofspace

Outofspace Deeps

Looks tasty. Glowing Magical Bracers on your All-Rounder are questionable. I would stick with Emissary Cuffs for sure. Don't drop AC unless it comes with a ton of stats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rulio19

Rulio19 Member

Hey, i am building a shamy right now, mainly with the target to play some aggressive support style.
    I already play a priest and like the heal/dispel/undying part of it, but want to try sonething more aggressive support role. I am pretty sure the shock/totem/purge Ability of a shaman fits this the most. But i am not sure about the damage output. Since i am mostly solo/duo i would like to be able to kill efcs if noone else can/does.

Question is: how ist the damage output of your offense build?

6. Outofspace

Outofspace Deeps

You will win most 1v1s but it won't be quick. Taking down an FC alone before they get support is doable with some dynamite, but I wouldn't count on it. However you + even a random leveler will be savage.

7. Vroojo

Vroojo Grandfathered

Hello :)

I am playing at this momment this enhancement build/gear that works pretty well. So fun (based on stack crit for flurry) and swaping into healing weapon+shield if you need heal (+84 healing so heals are pretty decent)

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/2gDeDYDGu1HTZH2o3ZHFWZ

Also have this resto gear, that allows you to go full healer into premade (You will thanks this wolf cast in 1sec)

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/tuVcxkXkqqoF25btDQLDUH

*Dont have already reputation enough for BG items, so I will improve both gears.

You can see a bit of how it works in some world pvp :)

8. chapek.jeff

chapek.jeff Veteran

Used comments from this guide to inform rhe gearing and decision making of my shaman. An offensive support/all around support w Stam (to around 1900 HP buffed w Fort) and then the rest into int/mana is the way to go.

I use Skullbreaker w int then swap to windstorm w/ 30 sp when I go thru 27 int worth of mana. I also have a tp w fiery I use when near oom or when sitting on a caster w searing totem for pushback.

Fun class, still prefer mage though ;)

Danycarry